Status: I love constructive criticism. Tell me what I can do better. Or tell me what you like. Please, I'd love to hear from you guys:)

The Monster Inside Me

Stranded

2009 was a pretty good year. I was a pre-teen. And I just started making friends, which is always an exciting thing. To be honest, it was pretty strange to have someone to talk to in-school, on the bus and out-of-school. It was different, but a good different. I really liked it. I didn't feel so alone anymore.

Nick's relationship with Gabbie and I grew stronger, same with our father's. Our father, I could tell, liked having Gabbie and I around, he told us that he'd keep the garage door open so we'd be welcome to come over whenever we wanted. Nick, Gabbie, and I quickly took advantage of this. Everyday after school, Gabbie and I would leave our mother's house and meet Nick at our father's house. When we hung out it consisted of blasting music and dancing around, talking about nothing and everything, watching movies, or being on the computer watching YouTube videos or on Facebook making fun of people. It was always a good time. It was really great to have a friend. Around five, six-o-clock though, Gabbie and I would have to leave my father's house, and go back home to my mother's. We weren't allowed to leave the house, so we'd have to be home before she came home from work. It was always successful. My mother was a nurse's aid. Before that, she worked for the government. But she was laid off and had to find a new job. She also has a fuller body, just like Michelle does, she has short, very curly hair, and dark brown eyes. She has that face that you don't want to mess with her. She always looks angry. It's hard to tell if she's ever happy. That's why I always listen to her, and do what she says, because I don't know how she'll react if I didn't. I guess you could say I was afraid of her. Not physically, just verbally. Especially, I guess, because how she treated and talked about my father. I didn't want to be talked about like that from my mother. But disobeying her and leaving the house to hang out with finally a friend, seemed more important to me then her anger. Besides, we'd come home before she came home, so she never knew.

As the temperature grew warmer and the spring and summer months approached, we became more interested in being outside. We'd love to go out for walks. We'd go out for walks and be gone for hours.

Our old friend Dillon, came back into the picture. One night the three of us decided to go to the movies to see the first ever Twilight movies. We brought along my friend Danielle, she has the same name as me, and Cheyenne. They both were acquaintances, but I figured, why not invite them? The more the merrier. Nick brought along Dillon, and that's when we met. My first impression was that he was cute. Someone I'd like to get to know, and be friends with. He was, I guess, that same height as me. He had short black hair, brown eyes, and he was a little chubby. He was wearing jeans and a leather jacket. It was pretty cold that night. While, we were watching the movie, he never stopped talking, and he was also very interested in Gabbie. So I wasn't so interested anymore. He was annoying. And that was the last time we saw him.

But when Dillon came back into the picture, there comes the drama. He wanted to fight this kid named Brian. My friend Danielle was very close to Brian. I don't remember the exact reason why they wanted to fight, but they were both determined to fight each other.

After school at the buses, that's when they'd plan to fight. But every single day, Dillon would already be on his bus. Everyone called him a pussy, which means he was a "chicken". A lot of people, including myself and Gabbie would try to get him off the bus. We'd yell, hit the bus, anything. You can see I became pretty confident. I don't know what happened. It was like night and day. I stopped caring what people thought. But whatever we did, nothing got him off the bus. The only thing that happened, was a call down to the office and a threat to be suspended. Other than that, nothing.

But like I said, for some reason, Brian was pretty determined to fight Dillon. It didn't seem like he'd give up.