(Un)Lucky Coincidences

# 10

Sandra got home from work and made her way to the kitchen after dropping her shoes somewhere. While the kettle filled up with water, she got herself a mug and some tea.
Christmas was long over and the new year started to get old already. The semester was almost done and Sandra was captured in work. The time with Rory and her new friends got shorter as they've spent more than two months touring the US, Australia and Europe. It was exciting for Sandra to hear stories of the life on the road from the gents, but since they were the only ones she really knew, it was also a lonely time.
She looked at the calender on her wall, when she put the kettle on. 'Only two weeks to came and he's back!' She smiled slightly and went to the living room to get some of the papers marked for Mr. Morris.
After two more essays, she decided to get another tea. But when she reached the kitchen, she change her mind and went for the refrigerator. 'Why not have a beer instead?!'
Before she was able to open the pint, her phone rang.
She made her way to the living room again and picked it up, “Yeah?”
“Hey sweetheart, how are you?” Sandra frawned, “Vivien?”
“Yeah. Who else?” Vivien laughed.
“I don't know. I'm fine, just still working. And you?” Sandra went back into the kitchen and picked the bottle up again.
“I'm fine, just bored and so I thought, you want to join me to the pub.” She giggled.
“Are you standing on the rooftop on the other side of the road? Or did you just smelled, that I'm about to open a pint?” Sandra put down the bottle and looked out of the window smiling.
“I felt it.” She laughed out, “But really, I come and pick you up. Let's say, half an hour?”
Sandra turned around and thought of the essays waiting for her, “I don't know. I have to finish these essays untill friday.” Vivien sighed, “Sweety, I know these papers are boring. Give yourself a break and join me. You know you want it!” Sandra smiled, “Of cause, I want to. And you're right, most of these papers are horrible.” Sandra took a deep breath, “So, okay I'm in.” And smiled.
“Great. I knew I can convince you. So see you in half an hour.”
They said their farewell and hang up. Sandra stood in the kitchen smiling and picked up the pint once again, just to put it back in the refrigerator.
Vivien was Rou's girlfriend and after talking so much about her, he finally interduced the both of them. And immediately they connected. It was great to have her in London, especially when the band was away. The time they spent together quickly made them friends.
===
“I know what you mean, but give yourselfes some time and it will be fine.” Vivien put down her pint and smiled at Sandra. “But time is the one thing we don't have right now. And it gets really annoying.” Sandra sighed.
They were sitting in a local pub for two hours or so and somehow the conversation became about Rou and Rory and relationships and after another pint Sandra finally reveled, that she's not completly happy with the entire situation. The gents being away so much and not having many friends around bothered her a lot. She knew it was going to be hard, when she decided to enter a relationship with the gitarist of an international touring band, but she hadn't thought that it would affecting her mood so badly.
“If the job at university would be interesting, than I could concentrate on that, but it's just reading boring essays right now and holidays are coming, so there won't be much work in the next weeks anyway. I need some distraction or I'll go crazy.” She laid her head down on her arms and closed her eyes.
“Sweety, I know how you feel. Accept for the job thing, but you'll get used to it. And eventually time will just fly by and you'll enjoy the rare but fun moments even more! Believe me.” Vivien patted her back to support her words.
Sandra lifted her head so her chin was now resting on her hands, “I just can't wait for the summer to arrive and festival session to come. I'm really excited about the time with the gents again. And I know you're right, but that doesn't change my mood either. So let's just have another beer, may that helps.” She winked at Vivien with a cheeky smile, stood and headed to the bar counter.
===
“And you're sure, it's fine for you?” Rory was surprised by Sandras relaxed reaction.
She sighed, “Where's the sense in forcing you to come here and have a quiet night in, when you actually want to be somewhere else? I want you here 100% or not.”
Rory wanted to go out with Rob and asked her, if that was fine for her. He was expecting protest, but this reaction cought him by surprise, even he was glad for her understanding.
“You're right. So see you tomorrow for some late lunch instead? How about 2 o'clock?” He was always good in making it up to her, so she agreed and said her farewell, after wishing him a cheerful night out.
She put the phone on her desk and looked at the clock on her wall. 4.35pm. “Well, ...” she sighed again and stood to make her way to the refrigerator. “So I'll have a pint on my own to celebrate another night on my own. How fitting.”
After opening the bottle, she went back into the living room and dropped herself onto the sofa. The gents came back from their tour about four weeks ago and Sandra hoped to spend some more time with Rory and leave the state of frustration. But somehow it wasn't working, he's been busy and even they managed to see each other a few days or nights every week, it didn't feel right to her.
She tried to talk to Lydia about it, but she just told her to be patient and everything would turn out fine. And even Vivien was telling her slightly the same, but Sandra wasn't really keen about hearing that. This little doubt settled down in the back of her mind already and with every night on her own it was growing.
Sandra searched through her box of DVDs to find something entertaining and decided it was time for a bloody one and picked up Sweeney Todd. She inserted the disk and opened another pint and some crisps for her delight, but she couldn't even press the play button, because her phone rang.
“Hello?” She frawned not expecting any calls.
“Hey beautiful, its me Chris.” The cheerful voice on the other end answered, “I'm just calling to find out what you're up to tonight?”
“Hey there. Well, beer, crisps and Sweeney Todd is on the agenda, unless you're offering more fun...” She smiled into herself.
There was silence on the other end, but eventually Chris spoke up again, “That 'musical movie'? Why? I expected a bit more class from you! But well, you can be saved. Go out with me maybe?”
Sandra frowned and looked at the DVD cover, “But you're not Johnny Depp, where is the benefit for me in that?” She just tried to tease, but it really hurt him, “Oi! I'm much better! And it will involve some brewery products. How about that? And if that's not enough, than I watch this pityful movie with you and get on your nerves with stupid questions.” Chris moaned.
She was laughing about his damaged ego, “Well, if that is so, then I'm all in of cause.”
===
“Having a pint with a friend in a pub is much better than sitting home alone, don't you think?” Chris finished his first glass and nudged Sandra with his elbow.
“Of cause it is! But I didn't had that option before you called.” She looked down pityful.
He gave her a bright smile, “Cheer up! Would you? Why didn't you just called Rory?”
Her gaze got even more frustrated, “He's out with Rob. Why would I sit on my couch and have beer and crisps on my own, if Rory was available?!” She didn't mean to sound snotty, but she couldn't hide her mood.
“Alright! No need to be like that. May we share a pitcher and you tell me what's wrong?” He already stood, before she could even answer. So she just gave him a quick nod.
It only took minutes and he was back, “Here we go.” Placing the pitcher on the table he sat down and poured beer into her glass. “Now, what's up with you? You don't seem pretty happy right now.” He gave her a encouraging gaze from aside.
“Thank you. Well, I don't know. Just a phase I guess.” She shook her head and had a sip of her beer. Chris looked at her with an arched eyebrow, “A phase? Well, why I don't believe you than? You seem unhappy for quiet some time now, and I thought it was about being away from your friends and simply homesickness, but now I suggest it's something else, isn't it?” He changed his position, so he could face her.
Sandra tried to avoid any eye contact, but felt his gaze upon her, “I don't know, what you mean. May I'm just revised.” He patted her shoulder, “Sandra, you're not revised, you're unhappy with Rory, aren't you?” She stared at him, “No, I won't say that. It's just a bit hard right now. I didn't thought it would affect me that much, but it isn't easy to work with the rare time we have.” After saying that out loud, she finished off her glass. “Than maybe it wasn't helpful, that I called up so often and stole your time.” He scratched the back of his neck, “Don't get me wrong with the following, but you always had the chance to say no, you know. So maybe at some point you didn't want to have the time, you're now whining about.” He shrugged.
Sandra thought about his words, while refilling her glass. “Maybe. I don't know.” She shook her head, “Can we change the subject? I don't want to talk about that anymore.” And than she drank almost half of it straight away.
Chris' gaze softened and he nodded smiling, “Did you already decided, which festival you want to join us?”
She smiled back, “Well, I thought of maybe one or two of the British ones and maybe two mainland festivals. I would love to go and see Woodstock in Poland.”
♠ ♠ ♠
After the fast chapter last week, here comes a slower one ;) Enjoy! Comments anybody?