(Un)Lucky Coincidences

# 4

“Sounds good. Do you want me to read it through? Since it's MY mother tongue...” Rory twinkled into the camera.

“I'm not finished yet, but that would be really great. I'll send it to you once I'm finished, okay?” Sandra smiled brightly at the offer. She was given the chance to work at a university in the UK, when they'll like her research project, that she did with her previous professor.

“Yeah...” Rory looked up, when Rou entered the back of the bus. He gazed down, “You're coming? We're already late.” Than he looked at the notebook sceen, “Hi, Sandra. I have to kipnap him and make him actually work, if that's fine for you?” He smirked.

Sandra laughed, “Yeah. That's fine. I'll have to work anyway. So see you tomorrow?” She asked into Rory's direction.

“Of cause. Have a nice evening. Bye.” He waved and canceled the video call.

“You really like her, don't you?” Rou smiled down at his mate.

“Yeah. She's ... special. - Wow. That's sounds really cheesy!” He laughed and scratched the back of his head.

“I see. She makes you smile all the time.” Rou smirked.

===

“Hey there beautiful!” Sandra shouted immediately, when Rory picked up the video call. “I have exciting news!” She laughed.

“Woah. Hold your horses! Let's start with 'Hi'.” Rory smiled, when he finally saw her.

“No time! Lydia and I decided to change our route for the summer trip. And the new one will include a little adventure to the UK!” She twinkled smiling brightly.

“Really?! Wow. So I'll see you in about two weeks? Really?” Rory was confused, but excited about the news.

Sandra laughed, “Yeah. We'll start the trip next week and probably be in London the other week. Just for a few days, but it's something!”

Rory smiled brightly, “It's great! And more than I was expecting.”

“I'm happy to see, that you're as excited as I am, but I have to leave now. I'm already late. As always. See you later.” Rory waved and Sandra canceled the call. He still smiled and shook his head as he got up.

===

'Hey beautiful. We're leaving now and on our way to Amsterdam. There's a nice couple taking us ALL the way! Just let me know if you need something ;) xxx Sandra' – Sent.

“I can't stop smiling. Am I a wierdo?” Sandra gazed over to Lydia grinning.

Lydia smiled back, “No. It is soooooo cute.” She laughed.

They were sitting in an old VW-van with a nice couple, who picked them up and would bring them all the way to Amsterdam. Sandra watched the trees and cars passing by and thought of Rory. Her lips spead to a smile, but she was distracted by her phone.

'Good to hear. If it's going on that fast, I really can see you by next week?! I'm excited, tbh. Haha. Have a good ride and watch yourself. I may ring you tomorrow again. On my way to a friends party ;) xoxo Rory'

===

“Hey, Sandra. Wake up! We arrived.” Sandra snapped her eyes open, “What?! Oh... Yeah.” She was groggy and confused, but managed to pick up her stuff and get out of the car. “Thank you very much.” She waved good bye and sat down on the pavement.

Lydia was talking to the couple for a while. Sandra took out her phone to check on the time. 7:34 a.m. “Oh...” She sighed and pocketed her phone.

She jolted awake, when her phone rang. Without looking at the caller, she picked it up, “Yeah?”

“You sound really groggy! You need to find some place to sleep.” The voice an the other side said cheerfully.

“Rory? Is that you?” Sandra was really groggy and desorienteted.

“Yes. Of cause. Where are you?” He laughed.

“I'm siting on the pavement in Amsterdam.” She looked around, “At Amsteldijk or something.”

There was motion on the other end, “Why do you sit on the pavement? Are you alright?” His voice sounded a bit worry.

“Yes. We just arrived and Lydia is still chatting with Jill and Fred.” She looked over to her friend.

“Oh. Okay. Just wanted to know. So, see ya.” He hung up the call, without waiting for Sandra's farewell. “Weird.” Sandra shook her head as she pocketed her phone.

Lydia waved to the couple and came over to Sandra, “So, breakfast then?”

“Good plan! I'm in desperate need of coffee!” Sandra yawed.

“Oh. Well, it's starting again?!” Lydia laughed, “You and that caffeine have an unhealthy relationship, you know?”

“Yeah. You're probably right, but I'm addicted, so what can I do?” Sandra smiled and placed her backpack on the shoulders, “Let's go.”

===

“Hmmm. That was sooo good.” Sandra leant back in her chair and held her hands to her belly, “A great start for the trip!”

Lydia looked up from her phone and nodded, “But it'll get even better, I can feel it!” She winked.

Sandra frawned, “What are you doing with you phone the whole time? You never was that interested in it. Do you wanna tell me something?” She smirked.

“Uhm. No. It was just Francis asking how we're doing.” She pocketed her phone.

“You're a terrible liar, but it's okay, if you don't want to tell.” Lydia smiled back at Sandra. 'There is something cooking, I can smell it. But I just don't know what exactly it is.'

Lydia stood and put her jacket back on, “Let's go and get us a bed for the night. So we can get rid of all that stuff and explore the city!”

“Do you have the name of the hostel, we found out about?” Sandra stood and started dressing, too.

“Yeah. And I know how to get there. So just follow me.” Lydia twinkled.

===

The both woman entered the room and immediately dropped their backpacks to the floor. “Yeah. We made it! At least, there was no 5th floor.” Sandra said catching her breath.

They put their belongings into the locker and headed into the city centre to explore the new enviroment.

Lydia took the lead and guided the both of them to a club, “Let's check this place out. I saw a poster earlier and may we go dancing tonight?”

“Oh, yeah! Dancing, dancing, dancing!” Sandra moved her hands in circles in front of her body while rounding her hips.

“Sexy!” Someone shouted from behind.

Sandra turned to see where it was coming from, but found noone in that direction, “Did you saw where this was coming ... Lydia?” Lydia was gone, when she turn back. “Not again.” She sighed.

“Are you looking for someone?” The same voice asked, standing behind her. She recognized it, but called herself wrong, “Ro...” She turned around.

“Maybe I'm that someone?” She faced Rory eye to eye and was completly overwhelmed, “But you ... Uhm ... me ... here?”

Rory laughed, “Don't I even get a hug?” He spread his arms and Sandra jumped right into. “Of cause you do!” She wrapped her arms around him and dugged her face deep into his chest sniffing a little, “I wasn't expecting you. I thought you were in London? ... How? ... Why?” She wasn't really able to sort her thoughts, they just fell out of her mouth.

Rory kissed her head and laughed, “I wanted to surprise you. And so I got in contact with Lydia to plan everything.” He inhaled a deep breath and squeezed her tighter, “And I couldn't wait any longer.”

===

Sandra took a sip of her coffee and listened to Rory.

“So I have to take the ferry back to the UK tomorrow, but I'll take you with me and we will enjoy the festival together. How does that sound?” He smirked.

Lydia nodded knowingly, but Sandra was completely surprised, “Sounds great!”

Rory smiled, “Good.” He turned to Lydia, “What about the hostel? Is there another bed available?” Lydia nodded, “I paid for three beds. So, yeah, you have somewhere to sleep.”

===

A pillow hit Sandra's face. “Can you please shut up? It's almost 3 o'clock in the morning. Go to sleep!” Lydia yelled.

Sandra dugged herself out of the pillow, “Oh. I completely forgot about the time. Sorry.” She throw the pillow back and made her way down from her bed. She tried to be as silent as possible, but not seeing where to put her feet was quiet difficult.

She slipped off the last two steps of the ledder and landed on the floor in front of Rory's bed.

“Are you okay?” He moved his hand around in the dark to find her. When he touched her arm, he pulled her into the bed.

“Yeah. But I'm not tired and I thought we can continue out talk here in a quieter way.” She wispered.

Rory rolled to his side and faced her resting one hand on Sandra's cheek, “That's exactly what I want.” He wispered, too.

The two of them were just inches away from each other and throughout the soft light from the streets, she could see his eyes fixed to hers. She held her fingers grapped to his shirt and shivers ran down her spine, when Rory let his hand run down her shoulder, arm and reached her waist.

His eyes grew fond and he pulled her closer and they met in a gentle kiss.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry, that it took so long, but here it is! Hope you enjoy it.