Cold Hands

TWENTY

But Pete was drunk.

He's gone in the morning.

Patrick cradles the bottle gently in his hands, walks it through to the kitchen, and places it on the counter side. He feels its glare on his back when he turns round. Self conscious, he rubs at his knuckles, feeling small scabs there from the rip of teeth, the sting of abused skin thrumming up his arm to his heart where it pools, poisonous and poised.

Strike.

There's a note, on the fridge. One. Two. Patrick takes the bottom if it between his fingers, pulling it down and away as he stares down at the scribbled words.

"Ryan's out of hospital. I'm sorry."

And then an arrow, pointing to the handle of fridge.

"FILL ME UP."

Ryan, Ryan, Ryan.

The note floats slowly to the ground, swaying and back and forth in an invisible current, almost hypnotic in its lackadaisical movement, the yellow of its paper abruptly stark against the cold, linoleum floor as it comes to land in its final resting place, a thumb mark imprinted heavily on its side smudging the word sorry into an almost unreadable blur.
♠ ♠ ♠
okay so this is necessary. it didn't fit in the current and won't fit in the next so sorry.

heads up, this was a double update so click back for more poetic nonsense.