‹ Prequel: Names of Secrets

The Legacy's Girls

Strange Feeling About This One

Salem's POV

She smiled and stood up, walking over to her desk and taking out four files, CONFIDENTIAL was stamped on in bold red letters.

"I don't want you to open these here, or anywhere near your parents. Keep them a secret. No one must know you have them or you could be in great danger." Her Mexican accent mixed with the oldness in her voice.

I looked at Melody, then at our grandmother.

"Do I even WANT to look inside here?"

She smiled and looked me in the eye as she sat down, "If you want to know about your parents, and who you are, then you will."

I looked at Mel and she looked back at me. I didn't know what to say and from the look in Melody's eyes, she didn't either. Finally, she stood up and walked toward our grandmother.

"Well, this has been a pleasure, but we have to get going. Long drive home." She said, laughing awkwardly.

I stood up and followed her toward the door, only to be stopped. On her shelf was a stone, broken in half. One said was the symbol on the building, the other I haven't seen before.

"Something interest you Salem?" She asked from behind me.

I turned quickly and started walking toward the door again, "No, not at all."

Before I shut the door, the yelled to me, "Tell Melody to get the letter. HER letter."

I nodded and shut the door, running to the car and getting in.

"What did she yell at you?" Melody asked as we pulled out of her driveway.

"To tell you to get your letter from your mom."