‹ Prequel: Names of Secrets

The Legacy's Girls

Houdini Ninjas

Emmett's POV

I thought Bentley was going to be sick. He was looking green when we saw the girls. And I felt kind of queasy myself. These girls were innocent as far as I knew. Their parents, on the other hand, had done plenty of shit to this corporation, but that shouldn't have been taken out on the girls.

"Sir, quick question. Why are we taking this out on them and not their parents?" Bentley asked, attempting to pull himself together.

The Boss chuckled overhead. "Well obviously they aren't as trained as their parents. They were easier to catch and trick, especially since they had no idea who their 'grandmother' was. And this way we can torture the girls, capture their parents, and kill off the bloodline completely." He paused for a moment. "Why? Getting soft on me?"

"No sir," I quickly replied. "Bentley just likes to be a know it all and stick his nose into things that aren't his business." The last part came out through my teeth, hinting to my partner to shut his damn mouth unless he wanted us in the same position as the girls.

"Very well. I want these two chained in your room. I'm sure you could have a little fun with them before the real torture begins."

Okay, then I definitely felt my lunch coming back up. I looked at the two innocent girls, my eyes lingering on Melody. She made me feel...different. But she hated me. I pushed down the weird feelings; this was no time for distractions. We had to get these girls out.

"Right away sir," I chuckled darkly, and Bentley gave a small smirk to the camera, though his green color deepened on his face.

We each picked up a girl. Bentley looked down at Salem for a moment longingly. I knew he liked her because he couldn't talk about anything else. He knew about my interest in Melody, but whenever he mentioned it, I threatened to punch him so hard, his grandchildren would feel it.

We went back into the elevator, not saying anything because of the cameras around us. We went down the hallway towards our rooms with the girls. People who walked past had looks that ranged from jealousy and longing to an evil excitement.

When we entered the room, we laid them onto our beds. "Now what?" Bentley asked. I shrugged.

"We obviously have to get them out of here, but how?" We thought for a few moments.

"I've got it!" Bentley said. "But we are going to get in so much trouble."