‹ Prequel: Names of Secrets

The Legacy's Girls

Let's Party

Melody's POV
The rest of the day went by quickly and uneventfully. The D-bag was in a few of my other classes, but our seats weren't assigned, so I got to sit farther away.

Finally, it was time to leave. I had a bit of homework, but it wouldn't take long for me to finish it. Anyway, there was a party that night, so I had to finish soon so I could get ready.

As soon as I got home, I greeted my parents and headed upstairs to finish my work. It only took me an hour, so I had two more to spare before I had to leave.

I got dressed, redid my makeup and hair, and made sure all of my stuff was in my purse before heading out. I couldn't find my parents-- they were probably making out somewhere (ew). My parents were totally in love; my aunt and uncle were as well. When we ask about it, they just say that they've been through a lot together. Uh huh.

Pulling up to my friend's house, it was hard to find a parking spot since I was a little late, so I just parked across the street. I walked into the yard where the party had already spilled out to.

Plenty of people waved to me and called me over, but I just politely waved back. I needed a drink first. After I found a bottle and took a few sips, the host finally came over.

"Mel, ohmigosh, I am soooo glad you could make it!" She hugged me tightly and I could already tell she was drunk. Tomorrow would be a fun school day for the people already drunk here. But I wasn't that stupid. I didn't get drunk.

The music was already loud and pumping, so I found my friend Caleb and pulled him towards me to dance. Caleb was nice at times, but he could be a flirt and it was annoying. But he was a good dance partner, and since I was wearing jeans, his hands couldn't travel anywhere I didn't want them to.

After a few songs and beer, he began to get restless at my chastity. As I tried to walk away, he grabbed my arm. No one noticed my protesting. "Hey! Don't walk away from me."

"Caleb. Get off of me. Now," I warned. But he just tugged on my arm again. So I did what any girl would do. I took his hand and bent it back, almost breaking it. I pushed it back, making him stumble backwards and fall onto the ground. Stepping onto his neck, I leaned down close. "When I say get your hands off of me, you do it. Alright?" He nodded, wide eyed and scared. He wouldn't remember this tomorrow.

My parents made me take martial arts at a young age. It kept me fit and helped now that I was cheering. But I still take it. It's good for girls to know self defense just to put guys into their place.

I decided to stay for a little longer, but only danced with my girlfriends. I didn't feel like kicking anyone else's ass tonight.
♠ ♠ ♠
http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=64807169