Status: for Allison :)

Ocean Deep

"Niall, did you hear that?"

He didn’t want to listen to them.

He didn’t believe them.

He didn’t trust them.

Fuck them all.

He sat down as far away from them all, organizing his thoughts carefully.

Maybe she’s home but didn’t have the time to call yet.

Maybe she’s at a friend’s house.

Maybe Allison was gone.


“Zayn,” his mate whispered, making him jump slightly. The sound of his voice made him shiver, taking a nasty turn down his back. Niall stared at Zayn, furrowing his confused brows together. He sighed, thinking about what the captain just announced to them. “Are you alright, mate?”

“Yeah,” Zayn said, bobbing his head. His voice cracked, dropping his head into his sweaty palms. “Fine,” he uttered into his hands.

Niall kneeled next to Zayn, feeling the atmosphere change as he placed a chilly hand on his stiff shoulders. Niall knew he loved Allison, of course Zayn did. He traced his eyes on the back of Zayn’s neck, watching his color change.

“I still believe she’s out there,” Niall whispered, rubbing small circles on his shoulder blade. He swallowed, “We’ll find her.”

“How can we?” Zayn snapped. His head shot up, breathing harshly. His breath was visible in the air, as he took in that cold one. “They are all saying she’s gone and it’s useless because she may never be out there! It’s starting to make me believe it myself. I wasted half a thousand dollars on this stupid ass boat that I thought would help us-“

“Zayn,” Niall whispered. “Please, refrain yourself. Just close your eyes and breathe.”

He did what he was told, but it barely helped. He caught the air punching his face, making his nose drier than it already was. His shirt was flapping in the wind, showing off unwanted parts of his stomach. And his hair was completely wiped out because of the wind itself.

“We need to find shelter soon, looks like a storm is about to hit,” the captain announced loudly, looking at Zayn directly.

Niall, the captain and the rest of the crew all waited for Zayn’s response. His one mattered the most.

“It looks like it’s going to be big. And we won’t make it in time to go back to shore.”

Zayn wanted to argue to keep on looking but decided he was too tired to piss off the captain again.

Image


The small island off the coast was were the captain decided to dock his effing, expensive boat.

Zayn rushed out, muting everyone who tried to pick up a conversation with him. He clapped his ears shut, walking towards the juggle as the captain and his crew started to make a fire.

“Do you think she could’ve came here?” Niall asked, catching up next to Zayn.

“I don’t think so. It’s far off from the incident. I don’t know island either, do you know what it’s called?”

Niall shrugged but spoke anyway. “Mango Island.”

“See, Allison can’t be here,” Zayn said. “Never even heard of this place before.”

Niall remained quiet. He didn’t want Zayn to blow his temper again because of something stupid.

Zayn and Niall started to pass an ancient tree, almost the size of the ship itself. Maybe even bigger. It curved to the right, looking like it was about to collapse on them. It’s vines were intertwining in all directions, holding crumpled looking leaves on each one. Small buds were growing as well, taking a pale peach color.

After a few moments of dodging branches and slapping away mosquitoes, Niall sighed, stopping on his tracks.

“Zayn, didn’t we see that tree truck a few minutes ago?” he asked, feeling his throat dry up. His eyes widen, “Were we going in circles?”

Zayn stopped walking, taking a good look around him. He struck his head left to right, cursing to himself loudly.

He sighed, “We’re lost.”

Niall scratched the back of his head. “Great.”

“Are you saying this is my fault?” Zayn snapped.

“No, I was just saying-“

“Fuck everything.”

Niall sighed, shaking his head. He let Zayn wonder on his own. It wouldn’t be that long until the captain would noticed that they were gone.

The sunlight was now setting, the winds were picking up and Niall was hungry. He walked up to small cave and set his butt down. He dropped his head between his knees and closed his eyes.

There was a faint owl echo, making him jump. He found Zayn sitting a foot away from him, looking in the distant.

Crack.

Zayn snapped his head in to the direction of the nose. He ignored it. He was starting to loose it.

“Niall,” he said slowly. Niall stayed quiet, trying to concentrate on going back to shore. It shouldn’t be that far.

“Niall, I’m sorry,” Zayn said. “I’m sorry for snapping at you. I’m just worked up about this.”

Niall sighed, reclining himself. He gave Zayn a small smile, but then faded. “I understand what you’re going through.”

Crack.

“Niall, did you hear that?”

“Hear what?”

“Listen.”

The wind was coming faster, then sun was on it’s peak and the branches started to creep Niall out.

“Are you trying to scare me? Because if you are-“

“I’m not. Now, sh, listen.”

Crack.

“What is that?” Niall whispered, getting to his feet. Zayn did the same, walking towards the center of the cave.

“What are you doing?” Niall cried.

“It’s warmer in here, and besides, I want to know what’s in here.”

There was no sense in arguing with Zayn. Niall pulled himself with Zayn, stuffing his fingers into the back of his jean pockets. Despite the shoes on his feet, Niall was chilly down there. The jacket he had on was useless because it was freezing. He didn’t know how Zayn could handle it.

Zayn started to walk faster, as Niall noticed something he didn’t notice in the first play. One, it was hard to walk through ancient rock. Second, he saw a small glimpse of light. Whatever what was there, Zayn was curious to see what it was.

“Zayn?” Niall called. “Zayn, where are you?”

“I’m here,” he heard Zayn reply. It wasn’t that far from where he was.

After Niall finally made it towards the bright light, he noticed that same brown headed girl with that same blue shirt she had on the day her boat sunk. She was heating herself up with a fire, hovering her hands at it. She looked up, holding a small smile, reflecting Zayn’s.

“Allison,” Niall whispered.

“I found her,” Zayn whispered. “I finally found her.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you all liked it. c:
Thanks to all the recommendations as well.

Allison, hope it suits your fancy. (: