Status: Updating a few times a week :') I'm busy with exams so please don't shoot me if I'm late updating!

Don't Ever Let Go of That Smile

And We Could Run Away

Austin paced around the kitchen nervously, his phone in his hand. The second it vibrated he had the text open and was reading it. "Shut up, dickface. You should be wishing me luck..."
He laughed. Only Kellin would actually call someone 'dickface'. He was worried for Kellin, he had never had many...people-skills, and he wasn't really friends with anyone in his year. Without Austin there to hang around with, who would Kellin be with?
Austin tried to forget about it. He didn't really like the thought of Kellin possibly making a new best friend... But he should be able to get along just fine. He was in Senior Year, for crying out loud.
Austin had no idea what to do for the day. Usually he would either have school with Kellin, but now that he's finished, that won't be happening any more. On the holidays, he would do something with Kellin... Ugh.
He flopped down on his bed and put his earphones in. He started playing Drowning Lessons by My Chemical Romance - his and Kellin's favorite band. He remembered yesterday when they were pretending to be performing this song on stage, the posters on his wall were the audience. He laughed at how stupid they must have looked. It was their dream to one day perform on stage themselves.
Being only half past 9 in the morning, he realized he better do something or he might just die of boredom. He was still in his pajamas, he hadn't bothered to get dressed, and seeing as it was still only 9am he decided to go back to bed for another while.
Three and a half hours later, he woke up to the VERY annoying sound of his alarm. He had recently bought a new phone and hadn't quite figured out how to change the alarm tone yet, so it stayed at being a very loud vintage phone. He hated it. But he turned it off and dramatically rolled off the bed and onto the floor, landing with a thud. He groaned. The decided to take a quick shower. Afterwards, he headed downstairs for breakfast. He opened the press and realized he had literally NO food.
"Oh for fuck's sake!", he said under his breath. Now he was going to have to go all the way to the shop. Well, it was only about a 5 minute walk from where he lived, but still. Austin was the laziest person anyone had ever met.
He walked out the door and onto the street outside. It was quiet, especially for 1pm. But then again, all the "gangs" that usually hung around would be in school now.
"Ha", he thought. "Unlucky cunts."
He walked down the street, earphones in and music up loud, and stopped right in front of the shop. He realized he was too hungry (and too lazy) to buy food and go all the way back home and make it. So, instead, he decided to walk the extra 5 minutes past the shop and go to the café. He really had no idea what to do with himself now that Kellin was gone.
He walked into the café and ordered a Latte and a croissant. He didn't even knew they sold croissants in here. Just as he sat down with his order, Kellin walked in the door.
"Kellin!!", he called, a huge smile on his face. Kellin turned around and spotted Austin at the table in the corner.
"Austin! Why are you here? You never come to this café..", he said, a bit confused.
"Yeah well, I had absolutely no food at home. And I couldn't be bothered buying some more", he said, laughing. "So I decided to come down here. Anyways, it's not like I have anything better to do, you being in school and all", he sighed.
"Aw, I knew you'd miss me", Kellin joked, pulling his chair in to the table and eating some of Austin's croissant. "My first day back at school and I forget to take a lunch with me", he explained. Good thing there was a café so close to his school. He had a feeling he'd be here quite often, seeing as everyone else clogged the fast food place down the street.
"Well, that was smart. You made any new friends? Any new kids?", Austin asked.
"Actually yeah. There's a guy called Jack. He seems pretty cool. He's new", he said, smiling slightly.
"Oh really?" Austin said, teasing and winking.
"Cut it out Austin, I'm not interested in him like that", Kellin laughed. "I'm not gay!", he said, probably for the millionth time in the last few days. Austin didn't really believe him though. He could always tell, he knew Kellin from practically birth for Pete's sake. But he let it go.
"Hmm.. Anyways, how are your classes? Did you get a good schedule this year?", Austin asked, trying to change the subject.
"Yeah, I guess so", he said, taking it out of his pocket. "Wednesdays are pretty shit. Math, double biology, history and Spanish", he went on. "But Fridays are pretty good."
"Awesome", Austin said, sipping the last of his coffee and leaning back in the chair.
"Totally. Anyways, I should probably get going, don't wanna be late to class on my first day back. Trying to keep a clean record this year", he said, joking. His record was NEVER clean.
"Ha! Good luck with that", Austin laughed. "See you later, asshole."
"Thanks", he said sarcastically. "I'll be over later?"
Austin was delighted. He really, really wanted to see him later. "Sounds great! See you", he said smiling, as Kellin got up and left. Austin smiled. His day was going to turn out to actually be pretty good.
♠ ♠ ♠
Just sorta setting the scene, more will happen in the next chapter c: