My Miserable Romance

Lovely silence.

I sighed and sat down on our couch. I looked like a wreck, but I didn't care. My head was throbbing, my mouth was dry, my hair was messed up and my clothes reeked of sweat and alcohol.

"Gerard, they'll be here in ten minutes, go and take a shower!" Mikey called and went into the kitchen. I groaned but obeyed him.

Me and my younger brother, Mikey, lived together in a small appartment, and today our best friends and bandmates were going to come over and hang out. In a few months we were gonna release our first album so we had to go through some small details about it.

Fifteen minutes later I walked down the stairs, feeling a little bit better than I did before. The guys were already seated in our small living room where Mikey served drinks. He was the mother in the band. The others found it convenient, I found it pathetic.
"Dude... Hangover?" Ray asked when he saw my exhausted face.

"Yeah," I sighed and lay down on the couch.

"You really should quit-" Frank started, but as always, I snapped before he could finish his sentence.

"I don't wanna hear it," I rolled over so that I was facing the back support instead of the guys, they ignored me, just like they always did when I started acting like a five-year old.

"By the way, I talked to Brian yesterday and we're going on tour just a week after the album-release" Mikey exclaimed and they all started cheering. My ears... My head... Ow.

"Is it okay if I'll take Lisa with me?" Frank asked and they all nodded. Lisa had been his girlfriend since high school. They'd been together for almost two years now and even if she was the nicest girl in the world, I didn't like her. She was too... I dont know. I didn't like her. As if on que, my stomach turned and I threw myself out of the sofa and in to the bathroom. I felt someone behind me. The person walked up next to me and pulled away my hair from my face and started stroking my back while I threw up my small breakfast.

"Thanks Mikey," I said shakily.

"Not Mikey, Frank," Frank said and smiled at me. I rinsed my mouth with water and gave him a friendly pat on the back. "Feel better now?"

"Not really..." I groaned. "I'm sorry for snapping at you earlier."

"It's okay. I know you're going through a hard time right now."

That was not true. I had nothing to complain about... Sure, I was a pathetic alcoholic, but that was my own fault, and unlike other people, I didn't start drinking because I needed it. I had no pain to get away from, no dark past that I needed to forget, I just... did it. A small part of me told me I was doing it because it made me special. It made people feel sorry for me.

That was a load of bullshit, though.

I gave him a weak smile and went back into the living room. I sat down next to Ray again, and Frank sat down next to Mikey, right across me. They continued talking about the album and I drifted off into a sleepy trance. My eyes fell on Frank. He was talking, I could see his lips moving. Those pink, soft lips... A small drop of saliva glistered in the corner of his mouth and I could barely stop myself from going over to him and brush it away. He noticed my stare and I blushed furiously. That was weird.

I shrugged it off and decided to join them in their discussion about the album, but apparently, they had changed the subject.
"... And I was like, do you have a problem with gay guys? And she said yes, so I dumped her," Bob said, finishing his story.

"Aw, how can you not like people like Gee..." Mikey giggled and sat down on my stomach. I was still a bit nauseous so I shoved him off angrily. They all knew that I was gay, and they were fine with it, and took every chance they had to tell people to fuck off if they were homophobics.

"Sorry," I muttered to Mikey. My shove had pushed him down to the floor, where he sat and glared at me.

"You're not a very nice person when you're hangover," he said and held out his hand for me to help him up. I rolled my eyes and grabbed his hand, pulling him up next to me.

"I know," I muttered.

"Hey Gee, you know that song you showed me last week, I think we should put in on the record," Ray said and turned to me. I jumped up a bit by surprise. I had been staring at Frank for several minutes, watching every wrinkle that appeared when he was talking. I should really stop doing that, he'll freak out sooner or later.

"Yeah, maybe," I answered. "I'm gonna go to bed, guys... see you all later."
"Gee, it's six thirty."
"It is? Oh.. Then I'm gonna go and take a nap." I waved them good bye and walked into my room.
Ah, what a lovely silence. I looked around in my messy room. I should really clean it up... But not now. I lay down on my unmade bed and fell asleep.