My Miserable Romance

Calm down, I'm following the map.

"Bob! You slow fucker!" Mikey yelled at Bob who was lugging on his bag. The early sun was just about to rise, and it was still foggy and cold. I rubbed my eyes with my hand and tried to make myself wake up a little. Bob threw in his two bags into the trunk and slammed the door shut. Ray poked me, telling me to go into the car. I took one last look at New Jersey, before I jumped in, joining Mikey and soon also Ray in the backseat. Frank was driving, cause he was always alert in the mornings... God knows how. Bob collapsed in the passenger seat and fell asleep almost immediatly. Frank started the car and we were off.

*

"Mikey, take away your foot from my back..." I moaned as I tried to sleep in Rays lap, who was sleeping with his head on his arm. Mikey muttered something and kicked me to make me shut up. I sighed and pushed away his leg.
"Gerard..." he groaned and put it back. I looked up and saw Bob smirking at me.
"You wanna switch with me?"
"Yes please..." I yawned. We had been driving for about four hours and I still hadnt got any sleep.
"Frank, pull over" Bob said, and Frank obeyed. I climbed out over Mikey, making sure I did it as clumsy as possible. He groaned as I almost sat on his head and I laughed. Bob helped me stand up as I finally got out, and I thanked him.

"No problem, I have slept even since we left New Jersey, and I dont think I can sleep anymore"
He jumped into the backseat and I placed myself in the passenger seat. Ah... Finally somewhere to put my legs, I thought, and stretched out my legs infront of me.
"Frank, how long do we have left?" I asked him.
"I dunno..." He said driftly.
"Where are we going again? I forgot..."
"I dunno..."
"What do you mean, you dont know? Why are you driving if you dont know where we are going?" I asked him and started to panic. Had we been driving for four hours with a driver who doesnt even know where we're going?!
"Calm down, Im following the map, but I have no idea of where we're going..." He said and laughed lightly at me.
"How can you follow the map if you dont know where we're going?" I asked, still not ready to calm down.
"Ray marked with a pen where we're driving" he explained.
I rolled my eyes and took the map, but my eyes were too tired to read the small letters that the line from the pen led to. I sighed and gave it back to him. He smirked at me.
"See why I dont know where we're going now? It's freaking impossible to read those small letters this early..."
"Yeah, yeah, yeah" I muttered and leaned my head against the window and fell asleep.

*

"We're here" Frank said and shook me lightly. I opened my eyes, and in the rear-view mirror I saw Ray, Bob and Mikey just woke up as well.
"You didnt have to drive all the way, Frank... I could've switched with you" I mumbled sleepily, but he just smiled and shook his head. I stepped out of the car, and the cold air hit my stiff body. The sky was clear and blue, and even though it was in the middle of spring, it felt like winter.
"Oh, good! You're here!" A voice said and we all turned around. Brian was standing there, smiling at us. "How was it to drive for five hours?"
"Fine... We all slept through it, except for Frank, who drove" Mikey said.
"Well, you better not be tired now, Frank, cause you guys are going on stage in less than two hours"
"What?! We're having a show today?" Ray exclaimed and I felt my stomach turn. Im not ready for that yet! I thought we were just gonna drive here and then get settled before we actually started the tour.

"Sorry guys, but this was the only time they had for you, so I took it"
We all nodded and Brian made a gesture towards a door for us to walk into a building.
"You'll get your make up fixed in there. And if you have any questions, ask for Stephen. He's the boss... There's a small room in the back for you to practise as well" he said and disappeared behind another door. We all sighed and walked inside.

"Claire! Band at the door!" Someone shouted and a girl hurried up infront of us.
"Hi, Im Claire, I'll be your make up artist... Follow me and we'll get you boys beautiful" A black-haired girl with perfectly laid make up said.
We followed her into a room where there were at least ten mirrors, and even more chairs. I sat down in one of them and looked at myself in the mirror. I saw Bob smirking at me, cause I knew I looked like shit at the moment. I was nervous, tired and at the same time excited, and my face had a tough job showing all of these emotions, so it just ended up in a crooked grin.

Frank sait down in the chair next to me, and Mikey on the other side. Ray and Bob were at the other side of the room.
The black-haired girl yelled at four other girls and they entered the room and split out, taking one of us each and started doing our make up. I got a blonde bitch, who just didnt stop complaining about that my hair was dirty. I just smirked at her and said that was how I liked it and she rolled her eyes. I told her how I wanted my make up, cause otherwise she would have gave me some lame-ass mascara eyes and foundation, and I was right. When I was done telling her, she gave me a weird look.
"Are you sure? You'll look like a maniac..." she said.
"Just do it" I snarled at her. I didnt like this girl... All the other guys were getting along fine with their girls, but oh no, I just had to get the bitch. I looked over at Frank and Mikey, who was chatting happily with the make up artists. Frank had gotten the black-haired girl that we first met and Mikey had a blonde, pretty one who seemed really nice.

After ten minutes, I was really bored. Frank and the black-haired was giggling and laughing all the time, and she had quite a struggle to do his make up, cause she was laughing so hard.
"You're done" `my girlĀ“ said and I looked in the mirror. I gasped as I saw the result. It was amazing! Just like I wanted it. She smiled when she saw my face.
"Wow.. Thank you!" I said and looked at her.
"Is it how you wanted it?"
"Yep"
"I must admit that when you told me, I thought it was gonna look horrible, but it turned out pretty good... Well, that proves what a great make up artist I am" she said and walked away. I smirked at her, but she didnt notice. She left the room and I got out of my chair.

"Im gonna go and find something to drink..." I muttered, but they were all busy with talking to the girls.