My Miserable Romance

You're in love.

I walked into a room wich was completely empty, except for two men, who was talking to each other.

"Uh... Excuse me?" I asked them, but they ignored me. I sighed and decided to find some drinks on my own. I left the room and walked through a corridor. This place is huge! I thought, as I tried to find a bar, restaurang, vending machine or whatever.

"Are you lost?" A thin-haired man with red glasses asked me.

"Er... Yeah, I'm trying to find a place where they serve drinks."

"Oh, there's a small bar where the bands use to drink before their shows," he said and pointed at a door. "Right in there."

"Thank you," I smiled at him and walked into the door. I wouldnt call this a bar though... It was more like a boring room who just happend to have one table and a shelf with different sorts of bottles, but I didnt care. I needed alcohol in my body, right now, or else I'd collapse. I was so nervous that my hands were shaking and I took a glass and poured up some clear liquid in it.

~One hour later~

"Gerard?"

I turned around groggily. I had been drinking a bit more than I had originally planned. I grinned at the person, who I recognized as Mikey.

"Hello, Mikey" I sluddered.

"Oh my god... Are you drunk?" he asked me.

"I think I am" I said and started laughing. I felt so great!

"Hey, guys! In here," Mikey shouted out in the corridor and Frank, Bob and Ray walked into the room.

"What the hell, Gerard?! We're gonna be on stage in 15 minutes" Bob said when he saw me. Apperantly, I must've looked pretty bad...

"I know, and I'm fine" I said and stood up from my chair... A little too fast for my head. I almost fell over, but got control over my body and smiled at them. Frank gave me an angry look. Oh crap, he's mad.

That thought made me sober up just a little, and I stumbled up to him, but he walked out of the room. I sighed and looked at the others.
"Come on, Gerard... You have to warm up your voice" Mikey mumbled and led me to the room where we were suppose to practise. Frank was already in there, with his guitar in his lap.
Ray and Bob followed us, and Mikey closed the door. They all grabbed their instruments and started practising. I did my voice-exercisements, and after 10 minutes, Brian walks in.

"It's time" he said simply and held up the door for us. Im so glad that Im drunk right now... Otherwise I would've passed out a long time ago.

He led us through a long corridor that I hadnt noticed before.
"This door will take you to a room, wich is the room that will lead you to the stage... Good luck guys!" he said and smiled at us.
We mumbled our `thanksĀ“ and got walked through the door. I took a deep breath, and the guys adjusted their instruments.
"Here we go" I muttered and stepped out to the stage.

Oh... My... God! A lot of people! A spotlight was almost blinding me, but I grabbed my michrophone and walked up to the front of the stage. The kids went crazy as we entered the stage, and they started to scream our names.

"W-We're M-My Chemical Roman-nce!" I stuttered in the mick, and they started screaming even louder. "And this song's called Our lady of sorrows!"

I started to relax a bit when the guys played the intro, but then my brain fucked up. I couldnt remember the lyrics. I started to panic when the instrumental intro ended and I was about to sing, but the words were gone.

"We could be perfect..." the crowd started to sing, and my brain finally caught up and I started to sing as well. They knew the lyrics... The words that I had wrote! Oh shit, they're listening to our music.
This was the first time I actually thought about our fans. We had fans! Who bought our album... Who went to our concerts, who looked up to us. A huge smile appeared on my face as the song ended. This felt just like being drunk... Or maybe that was cause Im already drunk. Oh, too bad I wont remember anything of this tomorrow.

~One week later~

We'd had five more shows this week, and I had been drunk on all of them. I couldnt help it, but every time that we were about to get ready, do our make up, tune our instruments or whatever, I felt so nervous. Like I was gonna collapse any minute.
I knew that the guys didnt want me to drink, and I didnt want to drink either, but it was something that I had to do to work as a person.

I was walking out to our car. Today we were finally gonna get our tourbus, and thank god for that. Sleeping in a car with four other guys is okay for one night, but after one week you get kinda sick of it.
"Gerard? Have you been drinking?" Mikey asked me.
"No"
"Good, then you'll drive" he said and jumped in to the backseat next to Ray and Frank. Bob sat down in the passenger seat next to me. My eyes fell on Frank, who looked extremly cute were he sat, looking out the window with a lock of hair resting on his chin...

"Gerard?" Bob asked me and I jumped up.
"Yeah?"
"Why are you acting so weird?" He asked. I blushed and shrugged. "Oh... Why are you blushing?"
"Im not" I said and felt my face get even hotter.
"Yes you are... I recognize that face! You're in love!" Bob exclaimed. "With who?"
"Could you guys please take this conversation on the bus? I really dont wanna spend one more second in this car" Mikey whined, and I sent him a greatfull thought. I started the car and drove off to the place were out bus was waiting. It was just a few blocks away from where we were, but we were too tired to walk, so we decided to drive. Plus, we had our bags, and we didnt want to carry them.

I pulled up in a huge, but empty parking lot. The only thing that was here was a bus; our tourbus, Brian and a white-haired, old man. I stopped the car and got out.

"Hey guys! So... what do you think about the bus?" Brian asked and made a gesture towards the big, red bus. Brian's kinda scary, if you think about it... He's always one step ahead of us, waiting for us at different places.
"It's... big" Mikey exclaimed and we all laughed. But he was right, it was almost as big as two busses.
"Let's take a look inside, shall we?" Brian asked, but then stopped. "Oh, right. This is your driver, Eddie" he introduced the old, white-haired man next to him. We all shooked hands with him, and then walked up into the bus. I gasped as I realized that it was almost as big as me and Mikey's appartment. To the left there were one big, red couch, two black armchairs, a small table and a TV. To the left of me, there was a very small kitchen with a mini-fridge, michrowave, stove and bench with five chairs.

"Behind that door you'll find your bedroom, and that's the bathroom" Brian explained. I opened the first door and saw a small room with six bunks, three on each side of the small space, shooting out from the walls. Great, I wont be able to sleep when there'll be one bed just a few inches above my face... Oh well, it's better than the car. I figured that we're only five, so I can dump my bag on one of them, so I did. I returned to what we can call the living room and opened the other door, the bathroom door. It had blue clinkers on the walls, and white on the floor. There was a small shower, a toilet and a sink.
I was amazed. We've been living in an old car for seven days... This is like a fucking luxury hotel for us!
"Thank you so much Brian" I said and hugged him. "This means a lot to us"
"You're worth it" he smiled at me.

The other guys were already seated on the couch, but they soon got up to thank Brian as well.
"Im sorry to leave you right now, but I really gotta go! I'll see you, guys!" he said and started walking towards the door, but stopped. "By the way, you dont have any shows tomorrow, so why dont you just go out and take a drink or something? You've worked hard, you deserve it" and with that he left the bus.

Eddie, the driver, told us that we were gonna drive for a few hours, and that if we had any questions, we knew where to find him.
I smiled and looked at the guys. This is just too good to be true!
"We made it" Ray said and smiled at us.
"Oh yes, we did!" I shouted and sat down on the couch.
"Im gonna go and inagurate the shower" Frank said and disappeared behind the bathroom door.
And I will be thinking of you in the shower... I thought and smiled to myself.