My Miserable Romance

Suffocate.

~Later that day~

"What do you guys wanna do now?" Ray asked us there we all were gathered in the couch-area.
"Just... sleep" Mikey mumbled and put his head in my lap.
"Mikey, it's mere 9pm, you cant be tired already!" Frank said and laughed. Mikey glanced at him.
"Yes I can, and I am... Im gonna go to bed"
He climbed up from the couch and stumbled into the bedroom.

"Actually, Im gonna go to bed too" Ray muttered and went into the bathroom to brush his teeth. I looked at Frank and Bob.
"You two tired?"
"Nope, but I wanna be... I've got such a headache" Bob said and turned on the tv. There were only some crappy romantic comedies, so he quickly turned it off. "And now it got worse"
Frank laughed and pulled up a book from his bag, wich was right next to him. I gazed at his serious face, his eyes concentrating on his book and his hands turning the pages every ones in a while.

"You got that weird face again, Gee!" Bob exclaimed and threw a pillow at me. I snapped out of my thoughts about Frank, something I'd done a lot lately, and blushed. "And there's the blushing again... Come on, tell us! Who're you in love with?"

I glanced at Frank, who was now looking at me with slight interest in his face.

"Are you in love?" He giggled and playfully punched me on the arm.
"No! Im not, Im just, you know..." I tried to let the subject fade, but Bob wasnt going to let that happen.
"No, we dont know! Tell us!" he grinned at me.
"There's this guy, who's really cute" I began, but quickly got interrupted by Bob, who let out a quiet scream.
"I knew it! I should be a psychologist... Sorry, go on"
"Anyways, he's way too good for me, so I'll just let it pass" I finished and looked at them. Frank gave me a supportive smile.
"No ones too good for you, Gee. You should tell him!"

Yeah, right.

"No, Im sure it's just a crush"
They shrugged and Frank got back to his book but Bob kept gazing at me.
"Is it someone I know?" He asked teasefully, and to my happiness, Frank threw his book at him (wich wasnt that thick...).
"Leave him alone, Bob. He'll tell you when he's ready" he said and laughed.
"But I wanna know! Please Gee, just tell me if I know the dude or not" he said and turned to me.
"You know him, alright?" I said a bit annoyed. I could see that he was going through every person he'd met in his head.
"Is it Ray's bro-"
"Bob!" I shouted.
"Could you be quiet, please?" we heard Mikey mutter from the bedroom, and we all went silent. I gave Bob a meaningfull look, and he sighed.
"Okay, okay... I wont bother you"
I smirked at him and walked into the small bedroom. Mikey and Ray was asleep in the two top bunks, so I quietly laid down in one of the bottom bunk. I pulled up the covers up to my neck, but couldnt ignore the fact that the bunk above me was just a few inches away from me, I mean, my chest was actually touching it when I breathed in. What if it'll break and land on top of me? I'd suffocate and probably break my nose as well... I shivered and closed my eyes and fell into a uneasy sleep.

~The next day~

The bed above me creaked, and as I was lying on the side, it touched my arm. I jolted out of the bed while breathing heavily. Fuck, I hate being trapped like that... The person in the bunk above me was Frank, and he was sleeping peacefully. My heart slowed down as I saw his angelic face. I sighed and walked out into the small kitchen-area. I made a cup of coffee, but decided to be nice to the others, so I made for them as well.
It hit me that we hadnt done any shopping, wich meant that we had nothing to eat. I opened the mini-fridge and to my surprise, it was filled with food and drinks. I smiled and mentaly thanked Brian for looking after us.

I looked out the toned windows and saw Eddie. I opened the window.
"Hey Eddie!" I said and waved. We'd parked in a small parking lot.
"Hello there, little fellow!" he shouted and waved back. "I was just gonna go out for a smoke, we'll soon be driving again"
"Take your time, we dont have any shows today, so you dont need to hurry"
He nodded and smiled at me, and I closed the window.

I turned around and grabbed my hot cup of coffee. Ray appeared behind me, pouring himself a cup as well.
"What time is it?" he muttered and winced as the hot coffee burned his tounge. I looked at my watch and gasped.
"It's 3pm"
"Woah... I guess we needed to catch up with our sleep, seeing we didnt get much when we slept in the car"
I nodded and saw Mikey leave the bedroom to join us.
"Good morning" he said to us, and looked at his watch. He gasped, just like I did, and I laughed at him.
"We know, it's late" I smiled.

Suddenly, the bus started moving, and I spilled my hot coffee all over my hands. I screamed in pain and dropped my cup. Mikey ran up to me and put my hands under the tap and let the cold water cool them down. I winced as my hands turned first purple, than white and finally red.
Frank and Bob came storming out from the bedroom and expected to see an horrible scene, and I smiled apologizingly.
"Sorry to wake you up... I just burned my hands" I muttered while I struggled to keep the tears away. My hands was throbbing and ached like fuck, but I didnt want them to see me cry.

"Aww, you're so clumsy..." Frank giggled and walked up to me. He took my sore hands in his and stroke them gently. "This will hurt for a few days, though" he added and inspected my hands. I didnt say anything. I just wanted him to never let go of my hands, but he did, and I gave him a weak smile. Ray and Bob had left when they saw that I was okay, and was now sitting at the bench, happily drinking and eating their breakfast. Mikey and Frank were still looking at me worridly, so I tried to grabbed my cup that I had dropped before, tp prove that I was fine, but dropped it when my hand coudnt get a grip around it.

I sighed and looked at Mikey and Frank.
"Stop staring at me, Im fine!" I snarled at them. I didnt want them to look at me like I was some kind of stupid five-year old who had gotten a small scratch on his knee.

Mikey threw up his arms to show that he'd back off, and Frank took the cup up from the floor and put it on the sink.
"I could've done that..." I muttered.
"But it would've taken you a few minutes, so I decided to do it" he snorted.
"Im not handicapped, Frank"
"I never said you were, I was just trying to be nice."
I rolled my eyes, and he glared at me.

"Why are you rolling your eyes, Gerard? You dont think I can be nice?"
"That's not what I meant"
"So what did you mean then?" he asked and his angry glare was like bullets in my heart. What were we fighting about, really? He was just trying to help, I knew that. But I hate being treated like a child! And that was what he was doing to me right now.

"Nothing" I muttered and tried to smile at him, but he didnt return it. We fought with each other all the time... Sometimes, like today, about things that wasnt even worth fighting about.
"Oh, dont think you can snarl at me like that, and then smile and think that everythings okay" he almost yelled, making the others looking at us.
"Frank, please... Im sorry, okay?"
He looked at me and tried to decide whether to would forgive me or not.
"Im sorry too" he said, but I still felt like he was a bit mad at me as we sat down and ate our breakfast, me with certain difficulty, cause of my hands.

"So..." Mikey said and finally broke the awkward silence. "We dont have any shows, so do you wanna go out on the town tonight?"
"Yeah!" Ray and Bob said in unison, but Frank and I remained silent.
"What about you two?" Mikey asked us.
"Nah... You're gonna drink and stuff, and it's not fun be the only sober person" Frank said and looked at him. "I'll stay here alone"
"What about you, Gerard?"
I showed him my red hands, and he nodded. They didnt hurt that much, but Frank was already mad at me, so I decided that it was better to stay, instead of coming back drunk.
"Okay, you two can stay here and keep an eye on the bus, but me, Bob and Ray are gonna go out... I'll tell the driver, eh-"
"Eddie" I said.
"Right, I'll tell Eddie to drop us off in about one hour." Mikey said and walked up to the front of the bus.