My Miserable Romance

I should've stayed with him...

Frank and Lisa's restaurant was called `Fernandez´ and it was a cheesy place where all the teenagers went to on their first date. I stood on the other side of the street and watched Frank go inside. I waited for a few seconds, then I crossed the streets and looked through the glass doors to the restaurant. I couldn't see him or Lisa, so I walked in.

The place were full of couples who were having lunch together. Everything was red in there. Floor, walls, chairs, tables... Everything in the same shade of red. I looked around and spotted Lisa, Frank and some random guy at a table for four, so I pushed myself at the wall so that they wouldnt see me. It was impossible to hear what they were saying, cause everyone was talking loud and laughing, so I decided to go closer. There was a huge, green plant standing on the floor at the table next to the one where they were sitting, so I sneaked over. The couple sitting next to the plant looked at me oddly, but I just pretended to inspect the plant's leaves closer, so they ignored me.

"So, why did you want me to come here?" I heard Frank ask.
"I wanted you to meet my boyfriend, Denny" Lisa answered, probably gesturing to that guy they'd been sitting with.
"Dont take this the wrong way.. Nice to meet you Denny, but why?"
"Thought it would be easier for you to move on if you knew that Im not available anymore" Lisa said.
"I have moved on"
"Right, Im sure you have" Lisa said saracsticly. "Why did you show up here then?"
"Cause you wanted me to, I thought you wanted to tell me something important... And I have moved on! "
"So you have a girlfriend?"
"No"
"Frank-"
"I have a boyfriend" he said and my heart swelled up. I loved hearing him call me his boyfriend.
"Who?"
"My best friend"
"Mikey?"
"No, Gerard"
Lisa started laughing, and I was slight hurt by it, but decided to be mad at her instead.
Denny choked on his glass of water and started coughing.
"You were dating a fag?" He asked Lisa.
"Bisexual" Frank corrected him.
"I didnt know about it" Lisa explained and all of a sudden Denny leaned over the table and punched Frank right in the face.
"Denny!" Lisa exclaimed and held him back. "What the hell are you doing?!"
"That sick son of a bitch... He dated you even if he was a fag" Denny muttered while Frank held his hand over his eye.
"Touch me again and I'll beat the crap outta you" Frank hissed at him, which just made Denny even angrier. Kind of stupid of Frank, cause Denny must've been a head taller and looked like a guy who just came out from prison.
"What did you say?" he asked threatfully and glared at Frank, who looked kinda scared.
"T-touch me again and I'll-" he couldnt finish his sentence before Denny was all over him, kicking and punching all over his body.
Lisa was screaming and the people at the other tables were doing the same, but no one helped Frank, and I couldnt just stand there. That fucking body builder will kill him! I ran out from my hiding place and took a hold of Dennys shoulder and before he could stop me, I pushed him away from Frank. I sat down next to him and put his head on my thigh. His eyes were closed, but he was breathing so I guess he just passed out from hiting the floor with his head.
"Gerard!? What the hell are you doing here?" Lisa asked and pushed Denny down in a chair.
"Saving his life" I muttered and stroke away Franks hair from his face. He was so innocent, he didnt deserve all this. His eye were swelling up and he had a few red/purple bruises on his chin and arms. I glared at Denny, who were sitting on his chair and grinning at me.
"You're his boyfriend?"
"Yeah"
"You dont look gay at all" he stated and looked at me. I rolled my eyes and lifted up Frank in my arms. He may be short, but god, he's heavy!
"Tell him that Im sorry... And Denny's sorry too" Lisa said to me.
"No Im not" Denny protested, but Lisa just punched him on the shoulder.
"You will be. If you do that to any of my friend ever again, I'll kill you" she muttered as I walked out of the restaurant with Frank in my arms.
His head were resting on my shoulder and my arms were killing me, but I didnt let go. I walked all the way to his place, even though mine and Mikeys were closer. I didnt want Mikey to see him like this.
I carefully sat him down against a wall as I digged in his pockets for his keys. Two teenage girls were standing and looking at me as I did so, and I smiled at them. They let out a shriek before they ran away. I finally managed to find his keys and opened the door.
It took all of my strength, but I lifted him up again and dropped him down on his couch. There was a dirty blanket lying on the floor, but I decided that my jacket would be a lot nicer to have on, so I put it over his chest and sat down next to him.

I sat there in about ten minutes, just watching him sleep when he finally woke up.
"Ow..." he groaned and sat up. "Where am I?"
"Home" I said and stroke him over one of his many bruises. "You okay?"
"No, my head is about to explode... What are you doing here?"
"I carried you here"
"No, cause I was at that restaurant when that guy just... How did you found me?"
"I was there" I said and all of a sudden felt really guilty. He wasnt cheating on me, he was just being polite to Lisa. I sighed and decided to tell him. "Lisa sent you a message, which I read and then I found out that you were gonna see her"
"And you were jealous?"
"Erh.. yeah" I said and looked down at my knees. "Im sorry Frankie, I trust you... But she's your ex and all, and I know that you love her-"
"Loved, Gerard"
I nodded and finally looked at him. He was looking directly at me with a mad expression on his face.
"Im sorry Frank"
"If you trust me, why did you follow me?"
"Cause I dont trust her"
"Not only did you follow me, you read my sms... And you cant blame Lisa for that"
"Well, excuse me for not knowing that your ex-girlfriend were gonna sent you a message" I said and made my voice sound even angrier then I was. "Sorry" I mumbled.
"So you were there the whole time? You saw what her boyfriend did?"
"Yes... Actually, I was the one who saved you" I said and smiled at him and to my relief he smiled back.
"Guess I have to forgive you then" he said and kissed me. I smiled into the kiss but then he jumped away.
"Sorry, but my whole face hurts right now" he muttered and started kissing my neck instead.
"No..." I mumbled and pushed him away. "That will only make things worse. Let your bruises rest"
He nodded and laid down on the couch.
"You wanna stay here for the night?" He asked and smiled shyly.
"Yeah, I just have to call Mikey and tell him"
"The phone's in my bedroom" he said and to my surprise he started stroking himself with his hand down his pants. I gave him an odd look and he laughed.
"Im not doing what you think I am. That fucker kicked me on the inside of my thigh and I think Im bleeding"
"You want me to check for you?" I asked and wiggled my eyebrows. He gave me a sexy look and then pointed at the bedroom.
"Call your brother and then we'll talk"

I walked into his bedroom and was just about to call Mikey when I noticed his cellphone on his bedside table. I thought about sending Lisa a little message, but that would've been stupid. I was just happy that he forgave me before, so I shoudn't push the limit, so I called Mikey.

"Hello?"
"Hi, Mikey, it's Gee"
"Oh..." he said and I smirked. He cant ignore me on the phone.
"Im at Franks place, and I'll stay here for the night-"
-Click-
He hung up. That bastard hung up on me.

I put the phone back and walked out to Frank.
"What did he say?"
"Nothing"
"Come on tell me!"
"I would, but he didnt say anything more then hello and oh"
"Why did he say oh?"
"Cause it was me who was calling"
"But he knows that you're staying here?" Frank asked and looked at me.
"I cant stay here... I have to go home to him, I cant-" I sighed and sat down next to Frank. "I cant stand to know that he's mad at me"
Frank just looked down at his hands. I tried to hug him, but his whole body went stiff.
"I wanna be here with you, and you know it" I whispered in his ear before I got up from the couch.
"Why wont you?" he asked quietly. "You dont need to go to him"
I turned away from him and headed for the door. Didnt he understand that he was only making this ten times worse?
"Gerard... Baby, please come back" he cried from the living room but I just closed the door behind me and walked to me and Mikeys place. I need to be with my brother... I didnt want him to be mad at me, and yet, I knew that the only thing I would get from him was angry looks and silence. Did I just made the wrong decision? Should I'd stayed with Frank? Dammit. No, Mikey needs me.

"I thought you were gonna stay with Frank" Mikey muttered as I walked in.
"So did I"
"Why arent you?"
"I wanted to be with you tonight"
For the first time in a month, he smiled at me.
"He dumped you, didnt he?"
Oh, that's why he smiled at me...
"No" I said and slammed my bedroom door as I ran in. He's fucking unbelievable! I could've been with Frank now, but no, I just had to act all nice and go home to my brother. I decided to call Frank. Not to ask him if I could come over, cause that would just feel wrong, but I wanted to talk to him.
I walked out in the kitchen, where Mikey was standing with a cup of coffee in his hands.
"You shouldn't drink coffee this late" I said and he rolled his eyes at me in annoyance.
"Im gonna call Frank, so if you dont wanna hear him and me having phone-sex, then I suggest that you leave the kitchen"
He glared at me, but left. I laughed quietly as I called Frank.

"Frank" a tired voice said.
"Hi... How are you doing?" I asked.
"Fine" he said and I could hear that he was mad at me.
"Look, Im sorry-"
"No, you're not, Gerard"
"Believe me, I am"
"So you're not having fun with Mikey?" he asked sarcasticly.
"He's ignoring me as always, but yeah, it's hilarious over here..."
"It's your own fault. You didnt have to leave"
"I know" I said and sighed. Everything's wrong, it wasnt suppose to be like this. "It just felt like the right thing to do"
"Felt right to leave me... You know, my head is killing me, I have to go"
"But Frank-"
"We'll talk tomorrow" he arrupted me.
"Okay, bye"
I hung up and buried my head in my hands. I should've stayed with him...