My Miserable Romance

I've missed you.

Mikey and I were in the car on our way to Ray's place. I couldnt stop thinking about that in a few minutes I would have to see Frank. I missed him more then anything, but meeting him would only make it worse. It's so ridiculous... My brother is keeping me from being with him and even if the thought of that just made me laugh, I knew that I couldnt be with him of it meant that I'd lose Mikey.

How would he react when he saw me? Would he act like everything's back to normal, would he be mad? Happy to see me?
And how am I gonna react? I know that I cant answer those questions, I just have to wait and see.

"We're here" Mikey said and snapped me out of my thoughts. I nodded and walked out of the car with Mikey behind me.
I couldnt see Frank's car anywhere, so I walked into Rays house, relieved that I had some time before I would have to talk to Frank.

"Hey, we're in the kitchen!" Bob yelled when Mikey and I closed the door behind us. We took off our shoes and joined them, and to my surprise, it wasnt just Bob and Ray, Frank were there as well.
"Hello everyone" Mikey said and waved. Bob waved back like a maniac, so Ray had to stop him before he would knock himself out.
"Hi" I said shyly to Frank. He glanced at Mikey, who was standing with his back to us.
"Hi"
"We're allowed to talk..."
"That we have to be allowed is just humiliating" he muttered.
I nodded and started listening to what the others were talking about, but it was so hard, cause all I wanted to do was to be alone with Frank.
I need to talk to him about this whole thing. Make him understand that I dont want it to be this way. I glanced at him, but he was looking out the window.
"Hey, Gee. Can I talk to you?" Mikey asked and I nodded. He led me out from the kitchen so that the guys wouldn't hear.

"Are you okay?" he asked.
"I guess, why?"
"You looked so sad, and to know that its all my fault..." he said and looked away. "Yesterday, when I said that I needed some time, well, I dont need anymore"
"Okay... So what did you need time to think about?"
"Erh. Look, I dont wanna be the person that made you this sad"
"Okay?"
"So I have a question for you"
"Mikey, just spit it out" I exclaimed impatiently
"Fine... Can you promise me that nothing will change, even if you're with Frank?"
I was silent for a second, and then said;
"Yes"
"I'll always be your best friend?"
"You'll always be my best friend... But why are you asking me that?"
"I guess that if you and Frank want to be together, I wont... I wont be in your way"
"Are you serious?" I asked and smiled at him. He nodded.
"I just hate to see you look at him that way, with so much sadness in your eyes"

I didnt know what to say so I just kept silent.
"What if he doesnt wanna be with me anymore?" I asked a few seconds later, more to myself than to Mikey.
"He does, Gee. Don't worry" Mikey said, suddenly very supportive about this.
"But-"
"He broke up with you because of me, and that was only five days ago. You had nothing to do with it"

I was the one who put my brother, who didnt even need me, in front of my boyfriend, but okay.

I was just about to walk into the kitchen again when Mikey stopped me.
"One more thing, please dont make out or something infront of me. At least not in the beginning, I still have to get used to all this" he said and let go of my arm.
"Sure" I said and hugged him. Mikey returned to the kitchen, but I didnt know where to go. I cant walk in there and say to Frank that `My brother's fine with us going out, so we're back together´... And once again things worked out, but still there's something wrong.

I finally got the courage to go back, but as soon as I came in, they were on their way to the basement. I sighed and followed them down the stairs. Rays basement were really just the perfect place to hang out. Two couches, a table, tv, stereo and lots of comic books.

"I thought we were gonna have band practise" Frank said and looked at Ray.
"Feel free to play on my guitar if you want, but I just wanna sit down and relax" Ray said and threw himself at the couch, quickly followed by Mikey. I laughed as Mikey got thrown down on the floor by Ray, who was looking a bit proud that he had managed to get Mikey off of him.
Frank rolled his eyes and went to sit down in the couch, the one that Ray hadn't occupied, that is.

"What are we gonna do all day?" Bob asked and took a comic book.
"Let's go and get a movie! And pizza!" Mikey exclaimed and looked around enthusiasticly. I shrugged, not caring of what they'd decide, but Ray, Bob and Frank were all on it.
"We can have a sleep-over!" Bob said but Ray interrupted him.
"There's no room for the four of you to sleep here"
"Damn... Oh well, movie and pizza's enough"

~An hour later~

It took us 45 minutes until we had the perfect movie and three boxes of pizza. We were all seated in the basement, Ray and Frank in one couch and me, Mikey and Bob in the other. I had barely talked to Frank, which made me worried. Should I talk to him, or was this his way of telling me that he didnt want anything to do with me? I turned my head in his direction and noticed that he was staring at me. He smiled and got back to the movie, leaving me even more confused.

"Oh my... I cant watch this!" Mikey yelled and ran out the room with his hands over his ears. I looked at the tv for the first time and it was some weird, freaky scene going on. I hadnt followed the story at all, so I had no idea of why it was so scary, but Frank, Ray and Bob all looked terrified.
"Im gonna get something to drink" I mumbled and got up from the couch, but Bob pulled me down.
"Dont leave me all alone, you idiot!"
"It's not that scary, Bob..."
He nodded furiously.
"Ray, go and sit with Bob so I can get a drink"
Ray laughed and jumped over to the couch.
"Hey!" Frank yelled and tried to get him back. "Bastard..."
"Sorry Frankie, Im just following orders" Ray said and grinned at him.

A few minutes I was back with a glass of water, and now Mikey was back. He sat next to Frank, who was muttering something about that he never wanted to see a horrormovie again. Ray and Bob were all curled up together and everytime something scary happend, they let out some weird shrieks and hid their eyes under their hands. I was just about to sit down next to Ray when Mikey got up and took my seat. He motioned for me to go and sit with Frank but I shook my head. He nodded and pushed me towards Frank, so I sat down and glanced nervously at him. His eyes were glued to the screen, maybe cause he wanted to avoid me, or maybe he just wanted to watch the movie...

"ARH!" they all screamed and I looked at the tv. It would probably have been a bit more scary if I knew what was going on, but it still looked scary. Bob, Ray and Mikey were lying in a pile whilst Frank and I was sitting so far away from each other as possible. Mikey looked at me, but I ignored him. He's taking this way too fast. All of a sudden he's like obsessed with getting me and Frank together, and it made me confused but also annoyed. I wanna be with Frank, no boubt about that, but what the hell has that got to do with Mikey? I'll talk to Frank, but I wanna do it on my own conditions, not cause my little brother forced me.

They all started screaming again and I put my hand on Franks leg before I could think. That was how I use to do when Mikey and I were kids and we were watching some creepy movie on tv to make him calm down. Apparently, this was what Frank had been waiting for, cause he took my hand in his and got back to watch the movie. I smiled as I saw our hands linked together. He thought that he was just acting normal, friendly, but I wonder what he'll say when I tell him that Mikey's fine with this. I think he'll be happy, but the chances are big that he'll get mad at me cause I thought that we could be together again.

"Look at the tv, Gee" Bob said, so I did. I let out a scream as I saw a corpe full of needles everywhere. Needles in the arms, legs, lips.. Even in the eyes.
"Fuck you, Bob" I muttered, but couldnt tare my eyes away from the tv. They all knew that I hated needles, but I always found it hard to look away from disgusting things.
"You can stop looking at it now, Gerard" Ray said and laughed. "It will only get worse, they are about to-"
"I dont wanna hear" I said and moved away from the tv, which meant that I came a lot closer to Frank. We were now almost sitting next to each other, but then he moved away from me and let go of my hand. I tried to look at the tv to make him think that I hadnt even noticed it, but this was not a good time to act oblivious.
I watched him in the corner of my eye, and noticed that he was looking at me.
"Come here" he whispered and gestured for me to sit next to him. I smiled and moved closer. He laid down with his head on the arm rest and pulled me down with him. I smiled as he did so, and couldnt help but to hug him. He turned his head to Mikey, but I took his chin in my hand and turned it so that he was watching the tv.
"Dont worry about him" I whispered in Franks ear and he nodded.
"But wont he get mad?"
"No" I whispered and smiled. Ray, Bob and Mikey were all busy with watching the movie, so they didnt pay me or Frank any attention.
"Is he okay with this?"
I nodded and felt Franks lips on mine.
"I've missed you"
"I've missed you too"
"Sure Mikey's okay with this?"
"At least he said so..."
"That'll do" He said and started watching the movie again. Everything worked out... Mikey's okay, me and Frank are-
Yeah what?
"Frankie?" I whispered and he turned around.
"Yeah?"
"Are you mad at me?"
"No" he whispered and smiled at me.
"You wanna have dinner with me tomorrow?"
"Like a date?"
"If you want it to-"
"Answer my question, yes or no"
"Yes, its a date... Now, answer my question"
"What are you guys whispering about?" Ray asked and all three of them turned to look at us.
"Are you back together?" Mikey asked before we could answer Rays question.
I looked at Frank, who nodded carefully at Mikey. Mikey went silent for a few seconds, and I thought that he was gonna start screaming at us, telling us that he's not okay with it.
"Im happy for you guys" he said and smiled at us.
"And we're happy that you're happy" Frank said and I think we all heard that there was a slight trace of sarcasm in his voice. Mikey sighed and pointed at the door.
"Frank, can I talk to you in privat?"
"Sure" Frank said and walked out with Mikey. I have to say that Im a little worried... But I didnt have to, cause two minutes later they were back, both smiling. Frank laid down with me again and put my arm around him.
We all watched the movie for a few minutes, but my curiousity was bigger than what my interest in the movie was.

"What did he say?" I whispered to Frank.
"He just said he was sorry... What did you think?"
"Nothing, I was just wondering" I whispered. He got closer to kiss me, but Mikey, Ray and Bob started screaming just as our lips was about to meet.
I smiled apoligizingly at him. He got off of the couch and pulled me up as well. I gave him a confused look, but he just dragged me out of the door. As soon as the door was closed behind us, he wrapped his arms around me and pulled me into a deep kiss. Eventually the lack of air had made us stop, but we didnt stop hugging each other.
"These five days have been-" he started.
"I know"
"How long've you known that Mikey's fine with this?"
"He told me today... I really didnt think that you would want to be with me again" I mumbled in his neck.
"That was stupid of you" he said and laughed. "Come on, let's go back"
He walked away from me and was just about to open the door when I stopped him.
"Did we just go out here to make out?" I smirked at him.
"Yeah, got a problem with that?" he asked and raised an eyebrow.
"Actually, yes... You didnt answer my question before"
"What question?"
"About dinner tomorrow"
"Ah, the date" he said and grinned at me. "My answer is yes"