My Miserable Romance

He got my message.

~The next day~
~Gerards POV~

"Are. You. Freakin'. Kidding. Me?" Mikey asked the driver slowly with his hands on his hips.
"No, I've never been more serious... Three of the bunks, that will be all of the bunks on the left side, collapsed so we have to repair them before you can sleep in there" the driver said in a monotoune voice. I felt a unpleasant feeling shoot through my body when I imagined me lying in my bunk and then suddenly be burried underneath the two bunks, and persons in them, above me.

"But... But where are we suppose to sleep?" Mikey asked, slightly panicking by now. His eyes wondered around in the small tour bus, looking for some beds, like they would magically appear right infront of his eyes.
"Don't know, don't care" the driver said and rolled his eyes like Mikey were something that he didnt wanna waste time on. "All I got is blankets and pillows... I guess you boys have to fight about the couches, ey?"
Frank shot me a naughty smile, which I happily returned. Him and me in a tight couch... Rawr.

"I'm not sleeping with neither Gee or Frankie..." Bob muttered and gave us an apologizing smile. "I know you wont.. do stuff with me, but sleeping with a gay guy would just feel weird. It would be a whole night of 'Did he just touch me there?!' and 'Does he enjoy lying this close to me?!"
"Bobby... I might be gay, but that doesnt mean that I'm attracted to every man in the world" I said, laughing at his uncomfortable face.
"It would be quite a struggle to make you stay with me if you were attracted to every man in the world" Frank said jokingly before walking off to talk to the driver.

I watched him walk away, or no, I didnt watch him. I watched his ass. Too bad he wasnt wearing his tight pants... You can actually see the shape of his butt when he wears those.
I lugged both his and my bags to a free space on the floor and slowly started unpacking. Isch...
"Frankie-Wankie!" I yelled, making his head appear in the door where the tour bus were parted from the drivers seat.
"Yes, Gerard... Uh, Retard?" he asked, trying to come up with something that rhymed with my name.
"I need to take a shower, can you please be so kind and get our stuff out of the bags?" I asked innocently, not wanting him to know that the shower was just an excuse for me to avoid unpacking.
"Yeah sure" he said and I ran off to the bathroom before he could change his mind.

*

"Legs off" Mikey demanded as I tried to put my legs over his thighs. I sighed and put them down on the floor again. The flickering light from the tv was making my eyes tired and all I wanted was to go to bed, but I didnt have one... And everytime I tried to lie down, Mikey shoved my legs off of him, which was really unfair cause that was the only place I could put my legs.
"Jerk..." I muttered and looked at Bob and Ray, who was both asleep on the floor, sharing the only mattress we had. "Where's Frankie?"
"Bathroom, I think" Mikey said distantly with his attention at the tv. I tried to put my legs over him once more until I gave up and curled up in a ball in the small couch. My legs were pressing against my chest, which was terribly uncomfortable, but it was the only way I could get some sleep. I felt myself drift off to sleep when Mikey started shaking me.
"Hey Gee?"
"Yeah?" I asked sleepily.
"I'm staring to get kinda worried... Frank hasnt been back for like half an hour"
"I thought he was in the bathroom. You sure he's not just talking a long shower?"
"Can you hear any water?"
"No..." I said slowly, worrying started to show in my voice. "I'll go and look"
With a huge effort, I swung my numb legs down on the floor and started walking towards the bathroom. What if he slipped when he was taking a shower and has now been lying on the floor in half an hour without me not even noticing that he was gone too long? I knocked on the door.

"Frankie?" I asked quietly.
I heard movement in there, but no one opened. What if that arrogant driver was about to kill him?! Calm down... We're driving, so the driver's busy. I decided to open the door, taking the risk that maybe he just wanted to have some privacy. But if he wanted privacy, he would've locked the door...

I opened the door and saw Frank lying on the floor with one arm covering his face, the other one lying under his head like a pillow.
"Shit, are you okay?" I asked, sitting down next to him on the floor. I put a hand on his shoulder and his eyes shot open.
"Hey..." he said sleepily with a smile. "There was nowhere else to sleep so I thought this was a good spot"
"Sleeping on the floor's not a good idea... Belive me, I've done it" I mumbled, thinking about the days when I was constantly drunk. I could wake up in places miles away from my home which scared the shit outta Mikey who always worried that I was gonna get killed, lost or beaten up.
"And now I understand why..." he groaned as he tried to get up from the floor. "I think my back's crooked"
"Come on, I'll help you" I said and let out my hand but he ignored it and got up by himself.
"I can take care of myself"
"I know you can" I said, surprised by his sudden coldness.
"Well, if we're not gonna sleep on the floor, where are we suppose to sleep?"
"I dont know" I said truthfully.
"But why the hell did you wake me up then?" he asked annoyed.
"Uh... Sorry? I just thought you'd like to be able to walk tomorrow without having killer pain in your back"
"I'm tired, I dont care if I'll be in pain tomorrow" he muttered and walked past me. "I feel like breaking someones bones for not having our bunks ready"
"It's not that bad" I said, and I could feel that his bad mood was getting to me. "We still have the couch and a madrass"
"Oh good, you're alive!" Mikey said happily when he saw me and Frank returning to the couch.
"But the mattress is occupied, which leaves the three of us with one couch" Frank said, ignoring Mikeys comment.
"I know, but could you stop whining about it?"
"Sorry, I'm acting like a spoiled brat... I'm just really tired"
"You can be as tired as you want, but stop nagging about the beds" I said and sat down on the couch next to Mikey where I sat before. I threw up my legs in Mikeys lap and this time he didnt push them away. He knew that I was annoyed and tired.

"Can you turn that fucking tv off?" Bob muttered from the madress. Frank obeyed and the room drowned in darkness.
I closed my eyes and tried to sleep but realized that I was being very selfish. Mikey didnt have a problem with sleeping on a hard couch with his brother, but Frank didnt have anywhere to be. I sighed and could see his silhuette sitting on the floor with his back against the table. I reached out my hand and it was just precisely that I could get my fingers to touch him. I saw his head turn in my direction and I waved him over. He jumped up from the floor and looked down at me.
"What?" he whispered, not wanting to wake Bob and Ray up.
"Are you comfortable sleeping on the floor?"
"No, not really... But I'll survive" he said and was just about to return to his seat when I got a hold of his belt loop, making him turn around to me again.
"What?" he asked again, now sounding kinda pissed that I didnt let him go and sleep. Maybe I should just leave him alone... No, that would just make it worse.
"If you want, you can sleep next to me?" I asked carefully. I really didnt wanna be rejected right now.
"Are you sure there's enough space?" he asked and I knew that wasnt his real question. It was more his way of asking if I really wanted him next to me, dispite his grumpy mood.
"I dont know" I said in the same cryptic way. He got my message.
"I'm sorry. I was just in a bad mood"
I smiled in the darkness and pulled him down next to me. There was actually no room for him, but at the moment, it didnt matter. He had to sleep almost on top of me but I was fine with that.
"Oh for fuck's sake... If I have to choose between sharing bed with you two or Ray and Bob, who's extremely quiet, the choice is almost too easy" Mikey muttered and jumped over to the madrass on the floor.
Frank slid off of me, instead lying next to me and I carefully kissed his cheek good night.
"Good night" He giggled happily. "And thank you for putting up with my shit"
"You're more than welcome" I whispered and felt his lips onto mine. I smiled, slightly separating my lips and he carefully touched my lips with the tip of his tongue. He was always carefull, but never like this. "Why are you scared?" I asked, still with my lips to his.
"I didnt treat you right earlier... And plus, I'm really tired"
I laughed and gave him one last kiss before I turned my back against him, trying to lie a bit more comfortable on the hard couch. His arm sneaked under my arm, wrapping itself around my chest. I smiled and took his hand in mine before I closed my eyes and fell asleep.