My Miserable Romance

Tuberculosis.

~Frank's POV~

How could he do that to me?! His drinking was... well, okay, but drunk-driving?! What the hell was he thinking?

I heard him cough and whimper quietly as his throat probably ached like fuck. I could understand that he needed the alcohol when he was in this much pain, but shit... To drive afterwards was just stupid. But if I listened to his story, it all matched. He was in pain, drove off to drink at some bar, regretted it and drove home immediatly even if he was under influence of the alcohol and had the bad luck to get caught. It's all my fault, really. He said so himself. If I would've stayed with him, nothing would've happend, even though he made it sound like it was his fault that I hadnt stayed.
But he's not suppose to beg me to stay with him, I should've done it even if he said no.

He was asleep as far away from me as possible, lying on the edge of the mattress but I wasnt gonna save him from falling off. I was still a bit mad about what he did, so I needed some time to think, and I had all night to do that.

*

"I'm gonna get some breakfast" I yelled from the door.
"Okay" he mumbled.
"You want me to take some food up?"
"I can't swallow"
"You didnt seem to have any problem with swallowing yesterday" I muttered and I heard him sigh.
"What do you want me to respond to that?"
"I want you to say ; Sure Frankie, I'll be happy to try and eat something just cause I love you so much" I said and tried to hide the sarcasm in my voice.
"Fine! Get me something to eat"
"Wow, how polite" I said and closed the door. Down in the restaurant, I joined the guys who was already down there, eating their breakfast.
"How's Gee?" Mikey asked as he saw me.
"Sad, upset... I dont know"
"He told you about what happend, huh?"
"Yeah" I said and grabbed the butter from Bob, who gave me a murderous look before trying to take it back.
"And how did you react?" Mikey asked, apparently not wanting to drop the topic.
"Shocked and mad"
"What? What happend yesterday?" Ray asked curiously and Bob filled him in with the information. "Woh..."
"Ah, there's how I reacted" I said and pointed at Rays shocked face. "But a lot angrier though"
"Did he tell you about the other thing too?" Mikey asked and looked at me sadly.
"No, dont think so... He said he had some bad news but I could only handle one of them"
"I'll give you an advice, don't go too hard on him about this DUI thing, he's got a lot of shit going on. You'll understand what I'm talking about later"
I nodded, feeling a bit confused but got back to my breakfast.

"I got you some toast" I said as I walked into the hotel room but stopped when I saw that he was asleep on the bed. There was blood stains on his shirt and his face looked so tired even if he was sleeping. I walked up to his side, put his breakfast on the bed side table and sat down on the bed next to him. I bent down over him and gave him a small kiss on his lips and his eyes flew open.
"Sorry, I didnt mean to wake you up" I mumbled but he just smiled at me.
"Don't worry, I wasnt sleeping"
"Good, cause I'm about to force you to eat" I said and reached out for the piece of toast.
"Ah, you're gonna feed me?" he asked and I could see that he was struggling not to smile.
"I wasnt, but now that you mention it, I will"
"Is this is how you act when you're really mad or does this mean that you've forgiven me?"
"No, I always feed my victims with toast before I kill them"
"Is that so... But seriously?"
"It's complicated. I understand why you drank and that also why you were driving but... still. You know that you did the wrong thing, so I dont know why I should stay mad at you"
"I like the way your mind works, Frankie" he giggled and took the toast out of my hands.
"Hey! I thought I was gonna feed you"
He shrugged and gave it back to me and I put it to his lips. He took a bit of and I could see that he was really trying to swallow but as soon as it came down his throat, he coughed it up again.
"Sorry, Frankie, but I cant-"
"I know, don't worry" I said and got up to throw it away. "You're not suppose to leave the bed, but do you wanna go to Mikeys room and hang out with the guys?"
"Yeah!" he exclaimed jumped up from the bed as quickly as his body allowed him to.
"But before we go, is there something you wanna tell me? Mikey said you had some bad news?"
He shifted nervously where he stood and I felt a worrying feeling grow inside of me. I dont know how understanding I can be if he did something even worse than the DUI...
"I'll say it when the guys are around, okay? I want them to know too"
I nodded and we left our hotel room to go and visit Mikey.

~Gerards POV~

"Oh Gee, good you're here. I searched around for some facts about tuberculosis and-"
"Mikey, do you wanna help me with that thing I asked you before?" I asked quickly, making Mikey shut up but I didnt have to, cause he stopped when he saw Frank.
"Why were you searching about tuberculosis?" Frank laughed and snaked an arm around my waist.
"Uh... No reason, I just wanted to see if it's contagious, which it is" Mikey said and gestured with his eyes at Frank, who was standing pretty close to me.
"Well, then we better avoid people with tuberculosis" I said and cursed both Mikey and me for being the bad acters that we were. "Where's the others, by the way? I have an announcement to make..."
"They're on their way. I think the Green Day guys really like us, cause they said that they might come too"
"I think Tré has a crush on you" I laughed and Mikey stuck his tongue out before walking into the hotel room.
"Gerard?" Frank asked and I turned to look at him.
"Yeah?"
"Do I need to worry about your announcement?"
"Not yet..." I said jokingly even if it was true.