My Miserable Romance

I'm still kinda upset that you died.

~The next day~
~Frank's POV~

It was my wedding day, the day I've been waiting for since I first started dating. Little did I know that I was gonna marry a guy back then but shit, I was happy. Gerard and I had decided that we were both gonna walk down the isle together cause we thought it was pretty stupid that he was gonna stand and wait for me as I walked alone, or the other way around.
"You ready?" Gerard asked me nervously as we were standing at the door, ready to walk inside the crowded room. I nodded and we linked our arms together before we stepped inside. All of our friends and families were standing up, looking and smiling at us. There was a few flashes from the cameras and such, but Gerard and I kept our eyes on the priest who was standing at the front of the isle. My legs were shaking and I almost tripped but Gerard helped me regain my balance before anyone noticed.

"We've gathered here today..." the priest started but I wasnt really listening, I just gazed in amazement at the man who I was gonna spend the rest of my life with and he looked back with a small smile on his lips. It seriously felt like my heart was gonna explode and I looked down at our linked hands just to get a moment to blink away the tears in my eyes.

"Do you, Gerard Way, promise to die in peace and wait for this man that's standing before you until death will end his life to join you and forever be him faithful?" the priest asked, to my great surprise. What the hell was he talking about? Die in peace and wait for me to join him?!
"I do" Gerard said and smiled lovingly at me.
"Do you, Frank Iero, promise to live your life on Earth alone before death will end your misery and take you to the man that you have sworn to forever love and to hold?"

Wait, what? NO! Gerard's gonna die?! And what the fuck, `live your life alone on Earth before death will end your misery´? What's this guy on? Does this mean that's Gerard's gonna die and I'll live alone until I die? Wraah, too many questions! Okay, analyze the situation quickly, Frankie... Gerard just agreed to die in peace and wait for me to die so we could be together when we're both dead or something. And now he's asking me to live alone and then die to be with Gerard. NO! What the fuck? I wanna be married to Gerard when we're both alive, not dead...

"I do" I heard myself say and Gerard fell to the ground. "Gerard!"
I got down on my knees but the priest pulled me up.
"Don't worry, you'll meet again... When you die" he said and smiled at me like this was like any other wedding he had experienced.
"But... Wh- Is he dead?"
"Well, yes. You agreed to let him die, my child, but the Lord will take good care of him and as I said, you'll both meet when you join him in death" he said and walked away. Is this a joke? A sick joke? This is my fucking wedding day... And my boyfriend's dead! I looked around in confusement and saw that our guests were leaving. Gerard was lying lifeless on the floor with his eyes staring at me. I got down on my knees again and shook his shoulders.
"Gerard? No, Gerard, please wake up, it's not funny!" I said but his head just swayed from one side to the other as my shake got even more fiercefull. "Gerard, I'm fucking serious!"

But he didnt wake up.
"GERARD!" I cried and all of a sudden, his body was gone. He had been lying in my arms but had magically disappeared within a second. I looked around desperatly but he wasnt here, the only thing that was left was a weird feeling of water surrounding me, like something wet was pressing against me. I looked down on my clothes and saw blood. A lot of blood. Probably from Gerard before he disappeared. Oh my god, he's dead...
"What have I done..." I mumbled to myself and started screaming his name over and over again whilst banging my fists in the floor...


~Gerard's POV~

"Gerard?" Frank mumbled and I walked over to the bed to see what he wanted. I had just stepped out of the shower and my skin was soaking wet and the only thing I had on was a towel, carelessy wrapped around my waist.
I glanced at Franks face but saw that he was asleep so I just thought that he was talking in his sleep. I bent down to grab my pants as I heard his voice again.
"Gerard?" he asked, a bit louder this time. "No, Gerard..."
I ignored him and let him sleep. He was probably just having a nightmare, which is not a big surprise, seeing with all the drama we've had these last couple of days.
"Not funny!" he said and rolled around and buried his fingers into his pillow.
"Frankie?" I asked carefully and sat down next to him, but he wasnt listening.
"I'm fucking serious, Gerard!" he almost screamed and I quickly put a hand on his arm to stop him from hitting me. Okay, now he's freaking me out...
"Frank? Honey, wake up"
"GERARD!" he yelled and muttered something like `what have I done´.
I pulled him up and supported his back to let him rest in my arms.
"Frankie, wake up" I whispered in his ear but I didnt have to, cause he was already awake. Probably cause I'd made him sit up...
He looked around in the room and then sighed deeply.
"You... Shit..." he said sleepily and digged his head into my neck. "You are dead... You died"
"No, but I will soon if you dont let go of me... I cant breathe" I laughed but he didnt let go so I had to force his arms off. "Nightmare?"
"A weird one, yeah"
"Good..."
"Why's that good?"
"Cause you said that I died... And if you dreamt about me dying, I'm glad you look at it as a nightmare" I said and laughed at his confusing face.
"Could you just... not confuse me right now?" he groaned. "My head's killing me and I'm still kinda upset that you died"
"Migraine?"
"I dont know. But it sure hurts"
I gave him a soft kiss on the lips before leaving him alone with his headache and started getting dressed.

"Frankie... Can you come with me to the doctor?" I asked as I was finally ready to go to the hospital.
"Mh... huh?" he asked as he slowly woke up. He had fallen back to sleep again. He blinked a few times and then looked at me with the cutest smile ever. "Sorry, what did you say?"
"Can you come with me to the doctor?" I asked again and he nodded but suddenly stopped and attached both of his hands to his head. "What's wrong?"
"Ow. Major. Fucking. Headache... I dont know if I can make it, Gee" he muttered and slumped back into the pillows.
"Okay..." I said a bit disappointed. I felt that my throat started to itch and started to cough. Good thing I'm going to the hospital today... I dont know how many times I can stand my throat to get ripped up like this. I sat down on the bed, still coughing violently and blood came pouring out of my mouth, more than it ever had done before. Frank jolted up from the bed, groaning as his head probably didnt like the sudden move, and started to rub my back comfortingly. The coughings didnt stop and I was getting quite worried by now. What if I just carried on coughing until I was suffocated by it? Or what if I coughed up all my blood? I took a hold of the mattress not to fall to the floor and I knew that Frank was worrying sick about me. I felt myself dozing of to unconsciousness by the lack of oxygen and Frank slapped me hard across the face.

"Gerard? Gee, baby? Calm down, okay? Breathe, breath, breathe" he repeated slowly and I obeyed, even though it was quite hard. I managed to control the coughings, and that way control my breathing. "You okay now?"
"No" I sobbed, kinda freaked out by my near-death experience. God, I'm like a never-ending uh... dying person. Wait, what? ... I'm confused.
"Aww, don't worry, baby. We'll get through this, aight?"
"Yeah" I said and wiped away my tears, feeling slight embarrassed that I was crying infront of him this much. He noticed my uncomfortable face and placed his lips to the spot where he had slapped me.
"One; I think it's good that you show your feelings and two; sorry for slapping you, but I freaked out"
"You just made me sound so... gay. And yeah, I can tell by the way my cheek burns" I smiled.
"Uhm. You are gay and well, I'm sorry"
"I may be gay, but I certainly don't act like it!"
"You mean, apart from getting turned on by this?" he asked and placed his hand to his own crotch and started rub himself. "Oh god, yes... Yes... Ah, Gerard, oh shit, ahh...."
I was kinda amazed by his acting skills, cause it really sounded like he was turned on by it and I have to admit that I was. I mean, come on... Frank Iero stroking himself infront of you, what more can I say?
"Okay, I get it..." I muttered but he didnt stop.
"Ah, faster... Oh Gee, arh... God, ahh, ah, fuck me... ah..."
"Frankie, I get it" I said quickly. Now I was really turned on and I knew that was what he wanted. He wanted me to want him so badly and then he would just walk away, like the tease he is and always has been.
"Ah, no you dont" he mumbled and spred out his legs even more to make me see how much he enjoyed stroking himself. "Think about me naked with you on top of me, our skin touching and sharing heat, panting and moaning each others name as you thrust into my ass..."
"Stop" I mumbled, enjoying this verbal sex way too much.
"Come on, I know you wanna be my hands right now, so why dont you?" he asked with a smirk.
"Actually..." I said slowly. "I wanna see you satisfy yourself"
"You wanna see me jerk off?" he asked with a confused face.
"Satisfy yourself, jerk off, masturbate, I dont care"
"Are you serious?"
"As hell"
He thought about it for a second and then shook his head.
"No, that's too personal"
"Oh, please?" I begged.
"Some other time. I've got a headache" he said and realized that it was a cliché. "And you know that I'm not faking, I told you before that I had a headache!"
"I know, I know, don't worry... Well, I have to go to the hospital" I mumbled and he glanced nervously at me.
"You really want me to come with you, huh?" he asked and rubbed his temples.
"No, you can stay here... I mean, it's not important really, they're just gonna examine me and well, tell me if I'm... If I'm dying or not" I stuttered and made my way towards the door. Of course I wanted him to come with me. I needed his support right now but I couldnt force him to come if he had a headache.
"Give me two minutes, kay?"
"What?" I asked and turned around.
"You heard me. Dont sound so surprised, I'm not gonna let you go by yourself" he mumbled as he got dressed.
"But you-"
"Was acting like an asshole?"
"No, you said that you needed to stay here?"
"Like I said, I was acting like an asshole. I'll come with you" he said and pulled his shirt on, ran his hands through his hair and was pretty much ready to go.
"Thank you" I said and couldnt help but to hug him. "I love you"
"I love you too.. Now, let's go and find out about your existing-or-not-existing disease"

It was moments like these when I loved his mood-swings. He could go from comforting me, to almost jerking off in the bed and then back to serious. I know that most people would get very confused and even irritated, cause I certainly was in the beginning, but right now that was just what I needed. To be emotional and be able to switch mood whenever I felt like it and know that he was "following" it.