My Miserable Romance

Days are okay, minutes are freaky

~Gerard's POV~

"Tell me we're doing the right thing here" Frank said and gazed worridly into my eyes. It was the day after our tour had ended and he was on his way to his sisters house.
"We're doing the right thing" I assured him and he gave me a quick, almost awkward, kiss before starting to walk over to his car.
"Wait" I said and pulled him back into my arms.
"Gee, I have to-" he started but I interrupted by pressing my lips onto his. If we're not gonna see each other for a month, I need a proper kiss good bye, without any awkwardness in it. I carefully slipped my tongue passed his lips and felt his body relax in my arms. The last month that we had spent on tour had been filled with uncomfortable silences, trembling kisses and a lot of unspoken questions and all I could do was to pray that all of that would be gone as soon as we'd had some time-off.
He dropped the bag he was carrying in his hand on the ground and pushed my head closer to his, adding more pressure to the kiss before letting go of me.
"Don't do anything stupid" he said with a smile on his lips.
"Like what?"
"I wont give you any tips"
"God, I'll miss you"
"Same here..."
He went to say good bye to the guys that were standing behind us, then gave me one last hug before disappearing into his car.

"Aaaand he's gone" Bob stated as the car drove around a corner. I sighed and followed them all up to Mikeys apartment, secretly wishing that Frank had forgotten one of his bags so he would come back again, but he didnt.

~Two weeks later~

"Gosh, can you look a little more depressed?" Mikey giggled and punched me playfully on the arm.
"Leave your brother alone, Mikey" Annie said and pushed away Mikey from me. "How are you doing, sweetie?" she asked me and took my hand.
"Tired. I can't sleep at nights" I mumbled and glared at Mikey who started laughing.
"What a cliché, Gee" he giggled.
"I didnt say that it was because of Frank now, did I?"
"Oh sorry.. Why cant you sleep then?"
"Cause I miss Frank!" I whined and Mikey started laughing again, but stopped when he got a pillow in his face from Annie.
"Don't mock him, honey" she said sternly but there was a hint of a smile in her face that made them both laugh.
"Screw you guys" I muttered but it felt kinda good to hang around with them. They didnt seem to care that I'd been in their apartment or maybe they were just great actors... Anyways, at least they accepted that I was sad all the time and didnt try to cheer me up, probably cause Mikey knew that it wouldnt help anyway.

They both disappeared out in the kitchen and I closed my eyes, desperate to get some sleep. I lied to Mikey, it wasnt cause I miss Frank. I mean, I miss him but that's not why I can't sleep. I didnt know what it was, but I wasnt tired at nights, the tiredness first hit me when the sun came up and then it was impossible for me to sleep, so it was kind of an evil circle of insomnia.

"Gee, phone!" Mikey yelled from the kitchen and I leaned over to grab the phone of the table.
"I'll take it in here!" I yelled back and put the phone to my ear. "Mom?" I asked into it, cause she was the only one that called.

"It's not your mom, fuckface"
"Oh, it's you" I sighed as I recognized the voice as Lisa.
"Where's Frank?"
"That's none of your business"
"Ah, which means that you don't know where he is?"
"Well, no, I dont" I said truthfully. I have no idea of where his sister lives.
"So you're not together?"
"We're on a break" [A/N; LOL, Friends - "We were on a break" with Rachel and Ross XD]
"Is that so... Well, how come you dont know where he is?"
"I know where he is, but I dont know the address"
"Ah, sure you do" she said sarcastically and all I wanted was to hang up.
"Don't take this the wrong way, but I'm gonna hang up cause you're annoying"
"How can I take that the right way?"
"Don't know, don't care. Take it any way you want" I said and laughed at the sentence.
"Before you hang up, there's something I want you to know"
"Okay?"
"Frank has been at my house a couple of times, moaning about his relationship with you... Guess he's not happy with you, ey?" she said and I knew that she was smirking right now.
"My god... Are you serious?" I asked in mocked shock. That stupid cow... Frank left the day after we came home from tour and he spent that day with me. I think I would've noticed if he disappeared a few times to go and talk to Lisa.
"Yep" she said proudly.
"I... I dont know what to say... I mean, shit... He said that he was over you, but I guess he lied... This can't be happening! My boyfriend's lying to me, my brother died last night and I have tuberculosis... I, I- I have to go, Lisa. Thank's for telling me... I'm gonna go and end my misery" I sobbed dramaticly.
"No, Gerard-" she started but I hung up. Sucker.

"Ah, your brother died last night?" Mikey asked and I jumped up by surprise.
"Lisa was being a pain in the ass so I might have exaggerated a bit"
"You don't say" he laughed. "What did she say?"
"She wanted to know where Frankie is and to tell me that he has been over at her place, complaining about how things are between him and me" I said and laughed when I saw Mikeys lips curl up in a smile. He knew that she was lying.
"I don't understand that woman... She was so nice when they were together"
"What woman?" Annie asked and appeared in the door way to their living room.
"No one"
"No, now you got me all curious.. Tell me!"
"We were just talking about Mikeys misteress" I said and ducked to avoid Mikeys fist.
"Ha, Mikey doesnt have a misteress" Annie said with a smirk. "He wouldn't dare"
"Wow, I can see who's the boss in your relationship" I said and smirked at Mikey, who blushed.
"Says the one who's depressed cause his boyfriend's out of town" he responded.
"Well, at least I'm being bossed around by a man"
"Hey!" Annie exclaimed.
"Sorry"
"And by the way, I'm not bossing Mikey around. I'm just telling what he can and can not do"
"Ah, cause there's obviously a difference" I said with a serious voice.
"I liked you better when you were depressed instead of being a freakin' smartass" Annie laughed and ruffled up my hair before leaving the room.
"Your girlfriend's cool" I stated and Mikey beamed at me.
"I know!"
"But my boyfriend's cooler"
"You just want me to insult Frank so you can go and tell on me"
"Exactly"
"You're evil, Gerard"
"I know, Mikes" I said and looked at my watch.
"Please tell me you're not counting the hours until he gets back..." Mikey groaned.
"I'm not" I said. "I'm counting the minutes"
"You're kidding, right?"
"Of course I am" I said sarcastically. "But I am counting the days, just so you know it"
"Days are okay, minutes are freaky... When is he coming home then?"
"Sixteen days"
"That's not long... Okay, quick math; Sixteen times twentyfour is uh... Calculator"
"It's like... 350 hours" I said, being the math-freak I am. [A/N; I dont know what 16x24 is and I'm too lazy to go and get a calculator, but I think it's something around 350...]
"Why don't you call him?" Mikey asked.
"No, I dont wanna bother him..."
"I'm sure he wont mind" he said with a smirk, probably knowing that Frank missed me just as much as I missed him.
"No, I can't call him, that would ruin everything. And it would just make me miss him even more anyway"
"Whatever you say... Are you sure you two can make this work?"
"I hope so"
"Why don't you just give up?"
I know he wasnt intending it to sound negative in any way, so I decided to take his question seriously.
"Would you? If you loved someone more than yourself and got another chance to make things right? Would you give up?"
"I guess not" he said and looked embarrassed, probably cause we were talking about such a serious issue. "But all the shit you've gone through... Isn't it hard to just start over?"
I shrugged. I didnt know what to answer. I guess it's gonna be hard to forget everything that have happend and to avoid that it doesnt repeat itself, but still. This is all I ever wanted; I had the opportunity to have a better life without depression, alcohol and fights.