My Miserable Romance

Interview?

I drummed on my legs in pure boredom as we were on our way to the Mtv studio. It was raining outside, heavy raindrops running down the car windows, hypnotizing me to look at the just to have something to do.

"Stop with the drumming, you're not even in a steady beat" Bob said from the passenger seat to me.
I sighed and stopped with the annoying sound and instead glanced at Mikey, who was half asleep next to me. God, I'm bored...

"Stop stareing at me" Mikey said even though he had his eyes closed and I jumped a little by surprise.
"Fine" I mumbled and returned to look out the window.
"Are we there yet?" Gerard whined from the drivers seat and looked at Bob, who was he map reader.
"I have no idea... I don't know whether we're suppose to turn right or left, cause this map is confusing the shit out of me" Bob sighed and gave Ray the map. "Do you know where we are?"
"Not exactly, all I know is that we were suppose to be there in two hours" Ray said and looked at the map. "Why are we on the east side of the river, by the way? The studio's on the north"
"Dammit, Bob!" Gerard exclaimed and made a U-turn.
"Calm down... Celebrities are suppose to be late" Bob said with a bored voice.
"But I'm the one that has to take the shit later"
"What makes you think that?"
"I'm the frontman, I'm the one they're gonna blame"
"That's what you get for forcing me into being the map reader"
"Well, I thought you'd be better than the others but no, you just had to prove me wrong"
"You're just mad cause you had to drive a few more minutes than what you're suppose to"
"Few more minutes? We've lost at least half an hour!"

I thought about stopping them from fighting so they wouldnt get too mad at each other but this was the most not-boring thing that had happend since we left so I decided not to.

"Guys, stop fighting" Ray said and leaned over to smack them both on their heads. Damn you, Ray... You ruined my entertainment.
"Ow, Toro!" Gerard groaned. "Can someone else drive? I'm in a bad mood and I have the worst headache ever"
"I can drive" Ray muttered reluctantly and Gerard stopped the car.
"Thanks" he said and they switched places without leaving the car, acting very disrespectfull towards the rest of us cause we were the one that they had to step on, seeing that the car was kinda cramped.
"Mikey, move" Gerard demanded so he could sit next to me.
"No"
"Mikey, please? I'm in a bad mood"
"That doesnt work on me, Gee... Sometimes I think you forget that I'm your brother and that I know all your tricks"
"Pleeeeease!"
"Noooooooo. Leave me alone, I wanna sleep"
"Fine" Gerard muttered and sat down next to Mikey. "I'm too tired anyway"
"How come everyone's tired?" Ray asked. "I'm not tired..."
"Me neither. It's the three grumpy dudes in the back that is tired" Bob said and looked at Mikey, Gerard and me in the rear-view mirror. I glanced at Gerard, who noticed it and grinned. We both knew why we were tired. We'd been up all night and... well, let's just say that it would be rather painfull to jump around on stage right now after the nights activities.

Two hours and twenty minutes later, we were finally at the Mtv studio where we were gonna perform.

"My Chemical Romance?" a girl with a headset on her head asked as we all walked into the doors. We nodded and she waved at us to follow her.
"Here's the dressing room" she said and pointed at a door that had our bandname on. "Change quickly, cause you guys are really late. I'll come and get you in ten minutes"
"Thanks" Ray said cause there was no one else who had the strength to talk. This show would probably be our worst ever, no one actually felt like playing.

We walked into the door and changed into out stage clothes as fast as possible and we were just about done when the girl with the headset came back.
"Come on, come on, come on!" she said, sounding stressed. I sighed and followed her out the room and she led us through some corridors until we stopped.
"Go through here and you'll get to the stage. When the light's on, you start playing, alright?"
"No, what song are we gonna play?" Ray asked quickly before she had the chance to disappear.
"I dont know, you can choose" she said and ran off.
"Headfirst for Halos!" I said eagerly but of course no one agreed with me except for Gerard.
After debatting for a few seconds, we all agreed to play `I never told you what I do for a livingĀ“, which was cool cause I couldnt help but to love when Gerard growled in that song.
"Thank you for choosing a hard song for me to sing when I'm this tired" he muttered to us before we walked on stage. It wasnt even a stage, it was just an empty space with cameras surrounding it.
"I thought you said it would be a show" I said to Gerard when all the camera men started filming.
"Blame Mikey. He was the one who said it to me. Apparently we're just suppose to play infront of cameras..." he responded and then walked away from me to take his mic. I tuned my guitar a bit and then we all started playing.

I knew that we all, or at least three of us, were tired but shit, we sucked. Mikey kept messing up, Gerard sang false, I fell into Bobs drums which caused us both to get our instruments out of tune. Ray was the only one that didnt mess up, he just laughed at us everytime we did something wrong like it didnt matter even if we were being filmed. Gerard had no energy what so ever left when we were halfway into the song so I decided to do help him with the singing. I bounced over to him with my guitar, which I really shouldnt play on cause I had broke the neck so everytime I hit the strings, a terrible sound came from it but I kept hitting it anyway. He looked at me nervously as I placed myself next to him, probably thinking that I would try do to something with him just to show the cameras that we were together, but I just smiled and started screaming even though I didnt have any mic.
I felt his hand on my ass so I quickly jumped away from him, not wanting him to do anything he really didnt want to and I started playing next to Ray instead.

"Stop playing!" Ray demanded, which was pretty hard to hear over the noice my guitar made everytime I touched any of the strings. I threw my hands up in defeat and instead started jumping around like a tornado on stage just to have something to do. I ended up standing next to Bob, who looked annoyed over my presence, probably cause I'd ruined the drums before so I ran over to Gerard before Bob would throw his drumssticks at me.
Gerard gave me a smile before suddenly deciding to start acting out the song lyrics on me.

"Down..." he screamed into the mic and put a hand on my chest. "And down we go" he slid it down to my stomach. "And down we go" down to my hip. "And down we go..." and then reaching my thigh. "And we all fall down"
He started doing that irresistable growl into the mic and I jumped away so I wouldnt get too excited infront of the cameras, plus - it still felt like he was just touching me and stuff to prove to me that he wanted the media to know about us, which I knew he didnt.

*

"Good job, Toro. You were the only one that actually played the song right!" I laughed as we were all in the dressing room.
"Hey, I would've played just as good as Toro if someone wouldn't have messed up my drums" Bob muttered and glared at me.
"Oh come on, Bob... You did good anyway" I said and waved off his anger. The door opened and a brown-haired, young man came in with a notebook in his hands.
"Mr Way?" the man asked and looked at Gerard, who nodded. "I'm Dan Smith, I'm the one who's gonna interview you"
"Interview? I didnt know I was going to be interviewed..." Gerard groaned and rubbed his temples. "Okay fine, for how long?"
"Maybe an hour"
Gerard groaned again before following the man out the door.
"I'll see you guys at home, I'll take the bus or something, you dont need to wait for me" he said before closing the door behind him.

"You all heard the man, let's go" Ray said and we all started walking out. We were just about to reach the entrance doors when I felt a hand around my arm. I turned around and saw Gerard, looking quite angry, even furious.
"Arent you suppose to be interviewed?"
"No" he murmured and followed us to the car. I glanced at him and tried to figure out why he was looking so mad but he just kept his eyes glued to something infront of him as to calm himself down. We reached the car and I climbed in with Mikey behind me. Gerard shot Mikey a threatfull look and Mikey immediatly moved, knowing that this time Gerard would beat him up if he didnt obey.

"What's up with him?" Mikey whispered quietly in my ear as they switched places.
"I dont know" I whispered back and then turned my head to look at Gerard. I was now sitting in the middle, between Mikey and Gerard. Gerard was leaning his head against the window, stareing out at the sky that was now dark and full of stars. I put my hand on his shoulder to make him look at me. He did and to my surprise, he looked pale as a ghost.
I looked at him for a few seconds, not really registrating what was happening but then quickly snapped out of it and pulled him away from the window and made him lean against me. Bob and Mikey looked at us worridly and I gave them a face to make them understand that I had no idea of what was going on either.

"Shh honey..." I whispered in Gerard ear and he buried his head into my neck. "What happend?"
Something must've happend during the short time when he walked away with the interviewer cause he didnt show any sign of being either mad or sad before that. He was probably not listening to me or maybe he just didnt feel like talking so he didnt answer. I shivered as I felt his tears roll down my neck and into my shirt and I put my hand under his chin to lift his head up to look at me.
"Gerard?" I asked softly but he just twisted his head away from my hand and buried it once again in my shoulder. "Please, tell me what happend"

I started to feel quite desperate by now, he had been silent for an hour. I had given up on talking to him because everytime I did, it felt like I was pushing him, which he obviously didnt want to so I just whispered some random things in his ear and stroke him over the back.

"I'm okay" he finally said and my head jerked up by surprise. "I was just shocked"
"What happend?" I asked softly and shifted position. I didnt wanna do that before, in fear that Gerard would take it as I was uncomfortable and pull away from me so I had been in the same position for an hour now.
He lifted his head to look at me and it almost made me cry as well when I saw the fear and sadness in his eyes.
"I... He wasnt an interviewer, Frankie" he said, his voice shaking. Embarrassed over his behaviour, he turned away to look out the window instead of me, like I thought less of him cause he was scared. Sometimes I think he's too proud and too dignified for his own good.
"You're really freaking me out, Gee. What did he do to you?"
"N-nothing" he sighed and I knew he was just saying that so I would stop asking.
"You better tell me later or I'll have to drag it out of you" I said but he didnt answer. I looked at Mikey who was looking pretty shaken over how his older brother was acting, which made me even more worried. Mikey was use to Gerard's breakdowns, I mean, they have lived together their whole lifes and if even Mikey was shocked, then there was definately a reason for me to be it.