My Miserable Romance

Bad publicity.

Ray, Mikey and Bob had, in some way, managed to get Frank to stay with them outside. I thought about running back outside to resque him but decided that I was too tired and too cold. I ran into the apartment, undressed myself and jumped into the bathroom. I needed a shower so badly right now. My whole body was wet, thanks to Mikeys vicious plan of throwing snow at me, and I was almost shaking by now.

"Gerard?" I heard someone, well, Frank call from the other side of the door and I turned off the water. My skin was red of the steaming water, but I could barelly feel it; my skin was still kinda numb.
"Yeah?" I asked whilst wrapping a towel around my waist.
"Just checking"
"Where are the guys?" I asked through the bathroom door. I didn't feel like walking around half naked if they were around, ready to throw snow at me that they had brought from outside.
"They went home" he said, his voice sounded a bit more distant now, like he was in the kitchen or living room, so I walked out there. I found him lying on the couch, desperately covering himself in every blanket we had.
"Cold?"
"A little"
"Why don't you take a shower? It helps"
"I'm too cold"
I laughed and sat down next to him and he immediatly crawled up against me, leaning his head against my chest.
"Arh, you're cold!" I shrieked as his cold, wet hair touched my, until now, warm chest.
"Sorry" he laughed and brushed away his hair. "I don't want you to be cold but you're my last hope right now"
"You can still take a shower"
"I could... But I wont... So I'll let your body heat warm me up" he smiled and put one arm around me, to get even closer to me.
"I feel so used" I said, but adjusted the blankets to cover him. He had stopped shaking and for a minute, I thought he was asleep, but noticed that his finger was gently drumming on my thigh, like it always did when he had a certain song stuck in his head.
"Wait..." I said slowly, recognizing the beat. "Cemetery drive?"
"What?" he asked and I gestured at his still drumming finger. "Ah, no. Early sunsets"
He stopped the drumming and he stuck his arms under the blanket and slid down to rest his head in my lap. I smiled at him, running my fingers over his face and he gazed up at me. I loved how he looked at me nowadays with so much emotions in his eyes. They showed so much, love, lust, respect and a lot more that I couldn't figure out what it was, but it still make me feel like I meant everything to him and I can't say that those feelings weren't mutual. I seriously doubt that I would be able to live without him anymore. Normally, that thought would scare the shit out of me and I would be on my way out the door right now, but to know that I could have him with me for the rest of my life made me stay with him - I only had to ask.

But not now.

"Where are you gonna spend Christmas Eve at?" I asked and his face changed from a smile to a bitter look.
"Here"
"Alone?"
"If you wont be here, then yes"
"I would love to, but I havent seen my parents in over a year and they wont let me get away" I said. "You can come too if you want?"
"I don't know..." he said uncertainly. "I don't wanna break your family traditions and stuff"
"The only tradition we have is for me and dad to get really drunk, and that won't be happening this year. Please, come with me?"
"But it's your parents and all... What if they won't like that we're going out?"
"What's there not to like? They know that I'm gay and let's face it, my mom wishes that you were her son too. And you kinda are... You were at our house all the time"
"Alright then. But if your father tried to kill me, I'll hide behind you"
"My father wont try to kill you. Might beat you up a little, but nothing serious" I laughed and he sat up and kissed me.
"Are you done with all your christmas shopping anyway?" he asked.
"Yeah, you?"
"Yep"

~Christmas Eve~ [A/N, I told you there would be a lot of time-skipping]

Mikey, Frank and I were on our way to my parents place and I was the one that had to drive. Mikey and Frank were having some stupid fight about telling the media about Frank and me, but I couldn't care less, even though the fight involved me as well.
"But it would be bad publicity!" Mikey whined.
"Since when did you care about that?" Frank snarled. Good thing that Mikey were in the passenger seat and Frank in the back, otherwise they'd probably start fighting physically.
"Mikey, I'm just as worried as you are about it but can't you just please support us in this?" I asked, hoping that I made it sound like I wasnt on any particular side.
"Fine. Tell the media, tell everyone you know, I don't care" Mikey sighed.
"We're not gonna announce it yet anyway" Frank said and I smiled when I heard that both of them had calmed down. "Gerard doesnt think we can handle the pressure"
"Good thinking, Gee" Mikey said and the two of them were at it again. I thought about starting to scream at them to shut up but didn't wanna ruin the last christmas feeling that I had inside, even though they'd managed to make me slight pissed off.
"We're here" I yelled to make myself heard over their voices.
"Finally!" Frank exclaimed and jumped out of the car. "You're brother's a jerk sometimes"
"You're boyfriend's a bigger jerk sometimes" Mikey said to me and they glared at each other before starting to laugh.
"I'm sorry, Frankie" Mikey laughed and hugged him.
"I'm sorry too, Mikes" Frank responded. I can't understand how they manage to do that...
"Come on, mom's waiting for us" I said and we walked towards the door.