My Miserable Romance

That's right, Gee.

We all know that Micheal's in love, but what about you two?" dad asked and could feel the potatoe get stuck in my throat.
"Wh-what?" I coughed out, getting slight smothered.
"Yeah, Donna told me you'd met some guy and Iero too" he continued and I realized that he wasn’t talking about me and Frank being together, he was just talking about our love life, whatever that meant.
"Oh, well... It's nothing really. We both succeeded to find some decent people" I said vaguely and saw Frank in the corner of my eye staring down at his plate. Maybe we should just tell them now... We'd talked about it and both agreed to tell them when we left, cause we didn’t wanna ruin the evening for them if they disagreed and if we told them later, my father wouldn’t have a chance to freak out on us.

"Decent people? That's all you can say? Come on, tell us! Who are they, names, descriptions, how did you meet, all of those things" mom said excitingly. "It must be someone really special, I've never seen you this happy, Gerard. You talk, smile and even laugh, something I thought you'd forgot how to do"
I could see that Frank had a hard time with holding back a smile, desperately focusing on his food so my parent wouldn’t notice. They didn't, they were both staring at me, waiting for me to start spilling about my new, wonderful boyfriend.

But really, was I that depressed back then? Apparently... Everyone keeps telling me how happy I look and I guess I am. There's always something wrong, always a problem, but that's just life so I'm at the top of the world right now compared to what I used to be.

"I read something in a magazine..." my dad started but my mom shot her elbow in his ribs, making him gasp in pain. "Donna!"
"Don't bug them about that, I'm sure it's not even true" she said reproachfully.
"I never said that it was, but they deserve to know the consequences of their charades on stage" dad said matter of factly before turning to me. "I don't see why you two have to kiss on stage, that's all I have to say. There are a lot of rumours about you two being a couple and god knows what..."

I saw Frank shift awkwardly in his chair and my mom raised her eyebrow.
"I... We'll talk about this later, alright?" I stated and we got back to our food. My parents babbled on about everything and nothing, completely dropping the last issue and I felt a wave of relief hit me. It's not that I'm afraid that they'd think it's wrong, but more afraid of losing them. I don't want then to be mad at me for being in love with Mikey's best friend, which is also my best friend... but they see him as Mikeys.

"Why don't you boys go inside the living room and sit down while me and your father takes care of the dishes" mom said, which resulted in my dad frowning at her. "Don't give me that look, dear. I don't wanna do the dishes by myself"
"Fine, I'll help you. You boys are so lucky" he sighed and followed mom out in the kitchen while Frank and I walked inside the living room.
I was just about to sit down in the huge couch when Frank stopped me with his hand grabbing my arm.
"Wha-" I asked but had to shut up when his lips crashed onto mine. I smiled and felt his tongue against my lips, but refused to open my mouth. He tried for several seconds without succeeding. I could tell by his way of pinching me that he was quite desperate to get a proper kiss before my parents would enter the room, but I found it amusing to see him struggle.
"Oww!" I gasped, involuntarily opening my mouth as his foot fiercefully stamped on mine. He made a high-pitched giggled and quickly sneaked his tongue into mine, wrapping his arms around my neck.

We heard foot steps walking from the kitchen and we quickly broke apart the same moment my parents came in. I wiped away the saliva from my mouth and Frank sat down on the couch.

"You think I didn't see that?"
My head jerked up to look at my dad, who was smiling, almost beaming at both Frank and me.
"Saw what?" I asked innocently.
"You kissed!" mom exclaimed and I could tell that she was happy. "The rumours are true! Aw, how perfect!"
"Well..." I said and smiled back. "I don't know what to say..."
"You don't have to say anything! I always knew Frankie had something for you" mom said and blinked at an embarrassed Frank. "But what I didn't know was if you felt the same... And you did!"
"So you're both fine with it?"
"Of course!" dad laughed. "Good thing Micheal's giving me some grandkids, cause you're not gonna give me anyone" he added.
"Hey, I can still give you grandkids" I laughed, feeling relieved that they took it this good.
"You mean, adopting?"
"No, I'm freakin' pregnant... Of course I mean adopting"
"You're gonna adopt?" mom shrieked but both me and Frank shook our heads.
"God no, not now!"
"Arh, dammit. Then I just have to wait nine months" dad said and then started walking towards the stairs. "Ah well, I'm going to bed. Merry christmas once again"
"Typical him, he has to sleep right after a meal" mom sighed. "Oh well, Gerard, do you mind helping me with the last dish?"
"Not at all" I said and got up from the couch. "I'll be right back" I said to Frank, but he was deeply concentrated in one of my dads teenage magazines, so he wasnt listening.

"You know I'm happy for both you and Frankie, but I still need to talk to you about it" she said as soon as we entered the kitchen, when Frank couldn't hear us. I nodded, understanding that she had questioned about it.
"I'm listening"
"I'm begging you not pull him down in your problems, Gerard"
"My problems?"
"Drugs, alcohol, depression, you name it. You've been through it all and Frank's such an innocent boy and he's so young. He's probably been in love with you for a long time and if you asked him, he would kill himself for you"
"I know, but what's this got to do with my past?"
"It got a lot to do with your past, son. Don't mess him up"
"What makes you think that I'm gonna mess him up?" I asked, feeling slight sick of asking her questions without getting any real answers.
"Gerard, don't play oblivious with me. Frank's been through a lot-"
"Mom seriously, what's your point?"
"My point is that I'm scared of having another suicidal son, cause that's what he is to me and you know that"
"You think that I'll make him depressed?"
"Yes" she said and exhaled deeply. "I know that you're not taking this just as seriously as I could've wished for, but think about it. You still have some bad habits left and I don't want you to pass them on to Fra-"
"That's ridiculous!" I exclaimed.
"I'm just saying that he likes you a lot and that might turn into doing the same stuff as you"
"He's not a kid, he knows what's good for him" I said. "You don't have to worry, mom. I'll take good care of him"
"And that's all I wanted to hear" she said and put an arm on my shoulder. "Go back inside and I'll finish this" she added and gestured at the dirty plates.
"But-"
"Go"
"Fine" I said. It wasn’t like I was gonna insist on helping her cleaning up anyway.

"So you're gonna take good care of me, huh?" Frank asked as soon as I walked into the living room.
"You heard?"
"You've got some pretty thin walls" he laughed. "And I can assure you that I won't start doing drugs"
"Don't tell me, tell her!" I said and grinned at him before dramatically collapsing in his lap.
"Ow!" he groaned and I adjusted myself so I had my head in his lap.
"That's for when you stepped on my foot earlier"
"You know I love you even though I stepped on your foot, right?"
"I'm starting to doubt it, but I guess..."
"Tell me that you know that I love you"
"But I don't wanna lie to you" I smirked at him but stopped when he pinched me in the ear. "Frankie!"
"I'm sorry, did I hurt you?"
"Yes!"
"Tell me that you know that I love you or I'll do it again"
"Okay, fine. I know that you love me... But I don't love you anymore"
"Aw, what made you change? My ear-pinching?"
"Yes"
"Oh well. I won't allow you to leave me anyway"
"Who said that I was gonna leave you? I just said that I didn’t love you anymore"
"Okay, here we go" he said and pushed me up in a sitting position on the couch. He put a hand on my cheek, carefully turning my head to look at him and then gently placing his lips onto mine. I closed my eyes and tilted my head slightly. A warm feeling on my lips informed me that he wasn’t just giving me a peck, he wanted to go deeper. This time I parted my lips instantly - I wasn’t really in the mood of playing games, I just wanted to show how much I loved him in this kiss, which was impossible. I shivered as his fingers ran up my spine to my neck and then finally resting on the back of my head. His tongue was swirling around in my mouth, massaging my own tongue and I felt that if I died now, I would die happy. I'm not sure I can be even more in love with him, I'm already going insane every time we kiss. Everything about him was so loveable, especially his kisses. Without thinking, I had allowed him to push me down to lie on the couch with him on top of me. It was a stupid idea, I knew that but I'm kinda stupid, so I decided not to stop this.

"We can't" he mumbled and pulled away from me.
"I know and I kinda hate you right now for giving me false hope"
"So first you just don’t love me and now you hate me?"
"Yep"
"You bastard"
"Ah, I love when you talk dirty"
"I wasn’t-"
"Frankie?"
"Yes?"
"I love you" I said and laughed at his confused face.
"I love you too" he said and attacked my hands with his own, playing with them like a baby does.
"What are you doing?"
"Giving you a hand massage... Or no, I'm not cause I don't know how to do that"

"Hey guys, I'm back!" Mikey yelled a few minutes later from the door. "Her parents threatened to kill me if I didn't leave her alone so I decided it was a lot safer to come back here"
"You're brother's smart" Frank laughed and I nodded.
"He got the brains, I got the looks"
"I can see that"
"Did you just call me stupid or good looking?"
"Both"
"Ah... I can live with that" I smirked and Mikey entered the room.
"What's up, dudes?"
"No Mikey, what's up with you? You're acting... Strange" I asked.
"That's because I'm a father, dumbass! Father's are suppose to be strange"
"Technically, you're not a father yet"
"Shut up, Gee. I'm a father"
"Fine, you're a father of an embryo"
"Pff” Mikey snorted. ”Hey, have you told mom and dad about you two?” he asked when he saw that we weren’t exactly hiding our love at the moment.
“Yeah. She gave me a weird speech about not making Frankie depressed” I said and put my arm around Franks neck. “Like I’m ever gonna hurt this wonderful creature”
“Then I guess she told you about our conversation we had a long time ago?”
“No? What?”
“Oh, nothing” Mikey said and turned to look at the doorway, probably wishing that mom would enter so he didn’t have to explain his thoughts. “If she didn’t say it, then there’s no need for me either”
“Tell me! What conversation? You and mom had a conversation about me? When? Why?” I asked curiously.
“I… It doesn’t matter anymore” he shrugged.
“Well, if it doesn’t matter, then you can tell me!”
“Uhm…” he said, thinking about what I just said. “I guess”
“So, why were you talking about me?”
“We weren’t talking about just you, we talked about Frankie too. Mom and I both knew that he had feelings for you and we were discussing if you two would end up together”
“And what did you came up with?”
“That it was a bad idea” he said, acting a bit shy. “But as I said, it doesn’t matter anymore”
“Why did you think that it would be a bad idea? Because I wouldn’t be good for him?”
“Arh, I knew I shouldn’t have told you! Now you’re just overreacting and shit…” Mikey sighed and went to sit next to Frank on the couch, but I wanted to know.
“I’m not overreacting about anything, I just wanna know, Mikes. Did you both think that I would have bad influence on Frank?”
“Yes” he said truthfully. “But we were proved wrong, and I’m more than happy about that”
“Ah, so I suddenly have good influence on him?”
“Well, he hasn’t changed too much… But you have, so I guess you’re natural while he got good influence on you”
“That’s right, Gee… I made you a better man, but you didn’t give me a shit!” Frank said dramatically in mocked sadness.
“I’ve given you a lot of stuff”
“Like?”
“Like a great experience…”
“If you’re talking about sex right now, I’m out of here!” Mikey exclaimed but I shook my head.
“Don’t worry, we’ll quit”