My Miserable Romance

To the end.

The eight of us; Ray, Frank, I and Ray’s new girlfriend Lucy, jumped out of the car when we finally arrived to the venue. The fans were already there, waving and screaming their love out to us. I laughed at their hysteria and saw Mikey, Bob, Bob’s girlfriend Bella and Annie hop out of their car behind us. It would’ve been dark outside if there haven’t been all the neon lights everywhere on the skyscrapers. I looked at Frank, who walked up to the fence that the fans were standing behind.

“Frank, we gotta go!” I called and he made a deep bow to the fans before bouncing over to me. A man with a black suit came and escorted us inside a building and quickly led us passed the fans to get backstage. There were a lot of other bands there, but we were probably the most famous, seeing that we got to play from 11.50 to 00.10.
“I’ve changed my mind, I love New Years Eve” I heard Frank’s voice say before jumping up on my back. I laughed and turned my head so he could kiss me on the lips, which he immediately did. We got some few ‘buh’s’ from the other bands. Note to self, kick their unfamous arses later… It was just eleven pm, so we had about 50 minutes until we had to get on stage.

“Frankie, get off my poor brother’s back so we can go and found somewhere to sit” Mikey said and Frank slowly slid down my back, making sure to really let me feel his body against mine. I laughed and he pouted when he realized his teasings didn’t work.
“Wait until later, sexy…” I whispered seductively in his ear. He shivered slightly when he felt my breath in his air and I laughed before pushing him gently towards the direction that the guys had went – and girls, of course. I didn’t know either Bella or Lucy, but knew from Ray and Bob that they’d been friends before they met the guys. Bob and Ray had met them at some club a few weeks ago, but just like Mikey, they decided not to tell us about their girlfriends until they were really sure they wouldn’t get dumped because of us.

I walked in with Frank’s hand in mine into the lounge room where the rest of the bands, including ours, were seated, just drinking, laughing and talking. We sat down in one of the couches, and even though the one Frank and I was sharing was empty, I pulled him down in my lap.
“You know what?” he asked and turned his head to look at me, and I shook my head. “It’s fucking New Years Eve!”
“I know…” I said slowly. “What about it? You’ve experienced it twenty times already”
“But… But this time it’s with you!” he laughed and if I didn’t knew better, I would’ve thought that he had been drinking. “Aw, I love you!”
“Are you high?” I asked worriedly.
“No” he giggled and when he noticed my face he stopped. “I’m not, I’m just happy”
“Good” I said and wrapped my arms around him. I would’ve known is he was high anyway… After all, I was an old druggie - I knew how to see if you were on drugs.
He put his head on my shoulder, baring his throat to everyone else in the room, which must be terribly uncomfortable. I snuffed in his scent and placed my lips on his neck. He quickly shifted his head to his expose the skin on his neck, making it easier for me to continue and I playfully nibbled on him with my teeth. In the corner of my eye, I could see the rest of the couples doing some similar stuff, and I was happy that we all had someone now. Not just because our band mates would leave us alone whenever we snuggled on the couch, but also because I knew it would make them happy. The sound of fire works could be heard from outside and I felt Frank’s body tense up. He was already excited about New Years Eve, and we haven’t even gotten up on stage yet… Gosh, I hope he won’t get a heart attack on stage.
“Fuck!” I exclaimed when a thought hit me. “Hey guys, I need to talk to y’all” Frank got off of my lap and I stood up. “In private” I added when they all waited for me to continue. They shrugged and followed me to the corner of the room, but I turned around and put a hand on Frank’s chest.
“Not you, love. You just have to wait with the girls”
“Bastard” he muttered but ran back to the girls. I turned to look at Mikey.
“You can join him” I said, grinning. Mikey really couldn’t keep a secret and that is exactly what this is – a secret.
“I’ll have to agree with Frank; bastard” he said and I laughed as he walked over to Frank.
“What is it, Gee?” Ray asked and I looked at my two band mates.
“Alright, you two are the first one to know and I need you to keep it that way. You can’t tell anyone about this”
“Fine, we won’t”
So I told them. And when that was done, I had to tell them the thing I needed to tell them in the beginning, which I couldn’t tell them before they knew the other thing. [A/N; confused much?]

“I’m not talking to you” Frank said in a mocked pout and turned away his head from me as the three of us came back. I rolled my eyes and sat down next to him on the couch, and he quickly moved a few centimetres away from me.
With a smirk, I placed my hand on his thigh, pressing him down to stay as I moved closer to him.
“Of course you are” I whispered in his ear. “You can’t resist me”
“Yes I can… Unless you wanna tell me what you were talking about, cause if you do there’s no need for me resist you”
“Well… We were talking about their girlfriends”
“You’re lying”
“I know” I said and brushed away the hair from his face. “But I can’t tell you. I want to, but I can’t”
“Will I ever find out?”
“Yes”
“Alright then”
“See? You can’t resist me…”
“Well, excuse me for not being able to do the impossible” he said with a smirk. “What’ya say about a short trip to the bathroom?”
“There’s no time, we’re going on stage in ten minutes”
“But,” he said and gave me a quick kiss. “What if,” another kiss. “We’ll do it,” another one. “Fast and… hard?”
“Fast and hard sex in a bathroom? How can I say no to that?” I mumbled as my lips hungrily attacked his. “Come on”
We got up from the couch, me with my arms around his neck and him with his hands on my ass. We didn’t even know where the bathroom was, so we just fumbled blindly through the randomly placed couches and tabled in the room. I kissed every piece of skin I could reach, producing a low moan escape from my lips as he grinded his hips into mine.
“Hey!” someone yelled from behind my back as I accidentally walked into them and I mumbled a sorry, which was drained by another moan. Where the fuck is that bathroom?! These pants are way too tight right now and I could feel that Frank was quite as excited as I was.
“Guys!” I heard Mikey yell and we reluctantly pulled away from each other.
“What?” Frank yelled back and Mikey gestured for us that it was time to get on stage. I groaned in frustration and gave Frank one last kiss before we followed them. Going on stage with a boner, we’re such idiots…

“Mikey, what city are we in?” I asked as we were walking out on the stage.
“New York” he said quickly and I nodded gratefully.
“Hello New York!” I screamed. “Alright, just because of this glorious night, we’re gonna play two songs. One this year, and one next year, you got that? The first song’s from our last album and it’s called Helena!”
The chords strummed out and I fiddled with something in my pocket and sighed with relief before I started singing, it was still there. The song ended just in time, the big clock that had been set up was just a twenty seconds away from the new year and the whole audience helped me count down.
“HAPPY FUCKING NEW YEAR!” I yelled and the noise that came from the crowd was literally painful. They were screaming and cheering, hugging each other and it took them a while until they realized that we’d start playing again. Ray made up some fake intro, basically just strumming some chords so I could talk to the audience.
“Alright guys…” I said and walked around on the stage. “This song will be the first song you’ll hear this year, so you better love it! …’To the end’, motherfuckers!”

We got through the song without any major trouble, even though we all were jumping around like crazy, eager to get off stage so we could start celebrating on our own. As the last chorus was about to come, I gave Ray a quick glance and he nodded, knowing what he was suppose to do now.
My heart was beating like never before and it seriously felt like if I wouldn’t calm down, it would stop completely, but knew that there was no turning back now. I’d made my decision and both Bob and Ray had been informed, so even if I wanted to, I couldn’t change my mind.

I looked around the stage whilst singing to see Frank, but he was nowhere to be seen. I frowned, then spotting him on top of Bob’s drum set. What the hell… He was hitting his guitar so hard that one of the strings were off, helplessly hanging down from the instrument and I was afraid that he would fall down from the drums any second. With legs feeling like the loose string on Frank’s guitar, I nervously walked up to him. He gave me a warm smile before jumping down from the drums, looking quite confused when he saw my, what must’ve been, scared face. I’ve never been this nervous before and I heard that it was taking out it’s right on my voice when I sang.
“Lost in coma, and covered in cake. Increase the medication; share the vows at the wake” I sang and again fiddled with the thing in my pocket. Here it goes.
“If you marry me, would you bury me, would you carry me to the end?” I sang and got down on one knee in front of him. My head was spinning and I could no longer think clear. The roar of the crowd was filling my inside, and from a far distance, I heard Ray and Bob stop the music to play some random shit, just as I had asked them. Mikey was still playing ‘To the end’, but quickly followed Ray and Bob’s example when he realized what was going on. Afraid that I was gonna drop the small item in my pocket, but still sane enough to pick it up, I held the velvet box up for Frank to see it. I wasn’t looking at him, I kept my eyes straight down in the floor; it felt a lot safer than to look anywhere else. The dizziness got worse and worse until I had to close my eyes not to faint.

He’s not answering… That’s a bad sign, I think. Maybe he thinks I’m joking… Or maybe he just doesn’t get it. I ripped my eyes away from the floor, determined to see what was going on with him and slowly raised my head. His mouth was slightly open in contrast with his eyes, which looked like two tennis balls at the moment. I couldn’t tell what he was thinking, his eyes were staring emptily at the silver ring in the box and both of his arms dropped to his sides, finally letting his guitar rest.
He said something, but he didn’t have a mic, so I didn’t know what. I knew it wasn’t ‘yes’ nor ‘no’, cause I would’ve seen that on his lips. No, he was saying a full sentence, but what he said was a mystery – probably something like ‘are you kidding?”. I sighed in nervousness and picked up the mic to my mouth.
“Frankie…” I stammered, “Will you wake up every morning for the rest of our lives to see my fucking face next to you? In other words, marry me?”
He still had the shocked look upon his face and I thought I saw something flash in his eyes, but it disappeared as soon as it came. He made a lame gesture, showing me to give him the mic, and I did.
“As long as you’ll promise that I’ll wake up with a sore ass…” he grinned. “My answer’s yes”
My brain snapped instantly away from the trance of dizziness and I bounced up from the floor.
“Yes?”
“Yes” he said calmly and even though the audience was screaming at the top of their lungs, I couldn’t hear them anymore; I just looked at Frank with a doubtful look. He had walked away from me to give his guitar to one of the dudes behind the stage, but as soon as he was free from his instrument, he ran back to me and flung himself around my neck. He was almost strangling me from the force he was using, but I couldn’t, nor wouldn’t, push him away.
I was in some sort of trance again, but this time it was pure shock. Did he just agree to marry me? Well, he wouldn’t be clinging on my body if he would’ve said no, so I guess he did. That means that he’s my fiancé… And that I’m about to get married. To him. Okay, I think I’m slowly starting to understand. My arms that had slackly hanged down were now quickly wrapping around the small of his back and I finally realized the seriousness of the situation. He fucking said yes!

His head that had been buried in my neck was now slowly leaving it’s position to look at me, with eyes shining of tears and lips curled up in the biggest smile ever. The crowd’s screaming was slowly penetrating my ears until I couldn’t ignore it anymore, but I wasn’t gonna look at them, my eyes were staring at Frank’s face, taking in every wrinkles and birthmarks that I’d seen so many times before. But this time it felt so surreal, like I was staring at a photograph, to see a person that I loved and knew inside and out standing in front of me and know that he felt the same was something that I never thought could happen to me. Not to me, the screw up who couldn’t get a proper job, the miserable alcoholic who was a disgrace for the human kind.

**

I carefully touched his lips with my own, it felt like I was gonna ruin the moment if I simply started making out wildly, even though that was what I really wanted to do right now. Still with that beam, he pressed his lips harder against mine and then bending his legs before jumping up, wrapping his legs around my waist. My body was still weak and shaky from the nervousness I had experienced just a few seconds ago, so I stumbled in Bob’s direction, hitting my back in one of the cymbals. I turned my head slightly, without breaking the lip-contact I had with Frank, in Bob’s direction to give him an apologizing look, but he wasn’t there. Neither was Ray or Mikey. I laughed when I saw that we were alone on stage with the headlight on us and the crowd still roaring and screaming. Much to the crowd’s dismay, I made my way off the stage with Frank still in my arms.

“CONGRATULATIONS, BITCHES!” Mikey screamed as soon as we came back to the lounge room, where they sat and waited for us.
“Don’t call the lovebirds, bitches, Mikes” Ray laughed. “But hey, congratulations!”
“I call them whatever I want! And right now they’re bitches, cause I’m so happy!” Mikey said and grinned at us. “I’m still kinda upset that you didn’t tell me, Gee… I mean, I’m your brother!”
“I know, Mikes… But no offence, you would’ve ruined the whole surprise” I said and started giggling when I felt Frank’s nose digging into my hair.
“Yeah… I know.” he said with a nod. “Sorry, but I’m quite in shock right now…” he added. “So if you think that I’m acting weird, there’s my reason”
“Don’t worry, Mikes. You’re always acting weird” Ray said with a smirk and then Bob appeared in the doorway to the lounge room.
“Hey guys!” he screamed as he saw us. “Congratulations to you two!”
“Thanks Bob” I screamed back. Frank wasn’t really being social right now, so I was the one who had to talk.
“There’s an interviewer who wanna talk to us outside” Bob said and gave me a questioning look. “But you guys probably wanna be alone right now so what should I tell him?”
“Tell him to fuck off” I laughed and had to stop Frank from taking off my shirt then and there. “Do you mind waiting until we’re alone?”
“Yes” he panted. “I want you now”
“Frankie…” Mikey whined but Ray quickly made him shut up with a punch on the arm.
“The front man is telling you to fuck off” Bob said into a walkie-talkie that I hadn’t noticed before and I laughed as I heard that he was saying my exact words. Frank was now fiercefully kissing my neck, sucking and biting on every piece of skin and it wasn’t exactly making me irritated, but I really didn’t wanna get too excited until we’d got to our hotel, seeing that we all probably were gonna stay all night in New York, we didn’t feel like driving all the way home.
“For. Fuck’s. Sake. Frank” I said slowly and pushed him away from me in mocked anger. I glanced at Bob, Ray and Mikey, but they were all busy with their girlfriends, so I turned back my attention to Frank. He was standing in front of me, waiting patiently for me to tell him that it was okay for us to get out of here, but I just smirked at him. “You want me so badly right now, huh?”
“Fuck yes” he laughed. “But you make it sound so dirty, I just wanna spend some time alone with my fiancé…” he added and his face lit up as he spoke.
“Never forget that spending time alone with me is always dirty” I said and slowly moved closer to him. “But before we go, there’s something I have to do…”
“Well, do it then” he said and I turned to face the rest of the people in the room. I took Franks hand in mine, raising both of our arms up in the air. “WE’RE FUCKING ENGAGED!” I screamed at the top of my lungs to all the random people in the room and some of them even started congratulate us from their sofas. Frank laughed and yanked away his arm from me, placing it around my waist instead.
“I love you”
“I love you more” I said softly. “We’re gonna make it”
“To the end”