My Miserable Romance

What are you doing behind my back?

It was a month after New Years Eve and I was lying in bed, too lazy to go and check what Frank was doing, but too curious to stay. What a dilemma… I compromised by lying in bed for ten more minutes before I got up.
“Good morning!” I shouted from the bedroom out in the apartment, just to find out where Frank was.
“Good morning!” he yelled back from the kitchen and I happily skipped in there.

“Hi there” I said with a smile as I saw him sit at the table, eating breakfast. God, he just gets more and more beautiful. His black hair was so long now that I could barely see his face when he leaned forward and his whole posture had changed in the last couple of months, as a heavy burden had been lift from his shoulders.
“Hi sexy. Want breakfast?” he asked and pushed a plate in my direction as I sat down on a chair next to him.
“Thanks” I said and started eating, with him shooting me quick glances. “What?”
“I got a call this morning” he said causally.
“Okay?” I said and continued eating.

“It was Lisa”
I looked up from my plate and met his eyes.
“And what did Lisa want?”
“Apparently she had read about the engagement and she was wondering if she could come to our wedding…”
“And you said yes?”
“No”
“You said no?”
“No”
“Okay, now I’m confused… Your ex girlfriend, who’s completely insane, asked if she could come to our wedding and you didn’t say no, but you didn’t say yes either, is that right?” I asked with a slight grin. How pathetic…
“You’re mad, right?”
“Of course not. What did you tell her?”
“I told her I was gonna talk to you about it” he said carefully and I raised my eyebrow. “We don’t have to invite her if you don’t want, of course!”
“But you want to?”
“Uhm…”
“I’ll take that as a yes. Why do you want your ex at your wedding?”
“Because I miss her. I miss her a lot” he said and started biting his finger nails. “As a friend.”
“I… Just one question, do you want me to walk around and be annoyed out of my mind on my wedding day? Cause you know I can’t stand that bit-“
“Gee…” he scolded warningly.
“Sorry, but I can’t stand her”

He went silent, just looking at his hands before raising his head.

“Please?” he asked, carefully wrapping his arms around my neck. “Ever since we started talking about this wedding, I have had nightmares… I just need to know that I still have her as a friend”
“Frankie, she wants you back. Even though I couldn’t care less about that stup-“
“Stop calling her names!” he laughed and I smirked at him.
“-that lady, it’s not fair to ask her to be friends again”
“I know, but she dumped me so she has herself to blame”
“Ah, so you’re saying that you want her back?” I smirked.
“Nah, I’m fine with having her as a mistress”
“Mistress, ey?” I said, mocking a pout at him. “So I’m just your boring fiancé?”
“No, you’re my sexy, beautiful, funny, kind future husband, or, with other words, my bitch” he said and bit my nose. “But seriously, can she come to the wedding?”
“Yeah, why not… Technically, she hasn’t done anything wrong. Or wait… She has. She dumped you for being bi-“
“Which turned out to be a good thing” he shot in.
“But then she wanted you back-“
“And I didn’t, so no harm done”
“Alright, she can come. But if she tries anything…”
“Like raping me?”
“I wouldn’t be surprised if she did” I laughed and squirmed as he started groping my ass. “Frankie!”
“Sorry, but the word rape turned me on”
“You perv” I giggled and tried to push him away as his hands travelled to my front instead. “Aw, please don’t rape me!”
“But I wanna” he whined and pressed me towards the wall. I laughed and let his hands run up and down my sides until I finally gave after, wrapping my arms around him to kiss him. He eagerly pressed his tongue into my mouth, clearly being the dominant of the two of us. His tongue swirled around in my mouth, making small moans escape from my throat. Without talking, but still agreeing, we stumbled over to the kitchen table and I quickly sat up on it.
“We’ve never done it in the kitchen, huh?” he panted as his hands once again travelled down.

“And it’s not gonna happen this time either” a voice behind us said and I bit Frank’s tongue in surprise.
“Bob!” Frank exclaimed as we saw who it was. “What the fuck are you doing here?”
“We thought we were gonna stop by”
“We?” I asked.
“Yeah, everyone else is in the hall” Bob said with a smirk.
“And who let you in?” I asked, raising my eyebrow at him.
“We let our self’s in. You really should start locking the door if you’re gonna fuck around…” he laughed and then walked out. “We’re gonna wait on you in the living room”
“Yeah please, stay, we don’t mind…” Frank muttered, giving me one last kiss before taking my hand. “Let’s go”
“Are we going to the bedroom or the living room?” I smirked.
“Do you think we can go to the bedroom?”
“Seeing that my brother is here with his pregnant girlfriend, no. I don’t want his baby to suffer from tinnitus…”
“Living room, it is” he said with a sigh, giving my crotch a longingly look and I smack him on the back of his head to snap him out of it before walking into the living room. They were all there, sitting everywhere that there were room. Mikey, Annie, Ray and Lucy sat in the couch and Bob and Bella in an armchair, leaving Frank and me standing without having anywhere to sit.
“What are you guys doing here?” Frank asked and I had to smirk at his slightly annoyed tone. I gave him a gentle push. “I mean, not that we’re not happy to see you…”
“We’re here to plan the wedding!” Mikey almost shouted happily and Annie put a hand on his thigh to make him calm down.
“Micheal, what did I tell you about raising your voice?”
“Sorry” he laughed and I raised my eyebrow at him before turning to Annie.
“What have you done to my brother?”
“Oh, don’t worry about him, he’s just a bit… excited about the baby” she explained and smiled at Mikey.
“Yeah Gee, we should’ve gotten you a baby when you were depressed! It would definitely have made you happy” Mikey said excitingly and started laughing when he realized how stupid he sounded. “You two should adopt!”
“No, Mikes…” I said with a sigh and wrapped my arms around Frank’s neck from behind, putting my head on his shoulder so I was still able to look at everyone. “No babies yet, just a wedding. But how about you guys? You’ve been together just as long as Frank and I… And you have a baby on the way, aren’t you gonna get married?”

Annie looked at Mikey, who looked back and then shook his head at me.
“We thought about it, but we don’t wanna steal the attention from Frankie and you” he said, finally looking serious.
“But we wouldn’t-“ Frank started, but Annie put up a hand in the air, as to stop him.
“We’re not gonna get married until you are. It wouldn’t feel right… But hey, let’s plan the wedding, shall we?”
“Yeah sure… What’s there to plan?” I asked and the three ladies in the room immediately started yelling what we had to do. Suits, music, church, food and god knows what…

“SILENCE!” Ray exclaimed and they all obeyed. “Alright…” he continued, kinda stunned that he had gotten the girls to be quiet. “Let Gerard and Frank talk before you go all… crazy”
“Thanks Toro” I laughed. “So, if we start with the suits… What’s there to say about them?”
“Well, are you both gonna wear black? Or do you wanna wear something different, like some other color? Do you wanna match each other with ties and stuff?” Lucy asked quickly, before Annie or Bella could interrupt her. Even though Bella and Lucy didn’t know either Frank or me too well, they were both very excited for us, I could tell by their eagerness to help us with this.
“Uh, I…” Frank started. “I didn’t know there was so much to think about… Hey, Gerard?”
“Yeah?”
“Mind if we go naked?”
“Not at all” I laughed and gave him a wet peck on the cheek before turning to the others, where as the girl looked like they were gonna explode in eager to start making decisions.
“Concentrate!” Annie said sternly and I almost started giggling at how seriously they took this. “Are you both gonna wear black?”
“No, Frankie’s gonna wear a white suit…” I said which resulted in getting an elbow into my rib from Frank.
“No I’m not, you dickhead!” he said, mocking an angry glare at me.
“Ah, so you wanna wear a white dress?” I asked teasingly and he laughed.
“Of course”
“CONCENTRATE, FOR FUCK’S SAKE!” Annie yelled over our conversation and with a sigh, I turned my head to look at her.
“We’re both gonna wear black suits, alright?”
“Good… Woho, the first decision has been made!” she laughed and dug around in her purse to find a notebook and pen. “Black suits” she wrote down.

“What kind of food are you gonna serve?” Bella asked and I once again turned my head slightly to look at Frank. Or well, Frank’s profile.
“Babe?” I asked, wanting him to answer, because I had no idea. “What do you think?”
“I think that the guests can eat before they come to the wedding” he joked, but quickly stopped when the girls looked like they were gonna faint “I was kidding!”
Ray made a gesture at us, slowly running his hand over his throat, as he was slitting it with a knife and then pointed at Lucy. Like we haven’t noticed that the girls about to kill us already…

“What are you doing behind my back?” Lucy asked him causally and Ray jumped up a little.
“Nothing”
“Yes you did. I could see you in the TV-screen”
“Arh, damn” he muttered and then gave her a quick kiss. “Sorry”
“I forgive you. It’s not your fault that you can’t understand how important a wedding is” she smirked and all of a sudden, Annie jumped over and gave her a hug. “Uh… Ann?”
“Do you realize that if you and Bella wouldn’t have been here, I would’ve had to plan their wedding on my own!” Annie said, sounding terrified over the mere thought of it. Hey, Frank and I are not that bad… We just like to mess around a bit.

“So… Food?” Bella asked and my smirk fell from my face when there attention turned to me and Frank again.
“What do we have to choose from?” Frank asked carefully, not wanting the girls to start screaming.
“Oh, a lot of stuff. Chicken, salmon-“
“No freakin’ chicken!” Frank said and then turned his head at me. “Alright?”
“Yeah sure, I don’t care” I laughed and got a few reproachful looks from the girls. “I mean, I care… But-“
“Oh, save it Gerard” Annie laughed. “So it’s salmon?”
“Yeah, salmon” Frank agreed. “Are we done?”
“NO!” the three girls shouted.
“Why aren’t you yelling at your boyfriends instead of us?” I asked with a grin as I saw Mikey, Bob and Ray watching football. “Maybe you can plan your own weddings with them”
“NO!” now it was the three boys turn to shout, but not at my remark, but at the TV. “That referee is fucking blind!”

“You’re right” Bella said with a sigh as she gave Bob a long look. “We’re gonna leave you two alone”
“Good… I’m gonna go and call Lisa” Frank said and Mikey snapped out of his TV-trance to look at him.
“Lisa?”
“Frankie has decided to invite his ex girlfriend to the wedding…” I muttered and got a sad look from Frank. “Which I’m totally fine with” I added.
“You? Fine with Lisa? … What’s going on?” Mikey asked and was now fully turned away from the TV.
“Frankie wanted her to come and well, I don’t really mind… I can behave if she can” I smirked.
“Are you serious?”
“Yeah, why shouldn’t we be?” I asked and Mikey shrugged.
“It does just seem weird to invite your ex girlfriend… And the fact that you’re fine with it makes it even weirder”
“I have my reasons” Frank explained, but didn’t care to actually share his reasons; he simply left the room to go and call her.
“Hey, wait!” I called and he turned around. “You haven’t told me why you want her to come”
“Oh, it’s no big deal…” he said. “It’s just some stuff that has been going through my mind lately and I just realized what a great friend she was before we got together”
“What kind of stuff?” I pushed.
“I’ve had nightmares and… Look, it’s just really stupid”
“Nah, tell me!” I whined. “What kind of nightmares?”
“About… No, I won’t tell you!” he laughed. “You’re just gonna think I’m some weirdo”
“Arh!” I shrieked. “You’ve had wet dreams about Lisa!”

He gave me a look that clearly showed me that I was wrong. Not like I actually thought he had dreamt about Lisa in that way, and if he had, he would’ve told me.
“No Gee” he said slowly, like I was stupid. “I said; nightmares”
“Dreaming about having sex with Lisa is what I would call a nightmare…” I mumbled quietly.
“I heard that” Frank said. “And I have to agree… But I wasn’t dreaming about Lisa, alright? Just let it go”
“Hmm… No”
“Uhm… We should go” Bob said and took Bella’s hand in his, getting up from the armchair to leave.
“Of course not, we’re not fighting Bobby” Frank said with a smile. I had no idea of what was going on. When he told me that he wanted Lisa to come to the wedding, I really didn’t care why. He asked, obviously having a reason to want his ex there, so I agreed without any further thoughts, but then Mikey got me suspicious. Why did he want Lisa there? I wasn’t even gonna think about Frank cheating on me with her, because if he did, he wouldn’t invite her to our wedding… And he would never cheat on me in the first place either. So, why would he want her to come? He’d had nightmares, but about what? Was he starting to doubt about his feelings for me, regretting saying yes to my proposal and needed someone to talk to? It wasn’t like he could talk to his best friend, Mikey, about this, seeing that he’s my brother and all, so maybe he needed Lisa, who hated me. It would be a lot easier to talk to her that way…
“We’ll go anyway. You guys clearly need to talk…” Ray said and they all left before we could tell them not to.

Frank threw himself on the couch, lying on his back and I took my chance and sat down on his stomach.
“Ah, fuck Gerard, get off!” he laughed and tried to push me off, but I just slapped away his arms.
“Nah-a! Not until you’ve told me about your unpleasant little nightmares” I smirked.
“That’s not fair!”
“I know, now tell me!”
“No, you’re just gonna think I’m pathetic”
“Of course not” I said and poked him in the stomach, making him squirm and try to push me off even more.
“What if I don’t wanna tell you?”
“You have to, or else I won’t let Lisa come to the wedding”
“But if I don’t let her come, she’ll never wanna talk to me”
“And you want her to talk to you – why?”
“Because she’s-“ he started, but then realized that he was about to tell me what I wanted to know. “Ah, just get off!”
“If I do, will you tell me?”
“No” he said, but regretted it when I started tickling him. “Stop! I’ll tell you, alright, but you have to promise not to feel sorry for me or any of that crap”
“Promise” I said and got off of him and sat down on the couch. “Now, spill”
“Well, as I said, I’ve had nightmares”
“About?” I asked impatiently.
“About my parents” he said quickly and pinched me when he saw my sympathetic face. “Don’t do that!”
“Sorry” I said and moved closer to him. “So, you’ve been dreaming nightmares about your parents…”
“Yes. About… About their death” he said and took a deep breath. “And it’s freaking me out. I have these weird dreams about them showing up at the wedding and they start screaming at you cause they think you’re forcing me into marrying you and all this weird stuff… And I just think it’s a sign”
“Sign of what?”
“That… That they were homophobes. Do you think they were?”
“I have no idea, but what if they were? Would it change anything?”
“I guess not” he said, grabbing my hand and squeezing it gently. “But it feels like I’m letting them down. I mean, I am proud of myself and I’m proud to say that I’m bi, but it’s my parents and all… And I don’t want them to be disappointed at me”

I nodded. I understood what he meant, so I really didn’t wanna tell him that they weren’t disappointed at him, because I didn’t know.
“But what does this got to do with Lisa?” I asked carefully. Talking about his parents were a touchy subject with him, I knew that, because he never talked about them.
“Cause when my parents died, all I had was her. She was my best friend before we got together and I could talk to her about anything” he said and his eyes filled with sadness when he saw my hurt face. “Please Gee, don’t look at me like that. You know I can talk to you about anything, but not about this. You never met my parents, you weren’t there when it happened, but Lisa was”
“I know” I said with a sigh. “But you had Mikey? Why can’t you talk to Mikey about this?”
“I never talked to Mikey about this, he had enough problems already”
“Mikey had problems? What kind of problems?” I asked, feeling slightly confused.
“You. He was worried about you, and I didn’t wanna push my problems over to him”
“So this is why you wanna invite Lisa to the wedding? Because you want her support at the wedding or what?”
“I guess so…” he said carefully. “I know it doesn’t make any sense, but it’s just how I feel and we don’t have to invite her if you feel uncomfortable about it”
“Of course we’re gonna invite her if you feel like you need her” I said with a smile “Come here”
He climbed over, clumsily putting his arms around my neck and I hugged him tightly.
“You’re so great for understanding this, Gee”
“I don’t understand it, I just accept it” I laughed.
“Well, then you’re great for accepting it” he smiled. “Come on, let’s go and do an invitation list!”

~I'm not really happy with the whole Lisa-thingy here, I think it's kinda confusing... So I'm sorry for that, but it's important for the story~