Status: fin.

@scrivens_30

un

Ben Scrivens couldn’t take it anymore. Letting out a loud groan he slammed his laptop shut and let his head fall onto the desk. He laid there for a good minute before lifting himself back up. He looked around and saw no one.

Where the hell is Jimmy? He thought to himself.

“UGH!” he groaned even louder this time, trying to capture the attention of his fiancé. He heard James Reimer’s feet moving through the house, so he quickly dropped his head back down, waiting.

“What’s wrong, babe?” James asked coming up behind Ben.

“Nothing, James,” Ben lied. Jimmy rolled his eyes behind Ben’s back. This happened all the time. Ben would act all dramatic and when James asked what was wrong, he would blow him off. Then James would push a little and Ben would spill everything. After some heart-to-heart, they would fuck.

“Don’t lie,” James leaned down, pressing his lips to Ben’s neck. Ben tensed in the desk chair, slowly pushing his flesh even deeper into James’ hot mouth. As James started to suck harder, Ben let out another moan, this time, one of pleasure. Just as Ben reached back for James’ hair, wanting to pull him even closer, James pulled away and stepped back. Ben swung the chair around, irritated.

“What the fuck?” He gasped breathlessly through gritted teeth.

“What?” Reimer grinned, clearly pleased with himself. Ben just narrowed his eyes.

“Tell me what’s wrong,” James said. Seeing that Ben was still reluctant, he added, “And then we’ll do whatever you want.”

Ben’s eyes lit up, clearly happy with this compromise. He almost started to speak, but thought better of it and just opened his laptop again. He logged into twitter and clicked on his mentions.

“Come here,” he nodded his head towards the laptop. James came in close, looking to see what was bothering Ben so much. He skimmed his eyes over the text, finally seeing what was annoying his fiancé.

”@scrivens_30 I love you scriven’s!”

“@scrivens_30 can I get an RT Scriven’s?”

“@scrivens_30 you suck scriven's”

“@scrivens_30 dont u agree that reimer/scriven’s is the best tandem EVAR?????”


“Why,” Ben started hoarsely, “WHY CAN’T THEY SPELL MY NAME RIGHT?! IT’S NOT THAT HARD, I DON’T POSSESS ANYTHING!”

“Well, that’s not entirely true,” the far more superior goaltender started, “You possess my heart.”

Ben smiled a little bit at this, but it quickly turned to a scowl. James scrolled through the pages, seeing person after person refer to Ben as “Scriven’s”. This was Ben’s biggest pet peeve and James knew it well.

“Hey, it’s okay,” he reassured Ben. He began to rub his shoulders, but this time Ben didn’t respond. Instead he kept his jaw clenched, clearly upset by the whole thing. He was kind of a drama queen.

“No it’s not,” he sobbed, “I know I’m not as important as you, but can’t they just spell my name right?!”

“It’s not their fault they can only spell Screims right. Really, it’s okay.”

“BUT THEY NEVER SPELL IT SCREIM’S!”

James was silent for a moment. Ben was crying at this point.

“Is this cyber bullying?”

“No, Ben.”

“I’m going to kill myself.”

“No.”

They were both quiet again. Finally James spoke up.

“Sometimes people spell my name wrong. They spell it R-I-E-M-E-R instead of E before I.” Ben looked slightly more cheerful. The tears stopped following as he looked up to James.

“Really?” He cracked out.

“Yeah, all the time, bud,” Reimer looked at him, smiling. Ben hugged James, which was quickly reciprocated.

“Maybe when we get married you can take my last name,” Ben squealed in James’ ear a little bit.

“Yeah, Jimmy, I’d like that,” he was finally smiling again.

Ben stood up, grabbing James’ hand. Trying to pull him towards the bedroom, James slipped out of his grasp and sat down. He quickly typed a message into twitter as Ben watched.

“@scrivens_30: My last name is spelled Scrivens NOT Scriven’s” he had typed in. Ben chuckled but still leaned into the keyboard and erased the tweet.

“You don’t have to tweet for me, Jimmy.”

Ben quickly scrawled in his own message, leaving it unsent and walking to the bedroom. As he disappeared upstairs, James looked towards the screen.

“@scrivens_30: I've decided to take a tweeting hiatus. Not sure if/when I'll resume – I may be too busy fucking James Reimer.”

James let out a hardy laugh, erased the last bit of the statement and sent the rest. Closing the computer, he made his own way upstairs, grinning to himself about how much he loved his little back-up goalie.
♠ ♠ ♠
when people call ben "scriven's" he wants to kill himself

spell it right, save a life~