It's Only a Dream.

t h e r e w a s a t i m e

Death and destruction raged on if front of my eyes. The pack house was ablaze, along with many of the smaller, family homes surrounding it. I stared at the glowing beast in shock, all our hard work was gone. All the years spent in hiding, building, making our own life, were gone. I pushed down my inner cat. I fought the anger that urged me to shift, to kill anyone who dared to do this. I had to act like an Alpha, I had to save what was left of our clan.

My second, Vincent or Vinny as I liked to call him, flanked my side as a I marched closer to pack house. “How many have made it out?”

“A little less than half, 13 warriors and 17 mothers and kittens.” His voice was calm, but I could tell that his beast raged on the inside as well. We had all lost family tonight.

My beast paced in circles, urging to be let out. Melody, she roared. Let me out! We can fix this. We can kill those bastards that dared to do this.

I shook my head. Letting her out would do no good. ‘We aren’t even sure who did this. I must take care of the pack first.’ I thought back to her. Defeated, she calmed down a bit and left me to my thoughts.

“We need to regroup. Have Ethan gather who’s left and we will meet on the south edge of the territory.” I ordered. We needed a place to stay and quick.

As if reading my mind, Vincent voiced my concerns. “Where will we go?” He said quietly.

“I’m not sure.” I felt useless. “I have a few connections down in Washington.”

“We can only hope.” He jogged off to find the main enforcer, Ethan.

I scooped my phone out of my pocket and dialed a number that was forever imprinted in my brain.

“Hello?” The gruff voice sounded sleepy. I had no doubt rouse them out of their sleep.

“Billy, It’s Melody.” I crossed my fingers, hoping he would remember my name. A name that he probably hadn’t heard since my parents disappeared off the edge of the Earth.

“Melody? Melody Dagur. Alpha Eric’s daughter?” Though his voice sounded tired, I could still hear the surprise in his voice.

“I’m Alpha now.” My parent’s were long dead. “Look Billy, I’m sorry to call so late, but I need a favor.”

Image

Billy rested the phone on the dock and ran a hand through his hair. He rested his head in hands. Were his childhood friends, Lily and Eric, really dead? How could such a powerful, loving man deserve death? Billy quickly shook his head, now was no time to think of that. He had the future of were-cat clan resting on his shoulders.

Billy wiggled his way off his bed and into his wheelchair before coasting over to his son’s room. He pounded on the door. “Jacob Black, you get out of bed right now!” Billy continued to pound on the door, knowing that Alpha duties had really tired out his son.

Billy was soon greeted by the presence of his son, shirtless and had a case of some unruly bedhead. “I need you to gather all the boys and Leah here, now.” Billy’s tone was a serious, no nonsense voice, leaving Jacob with little room to argue.

“Pops, what is goin-”

“There is no time for arguing Jacob Black. We will be having some very special visitors..” Billy looked down at his watch. “In an hour. Get everyone here now!”

Image

57 minutes later.

I signaled the group to stop running and shrugged the kitten off her back. Most of the warriors carried a kitten or two on their back. It was practical and easier on the mothers of the clan.

I looked around the clearing and sighed. “This is where everyone besides myself, Vincent and Ethan stop. I need to keep you safe incase this deal goes south.”

Devan, one of the strongest warrior shifted into his human form and growled, obviously not happy with my plan. “Lady Dagur, we need to protect you, why not bring more warriors with you?”

I growled back, making Devan submit his eyes to the ground. “Without the mothers and the kittens, this clan has no future. Normally I do not allow lessers to question my authority, but I will let it pass, warrior.” Halfway through my speech my inner cat had taken over. No one questions their Alpha's orders and gets away with it.

I turned my back, showing the utmost disrespect for Devan. “Vincent, Ethan, shift back.” I threw some shorts at them will I pulled on some booty shorts, a sports bra, and my favorite jean jacket. “Let’s try to act respectful when we met the people who might be sheltering us."
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's short. D:
Any questions?
I'm not really sure if I should call Melody, 'Alpha' since it is a clan of were-cats, so I had Devan call her Lady Dagur.