12 Days of Christmas

Day Nine

"Niall I don't think we should do this." Liam spoke wearily as he looked down the hill his boyfriend dragged him too.

"Oh come on Liam! It's going to be so much fun!"

"It doesn't look safe at all. Look at all those trees down there."

"We won't hit them," Niall reassured Liam, kissing him for reassurance. Niall sat down in the top of the garbage bin and looked back at Liam expectantly. "Give me a push, yeah?" Niall asked with a smile.

Liam sighed again and against his better judgement he pushed Niall and sent him sliding down the hill. When Niall first suggested going sledding Liam was sure he meant going to a facility that could contain the lanes. He was wrong however when Niall dragged him a few miles into the woods behind their flat building to an open meadow with a very large hill. He couldn't be more nervous for his boyfriends safety but Niall's laughter filled the crisp air and warmed Liam's heart enough to not worry so much. Niall safely reached the bottom of the hill and immediately screamed to do it again as he ran up the hill, falling a few times due to the slick snow.

"Liam! Did you see me?" Niall asked running to Liam and tackling him into the snow. "That was so awesome! You have to do it babe. It is so much fun! You're going to love it!"

Niall kissed Liam quickly before scampering off of him and helping him up. Liam hesitantly sat in the lid, trying desperately not to think of the risks of sledding out in the open like this. His fears diminished when Niall pushed him without warning making him fly down the hill. Liam couldn't hold back his laughter much like Niall and once the lid stopped he wanted to go down again and again. They took turns sledding for a few hours and decided to take a break. Liam was hoping they could go to the local cafe for hot chocolate but Niall had other plans and tackled Liam to the snow. Never one to pass an opportunity to wrestle, Liam fought against Niall so the two were rolling around getting completely covered from the snow.

There was no chance Niall was going to win the match but he tried as hard as he could until he was just too tired to fight back. He called truce and accepted Liam's kiss before getting up and dusting the snow off of him. When the majority of the snow was off of him Niall told Liam he would do the same for him. However Niall pushed Liam so he lost his footing and fell to the ground, Niall pushing Liam again so he started rolling down the hill. When Liam finally stopped rolling and took his time getting up so he wouldn't fall again. He looked up at Niall who was quite literally rolling around in the snow and laughing so hard tears fell from his eyes.

Liam walked back up the hill thinking about the kind of revenge he could have on Niall. When he saw how happy Niall looked with his eyes shining bright and a flush to his cheeks he knew he wasn't actually going to do anything to him. Liam helped Niall off of the ground and brushed his nose against Niall's a few times before kissing him.

"Come on Jack Frost, let's go home." Liam took Niall's hands in his own and started walking.

"I'm not Jack Frost!" Niall said giggling.

"I don't know about that babe. You're just as pale as him, you love snow almost as much as him and you're quite the trickster."

Niall was silent for several minutes before giggling and deciding that being Jack Frost isn't a bad thing.

"If I was Jack Frost I'd make it snow all the time so we could always go sledding."

Liam smiled and wrapped his arm around Niall's shoulder, "I'm happy you're not Jack Frost so that way you don't have to leave me when spring rolls around."

"Ooh spring rolls! Can we have take out tonight?"

Liam laughed and kissed Niall's temple, "Proof you can't be Jack Frost, you eat far too much."

"So...is take out a yes?"