Status: Updates coming soon!

For Brendon.

Part Two

There is no crystal ball, no tarot cards, no weird potions in small bottles that have cards hanging off them Alice in Wonderland style. There is no magic. Nothing to make Ryan believe this is all a joke.

Except the fact that anyone could know what Ryan did. Ryan’s proposal, how he proposed, is on his fucking Wikipedia page. Pete the Medium could have googled Ryan when he saw his name on the appointment list and figured it out from there.

“Anything else to add?” Ryan asks. “I’m not sure if I believe you yet.”

Pete smiles. “Let’s see… Oh. He says he still plays the guitar you got him. The purple one.”

-

“Ryan, oh my god what is that?” Brendon squeaked.

“Your birthday present,” Ryan grinned, setting the box on Brendon’s lap and then sitting next to him.

“Another one?” Brendon smiled, and Ryan realized everything he’s ever done, everything he’s every achieved, can have no better reward than Brendon’s smile.

“Well,” Ryan smirked. “I have one more present, but you have to wait until, um, bed for that one.”

Brendon laughed, and tugged on Ryan’s scarf. “Okay, bed, now. Let’s go.”

“Wait, wait. Open this first,” Ryan said. “I promise, I’ll make it worth the wait.”

Brendon grinned, and placed a soft kiss on Ryan’s cheek. “It better be, Ross.”

Ryan just smirked again. “Patience is a virtue.”

“So is my ass.”

Ryan blushed – full on red ears and cheeks – and nudged Brendon’s arm. “Well, open it then.”

Brendon winked at Ryan (God, if his cheeks weren’t hot before) and placed his hand on the box. He slowly pulled off the tape, and let it fall to the floor. Next, he ripped at the wrapping paper, and placed the star-patterned, blue mess on the floor with the tape. He then flicked more tape off the box, and pulled at the flaps. Ryan closed his eyes when Brendon began reaching his hand into the box. And he didn’t open them until Brendon let out a whimper.

“If you don’t like it I can-”

“Shut up,” Brendon interrupted. “This is…this is… Ryan you got me a purple guitar. A purple acoustic. I- Ryan this is just.” He looked at Ryan, and with his eyes he said he wasn’t good with words, and with his smile he said this was the best thing ever.

With his kiss he said he loved Ryan.


-

“Alright,” Ryan says. He takes a deep breath. “Well, if you’re really talking – communicating, whatever – to Brendon he’ll tell you where we went on our first date.”

Pete waits a while, and taps his pen on the table. After a minute or so, he draws two D’s in his notebook.

-

“Spencer! Spencer! Spencer!”

“Ryan. Ryan. Ryan.”

“Spencer, that date… that date. Oh my god, Spencer.” Ryan slouched on the couch next to Spencer. “That was. No.”

“Where’d you go?” Spencer dared to ask, not realizing that it would set Ryan off. Spencer considered himself a good friend for half listening.

“Spencer. He took me to Dunkin’ Donuts. Not even. Not even, like, Starbucks, Spencer. Dunkin’ freaken Donuts. With their weak coffee and brightly colored chairs. All pink and orange. And Spencer, he offered me a donut, and proceeded to ask if I liked sprinkles. He then went off on a sprinkle rant and ended up rambling on about Disney movies.”

“Huh,” Spencer noted. “Interesting. He pay?”

“Like
hell I was going to pay! It was Dunkin’ Donuts, Spence. I vowed never to give money to that horrible excuse of a coffee shop. Spencer, he paid for the whole thing and didn’t even ask me, and I was maybe offended a little, but Dunkin’. Donuts.”

“Yes, yes,” Spencer said. “We’ve established that.”

“I cannot
believe Jon set me up on a blind date with that Brendon Urie. Brendon Urie. Spencer he just kept talking,” Ryan went on. “And all about nonsense. He asked me my opinion on Disney movies, and if I thought it was okay for him to sing Hakuna Matata at his cousin’s birthday party. He asked me my favorite ice cream flavor, and oh my god. Who knew someone could have such strong views on the chocolate versus vanilla debate.”

Spencer said, “Alright. So…when’s your next date?”

“Tomorrow.”