"Imagine Living Like A King Someday."

"All teenagers have this desire to somehow run away."

Even though Brayden claims that no one had ever beaten his time in putting away a box of 40 cd's, rearranging the Dr. Dre Beats by color, and tuning the acoustic guitars, he was completely shocked when I finished 5 minutes before he did. Victory!

I pulled myself onto the counter and laughed at the confused face Brayden was making. "Aw, Bwayden, it's okay. Don't cry baby!" He shot me a death glance and I burst into a fit of laughter.

"Alright! You win!" "Yes!!" I continued laughing as he went to turn on the 'Closed' sign. "Are you done laughing at me now?" "I'm cool." "Good. So, you wanna do something?" "Like what?" I said curiously. "Well," he said as he stood in front of me, "we could go to this pizza place...". "Sure, sounds cool." I hopped down from the counter, grabbed my bags and my purse and started towards the door.

"Are you coming or not?" and on that note, I left out the store.
*****
Brayden insisted on us taking his car, so I led him to my house so I could drop my car off. No one was home, not even Dana. The house felt like a ghost town.

"Whoa, your house is awesome!" "Thanks."

We walked up the flight of stairs leading to my bedroom. I opened the door and threw my bags wherever. "You can sit down. I need to 'freshen up'." "Okay." I came back out the bathroom with my hair in a ponytail and breath smelling of mint mouthwash.

"Let's hit the road."
*****
Brayden held open a big, glass door as I walked into a building that smelled of oregano, mozzarella cheese, and chili peppers. A blast of cold air rushed over me. God, it felt amazing in here!

I attached myself to Brayden's side as we made our way to a table filed with a group of boys. "Sup guys!" The sudden outburst from Brayden made me jump a little.

"Sup Brayden!" They all did some complicated handshake and gave each other pats on the back before we sat down. "Everybody, this is Vega. She just moved here from New York. Vega, these are my friends Diego, Tony, and Keegan. "Hi." I said. "Hey!" They all gave me a head nod and was looking at me like I was something to eat.

I slid in the booth between Brayden and Diego. A minute later, a 40 something year old waitress with big hair and very strong perfume came to take our order. We got 2 pitchers of Vanilla Dr. Pepper and 2 pizzas: one with pancheta, pepperoni, sausage, and garlic chicken and another with chorizo sausage, buffalo chicken, hot sauce, and Mexican cheese.

"So, how are you liking L.A. so far Vega?" Keegan asked. "It's amazing! I like the vibe." He nodded in agreement and turned his attention to his phone which started to ring loudly. "Gotta take this. Be right back."

An hour later, we all were full and were ready to head home.
*****
"Thanks for today Brayden, it was fun." "No problem. We can do this anytime." There goes those dimples that I just love...

"Vega! Do come in the house soon!" "Coming mom!" I turned back to Brayden and thanked him again. "I'll call you tonight." "Okay," I said, trying to hold back a smile, "I'd appreciate that." "Okay, bye." "Bye." I shut the car door and watched him pull off.

What a day(:
♠ ♠ ♠
Please stick around!
Title Credit: A quote from Joan Chen.