"Imagine Living Like A King Someday."

"A Single Rose Can Be My Garden ... A Single Friend, My World."

"How was your day?" Mom asked me right when I stepped through the front door.
"Fine, great actually," I said, a small smile forming on my face. "That's good. You hungry?" I slightly cringed at the thought of eating another bite of, well... anything. "No thanks." I said politely before heading upstairs.

An aroma of potpourri and pomegranate tea wrapped itself around me when I opened the door. Once again, gotta love Dana.

I hit the switch and turned on the fairy lights that littered my headboard.

Fifteen minutes later, I was showered and in my pajamas. I walked to my window seat, grabbed my brand new guitar, and opened my song book to the fifteenth song, "Heart On Your Sleeve".

"Two kinds of people in this world
The ones who hide and the ones who love
To wear your heart on your sleeve
Is a, a great feat
I just don’t see how you do it, no
I’m not that brave, I’m not that strong
The only that I can do, is hold on
To what I have bottled inside
All my feelings and all my pri-"

Ring, ring, ring!

I nearly fell off the seat when my phone started ringing.

"Damnit Brayden! You have really bad timing!" "Sorry! What were you doing?" "Nothing... just writing..." "Writing what?" "Um..." "C'mon! Just tell me!" "I was writing the rest of a song." "A song you wrote?" "Duh!" "Cool! Lemme hear!" "Noooooooo...". "Why not?" "It's not finished. We just established this." "So, what? Sing it to me." "Ugh, fine!"

When I finished, there was complete silence on his end of the phone.

"Brayden? Braydeeeeen?" "THAT WAS AMAZING!" "Oh gosh, thanks." I felt my face turn 10 shades of red.

We talked on the phone for two hours about music. But, he got tired.

"Goodnight work buddy." He said. I could hear the smile on his face. "Night Brayden." I said, a smile also on my face.

We hung up and I continued revising and re-singing my song. I stayed up until 2 in the morning, finally getting the song perfect.

I crawled under my Union Jack duvet and instantly fell into a deep sleep. Which by the way, resulted in a dream...
♠ ♠ ♠
The lyrics are corny, but whatever. I made them up on the spot. Anyways, stick around for the next chapter. I promise, promise, promise that this story will get to Pierce The Veil. But c'mon, the story has to start with some kind of "background info" right? Right.(:

Title Credit: Leo Buscaglia quote.

I also apologize for the short chapter!!