Status: First story on this site. Hope you all enjoy!

Wasted Youth

One: The Introduction.

Ashlynn~

"Elena, Ashlynn, come downstairs for a minute please?" my father calls from the living room. My twin sister and I look at each other and sigh before getting off my bed and heading downstairs.

Upon arriving downstairs, I notice that all of my siblings- even the ones that long moved out- were waiting for us. Shit, I think as I sit next to my 25 year old brother Andrew, its a family meeting. My father was even in his army uniform, making me nervous. Although the living room was large, it looked over stuffed with the ten of us; I had seven brothers and sisters, not including myself.

"Will you please explain what's going on, Dad?" my older sister Eliza asks, flipping her blonde hair and crossing her arms across her chest. Her identical twin Melanie (my other older sister) nods and adds, "we need to do inventory at the shop, Dad."

My dad sighs, and my mom reassuringly rubs his back. "There's no easy way to break this on you kids. I'm being re-deployed to Iran to oversee an operation that the President speifically requested me to do. I can't refuse our country."

"So what does this mean for us, Daddy?" Elena, grabbing my hand in fear. I grasp it just as tightly, terrified.

"Well," my mom answers. "I've decided to relocate us.. just in case anything happens to your father while he's gone."

"Where, Mommy?" my four year old sister Aubree asks.

"Closer to your grandparents."

"So, to California?" I ask excitedly. We hadn't lived in California since kindergarten, and I loved visiting my grandparents just to see the beach.

"Yes, Ash. I've gotten a lot of job offers for my architecture there anyways, so I figure why not go back home?" she replies.

"This is so not fair!" Josh exclaims, running from the room. He just turned 13, and was in the akward stage of still becoming a teenager. I felt bad for him. Andrew excuses himself and chases after our younger brother.

"We've always wanted a store in Cali..." Eliza grins.

I also smile. "I miss it there. We haven't been since, what, Gramma and Pops' 40th wedding anniversary? That was two years ago. I'm all aboard."

"Me too," Elena says, matching my smile and grabbing my hand.

"Then its settled. Lets get packing!" my mother says in a chipper tone, shooing us out of the room.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, this is my first story on here. It won't be my last. I posted most of this on Wattpad but not many have read it. Hope you enjoy, and leave a comment? Its greatly appreciated!
P.S. I don't own Avenged Sevenfold (as much as I wish I did ;D), their music, or anything affiliated with them.