Sequel: Louder Than Words
Status: Thanks for reading! Check out Season 2 Louder than Words

On Your Side

Episode 10: What Has To Be Done

Bayleigh climbed out of the dodge, quivering from her latest near-death experience with the Amazon women. They had wiped out a small tribe on the Mexican border. Small being just seven women. One had caught her and left long scratches down her back. Dean had laughed with her afterwards, saying it looked like she'd had some really good sex. Meanwhile, Sam wrung his hands nervously and inquired after her health and safety every few seconds; at least it seemed that way to her. 

Now Sam followed her into the hotel room, putting his hands on her hips. He didn't know what he thought of her like this. She seemed almost happy that she just about died. Like this is what she lived for. 

But his mind went blank when she started kissing him. Clothes started hitting the floor not long afterwards. His hands were all over her, pushing he onto the bed, biting her, making her grin and moan and his lips passed between her breasts to her belly button, biting her abs, then dragging his lips back to hers. Their breathing was ragged now as they forced each other out of the remnants of their clothes. He bit her neck, pressing against her whole body, laying on top of her. She moaned loudly with pleasure, arching her back. 

<><><><><>

Sam and Bayleigh lay in bed, sweaty and still panting. Her back was on fire. Sam had tried to be gentle with her wounds, but that had proved to be extremely difficult. But she didn't mind the pain. She barely even took notice when they started oozing blood. She looked at his scars. They pockmarked his chest and there were multiple slashes on his forearms. 

"You look like an emo kid," she whispered, smiling and tracing them with her thumb. 

"And you look like you have regular disagreements with a blender."

"It's why I don't make smoothies anymore." She grinned and stroked his cheek with her fingertips. he pushed her sweaty hair out of her face and kissed her forehead, then her lips. 

"I should probably go take a shower," she murmured. "What with the blood and all."

"I think I'll join you," he smiled. 

"I think I would like that."

<><><•2 Months Later•><><>

Smooth. That's the only way she could describe it. Horribly smooth. Everything. No hitches. No slip-ups. No nothing. One monster after another cut down by the Winchesters and their new lady-friend. Three werewolves. A whole coven of vamps. Two ghosts. A demon. All in two months with no backfire on the hunters worthy of explanation. 

Ridiculously smooth. 

Bayleigh was speeding along the highway following the Impala towards what they assumed had to be a pair of Vetalas. Sam was sitting next to her, humming along to a song by Go Radio. A smile played at her lips. 

Sam's phone started ringing. She turned down the radio and he put it on speaker. 

"What's up," Sam said. 

"Just got off the phone with the lead detective," Dean's voice blared out of the phone. "Another man's gone missing, same MO. Pulled from his bed and replaced by one of the others."

"Completely drained," Bayleigh said. 

"You know it."

"They're speeding up," Sammy said. "That's the fourth guy this week. Doesn't it usually take them a couple days?"

"Do you think there's two pairs?"  Bayleigh wondered aloud. 

Dean replied. "Never heard of it, but hey, crazy's what we do, right? We're nearly there. Meet up at the police station."

Sam nodded and hung up. 

"I'll drop you off and check in at a motel," Bayleigh said. She still didn't like dealing with any form of law enforcement. 

Her methods included lots of surveillance to make up for the lack of human contact, plus a few record room break-ins. But with the brothers on her side, she could gain intel at their pace, and what she learned by just keeping quiet and watching. They were a freaking dream team together. 

She checked in, getting a room for Dean next to hers and Sam's, and started bringing in her duffels. She undressed and took a shower, then started pinning up all of her physical evidence and studying it. She paced, reading, memorizing, waiting. 

Her phone signaled a text. She quickly responded to it, telling Sam the room number. Shortly afterwards, he came stumbling out of the cold windy day with Dean close behind. They were wearing their suits and ties. 

"What's up?" she asked admiring him in his formal attire. She didn't know why it was such a turn on, but it was. 

"I'm pretty sure there's four of 'em," Dean said. 

"Great."

"I'm not worried," Sam said quietly, planting a kiss on her cheek. 

"Well, meanwhile, I believe I know where they're holed up. Or, at least one pair." She looked between them. "Do you think they're working together?"

"They at least have to know of each other," Sam said. "This town may be larger, but it's hard to harbor more than one monster at a time. In any town." 

"So then let's go check that one out. See what's there. I'm gonna go changed."

"Your room is on that side," Bayleigh said, pointing. Dean left the room and Sam started loosening his tie. 

"I don't like this one," She said, sitting to enjoy the view. She bit her lip ever-so-slightly, watching his back muscles flex. 

"Why not? I mean, well, I know why, but..."

"Because there's four of them. Since when do monsters team up like this? I mean, vampire covens join up sometimes, and skinwalkers, but vetalas? It's weird."

Sam shook his head. "I know. I don't like it, but it's what we have to do."

<><><><><>

She followed Sam closely, silver knife held tightly in her hand. They rounded a corner and entered a room. Two men were tied to chairs, each paralyzed by vetalan venom. They crept into the room, slowly, cautiously. The men, conscious but immobile, watched the three of them. Sam moved to remove their gags while Dean and Bayleigh looked around cautiously. 

"I don't like this," Dean said quietly. Bayleigh shook her head. "Where the hell are they?" 

There was a hiss and a squeal from behind them. Bayleigh struck down the first one with a swift jab to the heart, but the other three were already after Sam and Dean. As she turned to help, she let herself smile a bit at how right they had been. 

Her assistance proved unnecessary; the three were soon dead with little help from her. She stepped forward to untie the men and instruct them on what to say when the cops got there while Sam and dean took care of the ash the Vetalas had left behind. Then she kissed Sam on the cheek and left for the motel again while they called the police. 

She started closing up duffels and putting away weapons and getting ready to leave town again smiling to herself for another job well done. 

<><><><><>

Too smooth. The night after they killed the Vetalas, she felt as if she'd been switched into manual mode. Like she had realized how perfect everything was and how natural it all was, and since then, it had felt different. Like she had to watch where she was going and what she was doing or it would break the spell. She began to realize that nothing had ever gone so well in her life. She had never killed so many monsters so quickly. She had even faced her fears about exorcising a demon. It felt great. It wasn't just the hunts, though. It was Sam, too. Everything about him. He was absolutely perfect in every way. If there was any other human she was perfectly content spending the rest of her life with, it would be him. He was so great, it was worth Dean's incredibly male sense of humor. She honestly couldn't see herself being that happy with any other human.

And all of this scared the shit out of her. 

She was terrified, tense, waiting for it to end. Waiting for the safe warm walls of her life with the Winchesters to come crashing down around her. Waiting to see how this personally apocalyptic event came about. She started thinking about leaving. Running away before something bad could happen. She had it all planned out. Just sneak off in the middle of the night. She had even practiced, rolling out of bed and saying she was going for an early morning jog if she woke him up. 

Dean suspected it. Sam was too blinded by everything else to see it, but Dean did. Perhaps because Dean had felt the same way once or twice before. Trapped. 

He confronted her about it. Asked her bluntly when she planned to leave. She responded immediately with, 'I told him. I told him before he kissed me. I warned him.'

Dean had nodded and told her he knew. And that Sam knew. But if she left, then she left for good. Dean had let this happen in hopes that she would get over it, whatever made her run, and if she ran now, there was nothing stopping her from running later, and that was not what Sam needed at all. Sam needed stability, and Bayleigh knew that better than Dean thought she did. 

In the end, it was those words that made her decision. 
♠ ♠ ♠
Merry Christmas!!! So I feel this was a sufficient Christmas present for my adoring fans(: Not only a pretty great pre- and post-sex scene, but this is the second to last episode in season 1! Omigoodness I'm lying, right? Nope. No I am not. One more after this, but I pinky swear it'll be long. Way long. Got lots to cover and I've had a good portion of it written for a long time.

So merry Christmas to all and the finale will be out soonish. Make sure you subscribe to me so you can see when season 2 goes up, or hit me up with a message and I'll tell you like that. Also I live to chat(:

Tootleoo••••••••