Truly Madly Deeply

2/2

“Daddy!” The high-pitched squeal echoed down the concrete halls as the source worked on squirming out of her captor’s, in this case Paul’s, arms. My already beaming face just lit up further as I dropped to my knees and caught her small body in my embrace.

Brown locks tickled my cheeks and filled my nose with the scent of her strawberry shampoo. I swung the three year old up unto my hip in a position that felt just as natural as the push and pull of oxygen in my lungs. She giggled, looking up at me with bright blue eyes that mirrored my own.

“You did really good daddy!” She smiled and I chuckled.

“Thank you, sweetheart,” I grinned, brushing the sweaty hair out of my face.

“Hey! Don’t just forget about your adoring uncles now!” Liam laughed, kissing her cheek. He knew he wasn’t going to get her out of my arms.

“You all did really good!” She giggled.

Harry patted my shoulder and led me down the hallway while making silly faces at the little girl in my arms.

The boys loved Avalie. I mean, how could they not? She was amazing and smart and adorable and… well… I could go on forever. Don’t get me wrong, being a single parent at seventeen was, in some ways, the hardest thing I’ve ever done. Having Ava there would have made everything inexplicably better. There wasn’t a day that went by that I didn’t think of her. Her pictures didn’t bring me to my knees as they first did. I’ve excepted that she’s gone and the hurts been dulled in the three and a half years since Avalie’s life began.

I’ve had a new girlfriend for the past couple months. Eleanor’s amazing and she’s fantastic with Avalie. She’s everything I could possibly ask for. The guilt was so evident the first few times we were together. I knew Ava would want me to move on, but it was like cheating on her. Eleanor understood and helped me through it. She’s so patient when she needs to be, but knows just when to joke and make me laugh. She’s absolutely perfect.

Avalie was a huge inspiration for me to audition for the X Factor and I’m glad I did. How could I tell her to follow her dreams no matter the situation if I didn’t follow my own advice? I worry about taking her on tour like we’re doing currently, but it’s so worth it having her around me. We’ve been practically inseparable since she was born.

She’s my angel, my everything. At this point I couldn’t imagine a life without her sweet, beautiful, shining face. That spark of mischief in her eyes so much like my own. Those loose curls, not much at all like the crazy brown mane her mother bore. The soft, sun-kissed skin that was very much like both her mum’s and mine.

My little Avalie Grace Tomlinson… even with the opportunities I got during the X Factor and meeting the lads, becoming international pop stars and millionaires…

She was the best thing to ever happen to me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Cutesy little epilogue sort of thing since I didn't want to end the story back there :)
Thanks for reading my little tale!