Situations

Anxious

I woke up, blinking my eyes a few times. I felt a pair of small arms wrapped around mine. I looked next to me, and Brenna was lying there. I smiled. She is too cute. I love her to death, and it breaks my heart that she doesn't have a dad to help take care of her. In my opinion, every kid needs a dad just as much as they need a mom. That's why I have decided its finally time to introduce her to him. She always asks where her daddy is, and why he Isn't here with us. “Mommy, do I have a daddy? She would ask me. And I would respond with “Yes sweetie, you do. Everyone has a daddy, even if they aren't with them.” She would blink her big green eyes at me, then ask “Does my daddy love me?”, and I would always change the subject, because I don't have the answer.

She stirred, shaking me from my thoughts, before opening her eyes and looking up at me. “Good morning sleepy head.” She giggled. “How about we eat some breakfast? I want to make sure you're fed before I leave you with Megan.” She made a face, obviously upset. “Where are you going mommy?” “I have something I need to do.” “Can I come with you?” “Not today sweetie. But I won't be long, okay.” She pouted. “Aww, come on. I thought you liked spending time with Megan.” “I do, but I want to go with you daddy.” “I know you do, but I can't take you today. Maybe tomorrow, alright?” “Okay.”, she said sadly. “Cheer up honey, Megan will be here any minute. You two will have a lot of fun today.”I went down to the kitchen, Brenna following close behind.

“What do you want to eat Brenn?” “Cereal!” “Really? But you eat cereal every day.” “I like cereal.” “Okay, cereal it is then.” I gave her a bowl of cereal, got myself one, and sat next to her at the table. “You be good for Megan when she comes, okay?” “Okay mommy, I will.” I had just finished eating, when the bell rang. “Looks like Megan's here.” I went to open the door for her. “Hey Max, how are you?” “I'm good, come in.” “You don't sound good.” “I know. I'm just really worried about seeing Ronnie again.” “I'm sure everything will be fine.” I sighed. “I hope so.”

Brenna came running over. “Hey Brenna! How are you sweetheart?” She hid behind my leg. “What's with her today?” “She's upset. She want's to come with me, but she can't.” “Oh. Well, we're going to have fun today. You'll forget all about going with mommy.” I scooped her up in my arms. “I should get going.” I hugged her. “I'll be back soon okay.” she nodded, and I gave her to Megan. “See you later.” “Bye Max, good luck.” “Thanks Megan. I'll definitely need it.”

The whole way to Ronnie's house, I was nervous. I hadn't seen him in years. I didn't know how he would react to seeing me, or the fact that he has a child. Hopefully it won't be too bad. But with Ronnie, you never know.