Situations

Surprise

I stood on his front steps, staring at the door. I was so nervous I thought I would faint. Maybe I shouldn't do this. Maybe I should go home, before its too late. No, I couldn't do that. I'm doing this for Brenna. She needs her dad. I took a deep breath, and rang the doorbell. I waited, and a few moments later, I heard the door unlock. Then It opened, revealing the one and only Ronnie Radke. His eyebrows were raised, and his eyes were wide when he saw me. “Max?” I gulped. I had to say something, anything. “Hey Ronnie.” “Wow, its been quite a while, hasn't it?” “I smiled. “Yeah, it has.” “So what brings you here?” I sighed. “I have something I need to tell you.” “Who is it Ronnie?”, a guy with blue eyes and auburn hair asked, coming up behind him.

“Uh, just an old friend. Jacky, this is Max.” He smiled shyly at me and waved. “Max, this is Jacky. He's in my new band.” I smiled, and waved back at him. “Well, come in. We can talk inside.” He led me in, closing and locking the door behind us. Him and Jacky sat down on the couch, and I sat across from them. “So, whats up?” I looked down at my feet, fiddling with my fingers in my lap. He must have sensed that I was uncomfortable. “Uh, Jacky, could we have a moment alone please?” He nodded, and went into the other room. “So?” I took yet another deep breath. Okay, here we go.

“Okay, remember what we did that day, a few weeks before you got arrested?” He blushed a little, remembering what we did. “Umm, yeah.” “Well, right before you left, I found out that...”, I said, trailing off. I wasn't sure how to tell him. “You found out that what?” “ That I was pregnant.” His mouth fell open, and he was completely still. I bit my lip, unsure if this was good or bad. “W-what?” “I found out that I was two weeks pregnant before you left.” “So, you're saying that.....” I nodded. “Ronnie, I had your baby. You have a daughter.” He was clearly shocked, but I would be too if I were him. He dropped his head into his hands. “Oh my god.”

“I'm so sorry Ronnie.” He picked his head up and looked at me. I had tears in my eyes. “No, you shouldn't be. Its not all your fault. I'm just as much to blame as you are.” “I know, I'm just sorry I did this to you. I know a child is the last thing you need to deal with right now.”, I sobbed. He was quiet, and seemed to be soaking up my every word. “I don't regret having her though. She's one of the best things that has ever happened to me.” He smiled. “What's her name?” “Brenna. She's four years old.” “Wow. I still can't believe this. Where is she?” “At home. I didn't want to bring her, I know its a lot just telling you about her. I didn't want to give you a heart attack.”

He laughed. “Do you want to see her? I could bring her over tomorrow, if you want.” I could of sworn his face lit up. “Really, you'd do that?” “Sure, she is your kid too. You have a right to see her if you want to.” “Great, then bring her over tomorrow.” “What time?” “I guess about twelve.” I nodded. “Sure.” We were silent for a few minutes. I had stopped crying a while ago, but my face was probably red, and stained with dry tears. “I'm sorry Max.” I looked up at him, slightly confused. “For what?” “For putting you through this. For making you go through it alone. I know it must have been scary for you to have a baby, with nobody there next to you.” “It was. But I'm glad I have her. So thank you for giving me a miracle.”

He stood up, dragging me up with him, looking into my eyes. “I missed you Max.” “I missed you too.” He pulled me into a tight hug. When we let go, we just stood there, smiling at each other. “So, is there anything I can get you?” “Nah, I should probably get going. Brenna is waiting for me at home. She wanted to come with me this morning. I promised her I wouldn't be too long.” He smiled once more. “Then go. She needs her mommy. Don't keep our little princess waiting.” “My stomach fluttered when he said that. It was so sweet. “Alright, see you tomorrow then.” “See you.” He walked me to the front door. “And Max.” I turned. “Yeah?” “Tell our little girl I can't wait to see her.”