Situations

Daddy's Little Girl

I ran all over the house, tying to make everything look nice. Jacky sat and watched me.

“Ronnie, she's four. I don't think she cares how neat your house is.”
“But I do. And I want it to look nice.”
“You're crazy.”

The bell rang, just as I was about to finish. I realized I was still only in my boxers.

“Shit. Jacky, can you answer the door? I have to get dressed.”

He nodded, getting up to get the door. I ran up to our room, shutting the door behind me. I went to the closet and pulled out a pair of black skinny jeans and a black tank top, before running back downstairs.

Jacky was in the living room with Max, and a blonde little girl with small green eyes. She was so cute. I figured she must be Brenna. I couldn't believe how much she looked like Max.

“Hey Max, how are you?”
“Good.”

Brenna ran and hid behind Max's leg.

“Come on sweetie, don't be shy.”, Max said, guiding her from behind him.
“Ronnie, this is Brenna.”

I smiled at her, kneeling down to her height.

“Hey Brenna, I'm your daddy.”

She looked at me, then at Max, as if she were silently asking if I was right.

“Go ahead Brenn, give your daddy a hug.”

She stepped cautiously towards my spread arms.

“Come on, I won't bite.”

She giggled a little, then came closer, wrapping her arms around my neck. I closed my arms around her. She was so small, and felt so fragile. I didn't hug her too tightly, afraid my large muscular arms would crush her. I picked her up into my arms, standing up. She wasn't very heavy. Max and Jacky were smiling at me.

“What?”
“Nothing, you just look so cute with her.”, Jacky said.

I still couldn't believe I have a daughter. And here I am, holding her in my arms. It just feels right, like she belongs there. I put her back down gently. She approached Jacky, and he started talking to her, answering the many questions she threw at him. Max came up to me, and we talked too as we watched them.

“She's beautiful. And she looks just like her mommy.”

I could of sworn he blushed.

“Everyone says that.”
“Because it's true. She has your eyes. I never thought I'd meet a person with greener eyes than you Max.”

He laughed, looking at the floor.

“Well, now you have.”

There was a brief moment of awkward silence. But I quickly ended it, changing the subject.

“So how have you been?
“Uhh, good I guess. Its been pretty crazy since I had Brenna. She's a handful, but I love her. I couldn't imagine life without her. So, what have you been up to?”
“Not much, just finished touring with my new band. We have a break for a while.”
“You just released a new CD right?”
“Yeah, it's pretty amazing. We worked so hard on it.”
“Well, good for you. It's nice to see you doing well again.”
“Thanks. Where have you been lately? I heard you're not in Escape The Fate anymore.”
“I'm not. They kicked me out when they found out I was pregnant. I'm currently not in any band. I've devoted most of my time to raising Brenna,”
“They're all assholes anyway. You're better off without them. Brenna needs you, you're doing the right thing.”
“i appreciate that Ronnie, thanks.”

Brenna came running back over to us.

“Mommy, can we come visit daddy and Jacky again?”

Max looked over at me, and I nodded.

“Of course sweetheart.”
“Yay!”

I knelt down to her.

“Don't worry princess, you're going to be seeing daddy and Jacky a lot more often, I promise.”
“Does that mean we can go to the park?”

I chuckled.

“Yes, it does.”

She jumped up and down, squealing with delight. I have to admit, she's really freaking adorable. Maybe this whole dad thing will be better than I thought.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm baaaacckkk. So sorry for keeping everyone waiting for so long, I've had some issues and been very busy. The good news is, I'm going to keep updating. Once again, so sorry for the wait. Enjoy