Status: Alive with updates...Hopefully.

How could I ever trust you again?

Chapter 2: The New Kids

*** 3 Week Time Lapse ***
A light breeze picked up as my sister, Autumn, her boyfriend,Phil, my boyfriend, Conner, and I walked through the woods behind my house. Autumn and Phil were holding hands and talking about God knows what. Conner had his arm around my shoulders and we were talking about bands.
After about ten minutes of walking we came to a small field with wildflowers and a small stream trickling through it. Autumn and I ran forward, kicking off our flip-flops and jumping into the stream. The water came up to about mid-calf and was cool enough to keep us cool in the summer heat.
"That looks nice..." Conner said looking longingly at the cool water. His jeans were too tight to pull up so they didn't get wet.
"Well, if you didn't wear such tight je-" Autumn was cut off as Phil and Conner's phones went off simultaneously. They both opened up a text and glanced uneasily at each other.
"What's up?" I asked as Autumn and I climbed out of the stream.
"we...uh We have to leave..." Phil said
"Wait, What? Why?" Autumn asked.
Phil looked at Conner, who looked on the verge of tears.
"We'll explain later, we have to go. Don't follow us, please." Phil said as he pulled Conner back into the woods and out of sight.

"She's all laid up in bed with a broken heart... While I'm drinking jack all alone in my local bar, and I don't know how, Ho-"
I groaned as my alarm interrupted my stupid dream and slapped my phone until the alarm went off. My leg felt so uncomfortable and sweaty from sleeping for seven hours in a cast. The pain in my ribs was unbelievable. I'm going to have to take more pain meds after breakfast.
The sounds of Autumn snoring beside me made me realize we all needed to get up. I stood up awkwardly with my broken leg out as if I was attempting to trip someone.
'I need my crutches.' I thought. 'Where the hell are my crutches?'
I spotted them lying by the door and I limped over, trying not to put any weight on my leg. I guess my groaning and grunting in pain woke Autumn up. She sat up and looked worriedly at me.
"Do you need any help?" She asked, shifting her broken wrist uncomfortably.
I shook my head and tried to go into the closet, but I was blocked by Autumn.
"You can barely get down the stairs, let alone into this little closet. Sit down and tell me what you want to wear today." She said turning around and walked into the closet.
"Okay, just a pair of shorts and a Killers long sleeve ." I said, sighing. For some reason, I hate it when people try to help me. Maybe since I've been left to my own devices and treated like shit for the past thirteen years it just feels so foreign to be helped. Of course, Autumn has always tried to help me before but our mum never let her.
Oh yeah, she's dead. It's pretty creepy that I'm happy that the bitch broke her neck in the accident, but she treated her own daughter like shit. She beat me down both physically and mentally, told me I was worthless, that it was my fault my dad committed suicide when I was only three.
I was shook out of my thoughts as A shirt and jean shorts landed in my lap. I stood and hobbled over to my little dresser and pulled out a clean pair of underwear and a bra.
After I successfully got dressed, I hobbled down the stairs to see Toby standing there at the bottom.
"Are you sure you can go back to school?" he asked worriedly.
I smiled and nodded at him, hiding the pain I felt. After Toby walked around surveyed me on how I was, I walked into the bathroom and downed two pain pills.
Suddenly, I heard the doorbell go off and I knew immediately who it was.
" I GOT IT!!" I screamed and hobbled my way to the door and swung it open to reveal one of my best friends, Marissa.
"MISSY!" I screeched as I threw my crutches to the ground and swung my arms around her neck.
"OhMyFuckingGod!!" she screamed back and hugged me tight around the waist, while kissing my temple.
"MELANIE!" I heard my brother scream from behind me. "Get your crutches back under your arms before you hurt yourself!"
Sighing, I stooped down and picked my crutches back up.
"You're SUCH a killjoy Toby." Marissa stated before plopping down on the couch and adding "I'm walking with you guys to school, whether you peasants like it or not."
I laughed, grabbed one of my converse and sat beside Marissa.
"Toby..." I whined, drawing out the y.
"Whaaaaaat..." he responded, drawing out the a.
"Put my shoe on for meeeeeeeeee."
He groaned and walked over. I handed him my shoe and he bent down in front of me. Carefully, Toby slipped on my converse and laced it up.
As he stood up I kissed him on the cheek and said "Thanks Toby." He giggled and wiped off his cheek. Autumn then ran downstairs clutching her rib-cage.
"Pain medication is in the bathroom." I stated. Autumn nodded and ran for the bathroom.
The clock on the wall beside our door read 7:46. We needed to leave soon. The bus comes at 8:20 so if we were going to get there in time.
"Guys we need to leave!!" I called out
Autumn walked back into the room with Toby trailing behind her. They both had their bookbags around their shoulders. I stood up, grabbed my hoodie and messenger bag from behind the couch. Toby took my messenger bag from me and put it across one shoulder. I sighed as I put on my hoodie and grabbed my crutches. We all walked out of the door, down the driveway, and onto the sidewalk.
***Time Lapse because I don't feel like typing about the walk to the bus stop***
*Still Melanie's POV*
Toby kept asking me questions like "Are you okay?" and "Do you need any help?" until Marissa told him to, and I quote, "Shut the fuck up before I kill you with a double bladed murder ax."
When we reached the bus stop- which was just a corner where the bus picked us up- I was tired and Toby and Marissa had to help me sit down on the sidewalk. I pulled out my iPod, put in my headphone and started to listen to For the First Time by The Script. This song is so amazing it's just so perfect. After about seven awesome songs, Autumn nudged me out of my world of music and bliss. I pulled out one headphone and practically screeched at her "What the fuck do you WANT!?!"
Marissa giggled and Autumn pointed behind us, towards the other sidewalk, where three boys were about to cross the street and over to our side. All three of them looked about our age and were steadily coming closer. I sat up straighter and noticed they were wearing mostly black and looked pretty cool. I started to nibble at my lip ring nervously as they approached,, looking curious. Fuck, I'm not good at meeting new people. Socializing is not my best quality.
"Um, Hello." said a boy with shoulder length black hair in a smooth voice.
"H-hi" I stuttered mentally cursing myself for stuttering. "New here?"
All three nodded in unison and a smaller boy jumped forward from behind the two taller boys.
"Hi, my name is Mikey Way and I like coffee and unicorns and I hate how everyone treats me like a little kid, I mean real-" Mikey was cut off by the boy with long hair.
"Whoa, whoa, whoa Mikes!" He said, laughing. "We're trying to make friends, not scare them off!"
Everyone laughed and the boy named Mikey blushed. After the laughter died down, the other boy, who had one side of his hair shaved and red and the other was longer and black, put his hand out to me.
"The name is Iero. Frank Iero." he said confidently. I giggled and stood up with the help of my crutches, taking his hand and shaking it.
"Really? A James Bond quote?" I said while giggling. "By the way, my name is Melanie."
I let go of his hand, only to have Frank's hand replaced by Marissa's.
"Uh, bitch please." Marissa said. " I am the only one who's aloud to touch this hand"
She raised up the hand she had in her hand for emphasis. Frank just laughed and turned to his friend with the long hair.
"Introduce yourself, Geetard!" Frank said, still laughing.
"Uh, my names Gerard Way..." he said awkwardly.
I laughed knowing he must feel the same way I do about meeting new people.
"Well, this is my twin sister ,Autumn," I said gesturing towards her as she walked forward. "And this is my Best Friend Marissa." I gestured to Missy too.
"Oh and that's our brother Toby!" Autumn said pointing at Toby, who was vlogging.
Toby then saw the new guys standing there and turned the camera to face us all.
"Oh my God!" he screeched at the top of his lungs. "New people! Run!"
Toby started sprinting down the street at top speed. Oh my God he is so stupid.
I heard the sound of the bus and looked up to see it coming down the street.
"TOBY!" Autumn screamed "THE BUS!!"
He spun around and shouted something I couldn't understand and started sprinting back up the street. I laughed as the bus stopped and Autumn, Marissa and Gerard got on.
Toby was about halfway back when I heard Frank say "I'll take your bag for you if you need me too.." I nodded and thanked him. With my crutches under my arms I got on the bus slower than necessary to give my brother some time to reach the bus.
"Melanie!" I heard Autumn yell from the back of the bus. "Come on, slow poke."
I laughed and picked up my pace, knowing Toby would reach the bus in time. When I finally overcame the obstacle of the steps, I pulled myself down the dirty bus isle, lifting up my cast to keep it clean. I saw Autumn sitting with Gerard, deep in conversation about music. Sighing, I looked for a different place to sit when I spotted Frank sitting alone by the window. I shuffled towards him with my head bowed shyly. Damn it. Why do I have to be so socially awkward?
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Frank's POV
~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Can I Sit with y-you?" Melanie stuttered out, looking down shyly.
"Sure!" I said quickly, trying to make friends.
She sat down, propping her leg up on her sister's seat across from us.
"So, how did you break your leg?" I asked curiously.
Melanie looked over at her leg and back at me.
"Well.... It's a long story..." She said.
"I have the time." I said. My curiosity was getting the best of me and I knew it. Melanie looked embarrassed and was nibbling at her silver lip ring. I thought she wasn't going to tell me, but then she started talking.
"Well, about three weeks ago... My mother was taking my sister and I to school in our little car. Toby had got a ride with a friend that day. When we were pulling out of the driveway, a huge red truck hit us on the passenger side. We flipped and flipped and flipped so many times, I can't even remember how many. The next thing I know, I wake up in the hospital. I could hear my brother crying somewhere in the room. My sister was in a bed next to me, still asleep. Then, Toby came over and his eyes were all red from crying and he told me my mother had died in the crash. I didn't cry. My mum had treated me like shit for so long, I didn't even care for her anymore. There were IVs in my arm"-she cringed at the thought-" and there was a cast on my leg."
Woah. That....That was.....Damn I can't explain it.
"Oh my God!" I gasped. " I'm so sorry!"
"Meh." she sighed and shrugged. " Oh, wait! Let me see your schedule. Maybe we have some classes together..."
Quickly, I pulled my schedule out of my bag and handed it to her, and she scanned it.
"Okay, we have Math, English, Science, Art, Music and lunch together. That's a lot of classes. Marissa and Autumn will be in them too; they're in all of my classes..." Melanie stated and I nodded.
She sighed and laid her head back, tugging her sleeves further down. That's peculiar.. It's still warm out and she's wearing shorts...and a long sleeve...? And then it clicked.
She's a cutter.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys... uh sorry it took so long I was in the hospital for a week for suicidal type things and then i had to catch up on school so yeah I'm sorry :))))

xoAngel