A Retrospect in Accolades

A Retrospect in Accolades Chapter 1

Chapter 1

"Sir, you are aware of the posted speed limit, yes?" A young and lanky boy in uniform asked.

"Erm... " Harry Potter fidgeted in his seat.

"Well, clearly not. According to the Road Traffic Act of 19-"

"Yes, that's all very nice, doing your lovely job but we really need to be someplace." Draco Malfoy intervened from the passenger seat.

"I- but I- can't just let you-" The young man stammered in surprise at the intrusion.

"You've just started hm? I can tell. What are they called? Oh yes, copper. New at this copper thing are you?" Draco interrupted yet again.

The Policeman looked irritated. "Wha-? Erm, so, sir, I need to see license and registration. It is very important to drive at the posted speed limit. You weren't even using flashers!"

"Sorry. It won't happen again..." the dark haired man apologized pathetically.

"I shall have you know that you are a menace to the road and I will have to-"

Draco snorted and turned to the driver. "Harry, are you a wizard or not?"

"That'd be unethical, I should deal with the con-"

"Oh for Merlin's sake!" The wizard seemed to have a thing for interrupting today. He pulled out something that looked like a drum stick.

The Policeman immediately brought his hand to his baton, in suspicion of the stick-like object. Who knows, perhaps this peculiarly dressed and snobby blonde man could use it as a weapon or to his advantage.

Draco did (much to Harry's disapproval). "CONFUNDO!"

Teddy Lupin peered out the window of his compartment to see the they had finally arrived at King's Cross Station. He was home after a third year at Hogwarts. Not a particularly special year to say in the least. Well, nothing like his godfather's whom he would be staying with over the summer. At last, he'd be able to ask Harry more about his father, Remus, who passed away in the war. Harry didn't know his own father either due to an untimely death. Excerpts of the late Lupin during Christmas and other gatherings were rushed and always cut short.

Collecting his things, bidding friends goodbye and changing his hair to a more appropriate shade in consideration of muggles, he descended down the steps of the Hogwarts Express.

Young Lupin saw a familiar head of black next to that of platinum blonde below a sign declaring their location- platform nine and three quarters. He couldn't help the huge grin that formed on his face as he made his way towards his godfather Harry and cousin Draco.

The couple seemed to be bickering about some incident with a muggle when Teddy had gotten within earshot. He gave a small wave in an effort to gain their attention.

"Teddy! Here, let me get that for you..." Harry greeted and proceeded to haul the trunk onto a nearby trolley.

"You've grown so much! No more funky hair I see." Draco observed, eyes narrowing at Teddy's currently chestnut coloured hair.

Teddy smiled. "Turquoise wasn't working, the muggles around here y'know...Thanks for coming to get me."

"Oh, we're so happy you're staying with us, Teddy!" Draco exclaimed pulling the metamorphmagus into a breath-shortening hug. Harry attempted to join but was pushed away from Draco, "Turns, Potter, turns. I hardly get to see him."

Harry sighed and shrugged in defeat. After clearing his throat in indication of his impatience, he got Draco to let go and allow Harry a turn. "It's good to have you. We'll have plenty of time to talk about your father, so don't worry." he murmured into the embrace.

The three made their way back to Harry's dark green mini-cooper and set off towards Number 12 Grimmauld Place.

Teddy Lupin walked into the mostly familiar setting of his godfather and cousin's home noticing some minor changes which included the removal of Walburga Black's painting (who knew, a Reducto seemed to have done the trick) as well as a new addition to the wall of elf heads he recognized to be Kreature.

"I wouldn't have put him up there but it was what he wanted..." Harry excused at Teddy's gaze to the wall of heads.

Draco scoffed "I hate that wall."

"So no elves then?"

"Nope." The couple confirmed.

"Granger was pleased we didn't get another." Draco mumbled and promptly strode to the kitchen in conclusion to the subject.

"Let's get your trunk upstairs." Harry said, pulling his wand out.

Teddy made to do the same but halted to Harry's reminder.

"No magic outside of school" his godfather said apologetically.

"Right."

Harry levitated the trunk upstairs. "Dinner is in an hour. In the meantime you can unpack and settle in."

And Lupin did so. Without magic and neglecting all his belongings involving school, allowing his robes and books to stay in the trunk.
An implication that summer has started.

"You cook?" the guest asked in surprise.

Draco was stirring a stew-like substance fragrant of foreign spices. "Turns out it's just as easy as potions." turning to Harry in an effort to deride. His victim just rolled his eyes and began filling glasses of water.

Leaving the stove, Draco turned to retrieve plates and back to scoop the stew which Teddy had learned was called Curry along with rice.

Although very unlike the local Western food that he was used to, Teddy had taken a great liking to this Curry dish, not hesitating to ask if they could have it again tomorrow. Draco laughed and compromised with the promise of something new from yet another extrinsic land.

Dinner was banished and tea was served. Harry talked of his most recent mission and finally getting partnered with Ron. Draco expressed his excitement of his new apothecary by flinging the tea of his cup. Teddy informed his hosts of the latest trend at Hogwarts which was a curse term known as, "goblin crotch".

More catching up could come later as Teddy had soon felt his eyelids getting heavy. He faded out of the dinner conversation and the banter of his hosts reduced to muffled nonsense. He bid them goodnight and dragged himself up the creaky stairs to his reserved room and fell into a peaceful sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Harry Potter belongs to Jk Rowling, Scholastic, Bloomsbury and Warner Bros. No money is being made on my part, that's what jobs are for!

This story is the result of combining about four different stories I've had sitting around. Sorry this chapter is so short, I have more written out but feel that it'd be better to save that for the next. I just wanted to get this first ch out.

That's right, there's more to come (obviously). A lot more.

Oh yeah, there's a HP puppet pals reference in here so that belongs to them.

Excuse any spelling/ grammar errors. I have no beta reader.

Reviews would be nice.

Thanks for reading!