A Retrospect in Accolades

A Retrospect in Accolades Chapter 3

Chapter Three

Eight years ago...

"MALFOY! We are always late because of stupid little things like this. Why can't you just for once be on time! It's all your bloody fault! Shacklebolt is going to be livid! Not just with you but me!" Harry roared in a manner fitting to his house mascot.

"Oh shush, Potter. Stop worrying that pretty little head." Draco drawled while observing his cuticles.

"Did you just call me pretty?" the Auror asked his partner curiously.

"Don't get complimented often do you? But no, you must have heard wrong."

Harry pushed aside the temptation to argue that he was sure he had heard correctly deeming it irrelevant to the point he was trying to make. "Right then, erm... Oh yes, your hair! Seriously, nobody cares, Malfoy. It's just going to get messed up again after another chase so-"

"Because we most definitely go about chasing dark wizards. Get real, Potter. It's paperwork all day for us, thanks to that little stunt you pulled on the last mission..." Draco spat out sarcastically.

Harry's irritated expression altered into a solemn and hard stare. "I had to. I couldn't let them hurt you." He saw Draco recoil slightly and quickly added, "You're my partner and I'm responsible for you and all. It'd look bad if I let something happen..."

Malfoy relaxed but displayed a slightly offended look. "How thoughtful of you, Potty." he sneered.

The Boy Hero stalked viciously towards his partner and cornered him. Draco whimpered in fear, unable to move anything, he allowed himself to be driven towards the wall. Harry then ran his fingers through Malfoy's soft and perfect platinum locks, smiled and then violently ruffled it. The victim struggled to get away but his squirming only made it worse.

Satisfied with the new look he just gave Draco, Harry turned and stomped towards his office muttering what sounded like "bloody hair appointments, pretty boy" and" see how you like that"along the way.

"Ron Weasley sipped his pint, watching his best mate sulk. "It's not your fault, mate. He's a right git, that ferret."

Hermione slid into the booth, taking a place next to Ron. She made to hand Harry a bottle of beer before pulling it back saying "Sorry, Harry you said light didn't you? I'll go back and maybe get one for myself too.." She looked down at her waist.

"It's fine, 'mione." Harry assured reaching to the bottle his best friend was gripping. "Thanks."

Hermione Weasley sighed. "Malfoy again isn't it?"

Harry nodded.

"Just talk to him. See if he feels the same way.."

Ron spluttered beer onto their table and erupted into a coughing fit. "Sa-same way?"

Harry was thankful he didn't take a sip of his own seeing what Ron had just done. "What? You mean- you think I fancy him?"

The bushy haired witch rolled her eyes. "I meant he might be irritated with you just as you are with him. But I mean, if you're interested in him then..."

"No, no, no. You just said it... differently."

Hermione shrugged and sipped her ale.

"Isn't he a ponce though?" Ron asked, mouth suddenly full with what looked like crisps.

"Where did you get those?" Harry asked wide eyed with interest, attempting to change the subject.

Ron hastily shoved the bag he had been hiding under the table towards Harry, earning a glare from Hermione. "The diet can shove it, Herm. Besides, a few of these aren't gonna hurt me..." He trailed, staring curiously at the bag. "What are these anyway? They're muggle right?"

His wife sighed. "Crisps, Ron. And you need to... ah, forget it. Anyway, I believe we were discussing Harry's issues." She turned to her neglected friend, "Sorry, Harry. What were you saying about Draco?"

Ron huffed and mumbled something that sounded suspiciously like 'finally sorted'and 'priorities'. "Yeah, mate. Isn't he though?"

Harry shoved a handful of crisps in his mouth and raised his eyebrows in expression of uncertainty. Then, he proceeded to wash it down with beer. "Guess so. He bloody well acts like one."

This conversation was getting awkward, considering the boy hero himself had recently been questioning his own preferences. He couldn't help but let his gaze drift to arse of some fit bloke in tight trousers on the street or admire Charlie's muscular arms whenever he visited the Weasleys (Ginny had caught him doing so on one occasion and loudly pointed it out.)

The trio continued drinking and complaining of their respective work places ("They still won't accept S.P.E.W!") until closing time to which Harry bid his closest friends farewell and apparated home.

The Most Noble and Ancient House of Black had been unoccupied for nearly three years, Harry seeing it unfit as an appropriate bachelor pad. He was currently taking residence in a small flat in the heart of London. However, on this particular night, Harry, who was feeling particularly tipsy, head towards his inheritance as it was a mere ten minutes of walking from the pub he had just left.

Apparating was not an option as there was the possibility of getting splinched. The inebriated Auror stumbled through the threshold of Grimmauld Place but quickly bid to collect himself remembering the ever present painting of Mrs. Black. "Shhhhhh!" he scolded even thought it was for himself. Giggling at having shushed himself, he entered the kitchen and began rummaging through the cupboards for a glass. Failing to find a clean one and forgetting Kreature's purpose, he gave up and made his way towards the parlor to pass out on the couch.

"Ouch! Fallo!" Draco cried with a sharp jerk of his head.

"Sorry, dear! Next time, do try to come in without your hair all matted up like this..." his hairdresser defended.

"Why do you thinkI hadto come in here? It's because my hair is like that." the client mumbled back, sinking in his salon chair.

"You didn't have to. You just wanted to see me." Fallonzo said, looking into the mirror and then winking. "Besides... don't have have some sort of hocus pocus thing that could fix this?"

"Shhhhhh!"

A woman who was getting her hair dyed looked over, startled at the shush.

"Nobody knows what we're talking about. Don't worry, darling." Fallonzo casually drawled.

Draco furrowed his perfect brows in concern. "Still, even you shouldn't know."

"You know your secret is safe with me." the hairdresser said waving a comb. He spritzed Draco's hair with something fruity smelling and patted his shoulder. "Alright you're done." he said and dramatically ripped the styling cape off his client with a swoosh.

The Auror examined his newly styled hair and grinned in approval. "You're brilliant."

Fallonzo shrugged "I know" he smiled back.

Draco stood from the spinning chair. "Uhm, I was wondering if you want to... erm... come to well... my world sometime?"

"Really?" Fallo asked excitedly.

The wizard nodded. "I'll owl- I mean, phone you."

"I'll be waiting."

With that, Draco nodded and made way to the back door where he was told would be a safe place to disapparate.