Sequel: Fate's Cruel Hand
Status: Please give some honest feedback.

Life After You

Life After You

Kelly feels relieved as she walks her last patient out into the reception area. Her head is pickled with the ramblings of an old man who doesn't believe in modern medicine and has stopped taking his medication. The consequence for his actions are that he lives partly in a fantasy world, finding it hard to distinguish reality from fantasy. Kelly rubs her temples gently as she writes down her notes into his file. She had listened to his ramblings with interest, not surprised that he is convinced that goblins are hiding his clothes and taunting him.
She checks her diary and checks the time. She had finally agreed to going on a blind-date set up by Marilyn. Normally she would have run in the other direction and as Marilyn said, she might not find the love of her life, but at least she would be having fun trying.

Kelly takes a series of deep breaths before opening the door to her mysterious date for the evening. He is tall, broad shouldered with salt and pepper hair. He looks smart in his black turtle neck sweater and beige suit.

"I'm Eric." He smiles"it's nice to finally meet you"

"I'm Kelly." She smiles.

"Shall we go to dinner?" He asks, offering his arm to her. She politely accepts as they walk to his car, a mercedes convertible. He starts the car and drives off.

"What do you do for a living?" Eric asks, glancing at her briefly before he checks the rear-view mirror.

"I'm a psychiatrist."

"That's impressive. I've never dated a doctor before" Eric admits."I hope you aren't going to analyse me over dinner"

"I wouldn't dream of it" she says with a smile.

After a twenty minute drive they stop in front of a French restaurant called Pierre's. Being a true gentleman, Eric opens the car door and takes her arm as they walk towards their table.
Eric orders a bottle of wine as Kelly reads the menu. It's all in French, so she has no idea what anything is.

"Good evening. Are you and your beautiful lady ready to order?" He says in a fake french accent. Eric replies that he does and waits for Kelly to rhyme off her meal.

"I'm sorry, but I can't read French"
Eric smiles at her. He thinks she's cute when she blushes.

"I suggest we have the pan-seared scallops to start with. And then" Eric reads the menu, always checking with Kelly whether she likes what he is ordering "roast duck and chestnut stuffing. And to finish we'll have the strawberry cheese cake tower"

The waiter gives a curt nod then disappears into the kitchen. Kelly sips the wine and is overwhelmed by the taste of vanilla and apples.

"So, what do you do?" Kelly asks. Her eyes sparkling in the candlelight.

"I'm a car salesman over at the BMW garage on Harvard street. If you ever need a new car I'll be more than happy to show you around" Eric beams, a flirtatious tone in his
voice.

"I'll keep that in mind."

After the meal Kelly is escorted to her front door by Eric. He is charming and makes sure she is inside before driving off. He had been the perfect gentleman the whole evening, opening doors for her, allowing her to truly be spoiled by a treatment she wasn't used to.
Kelly had given him her number and sent him a text message before going to bed. She thanks him for a lovely night and he asks if she would like to do it again sometime.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'd appreciate it if anyone who is interested read my new story "Road To Ruin"