Sequel: Fate's Cruel Hand
Status: Please give some honest feedback.

Life After You

Life After You

Jeremy leans over the sink and scrubs his face. He can still feel the layer of make-up on his skin, waxy and greasy. He stares at his reflection and is relieved that the make-up artist had managed to conceal the dark circles under his eyes. Jeremy had been asked to appear in an interview for his latest blockbuster and his agent happily accepted without his consent or knowledge of what is going on in the actor's life. Jeremy had played Steven Rose quite well, a private investigator employed by a rich family, two parents who had no idea where their son is. In the movie, Rose had managed to locate the rich son and discovered that the real reason why he had run away was because his parents didn't accept that he was gay. The most challenging part for Jeremy was to fall in love with the other man on screen. He had never played a gay man before and found the role difficult to start with, simply because he had never questioned his sexuality before.
Jeremy and his co-actor, the young man he fell in love with on set had spent most of their time discussing their most difficult role. They concluded that anyone could be in an action movie or a slasher flick, but it really took "something" to be the total opposite of who you really are.
Jeremy had admitted in therapy that kissing another guy was weird and he didn't feel like that because he's homophobic, he's just not into guys.
The roles had really pushed the actors physically and mentally. It was a big opportunity neither of them wanted to pass on, but the rumour mill would start spitting out stories as soon as the movie was leaked.
Jeremy dries his face with a grey coloured towel and walks back into the dressing room, the door ajar for the crew to run cables.
While nobody is looking Jeremy pops some pills into his mouth. If anyone has seen him he would say he had a headache. Part of it is true at least.
A familiar cheesy jingle erupts from his coat pocket. He reads the text message carefully.

By the time he gets home she is already standing on the doorstep. She has changed the colouring in her hair, shortened it and styled it with precision. He notices an engagement ring on her wedding finger. Her stomach a small mound under a loose fitted blouse. He swallows down the lump that has formed in his throat, his eyes somehow fixed on her stomach.

"I'm sorry for just showing up like this, but thought you might like this back" Stephanie says, going into her handbag and pulling out a small black velvet box.

She runs her thumb over the lid of the box. He takes it without saying anything, partly because he doesn't know what to say or what to do. He looks down at the box,his lips pursed together.

"I'm sorry things didn't work out."Stephanie says softly"One day you're going to make someone very, very happy"

Stephanie leans in and kisses him gently on the cheek. As she pulls away Jeremy looks into her eyes, searching hers. He swallows the lump. Their faces are barely three inches away from each other.

"I need to go. Take care of yourself" Stephanie says while she's walking away.

Jeremy watches her as she climbs into her car and drives off down the street. An empty, hollow-like feeling sits in his gut like a brick. Seeing her made him want her more or maybe just wants what he doesn't and can't have.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope everyone is enjoying the story :) We are still a long way off till the end, but all good things must come to an end.

I write out these chapters days in advance, so I'm hoping I can come up with something good for the ending.

How's everyone liking it so far?