Sequel: Fate's Cruel Hand
Status: Please give some honest feedback.

Life After You

Life After You

Kelly reverses out of the drive-way, feeling completely refreshed after a bubble bath and a good nights sleep. She had spent two hours at Jeremy's house, just listening to him ramble as he knocked back nearly half a bottle of whisky. She understood his feelings perfectly having been there before once herself, but it was something she never wanted to revisit.
Marilyn had called her less than an hour ago to go for some lunch. The timing is perfect since it's Kelly's day off. Normally she would have spent her day doing housework or catching up on paperwork and eventually lazing on the sofa watching bad comedy with a glass of wine. She sings along to the radio as she pulls into the parking lot.

Marilyn has already ordered coffee when she gets to the table. Kelly instantly cups her cold hands around the mug as Marilyn replies to a message on her cell. She had never been here before and makes a note to come here again. The bistro feels very homely with it's Italian memorabilia on the walls and the fabric table cloths. Kelly picks up the leather bound menu. She is thankful that the Italian dishes have an english translation and a list of ingredients in the meal. It was a huge turn off if she found mushrooms in anything she was planning on eating.

"Well?" Marilyn asks suddenly.

"Well what?' Kelly replies. She has no idea what she is supposed to say.

"How was your date with Lawrence?"

Kelly blows out an over dramatic sigh. She would rather forget the date and just enjoy lunch, avoiding the subject of her blind-dates.

"Come on, it couldn't have been that bad" Marilyn says.

"You should have been there. Sitting at a superhero convention is not my idea of a date" Marilyn laughs "he tried to get me to wear a matching costume. No way"

"So you won't be seeing him again?"
Kelly gives her a sarcastic look. She has no intentions of ever going on a second date with Lawrence.

"How about Roger?" Marilyn suggests"He said the date went great"

Kelly shakes her head.

"He talked constantly about teeth. I know the guy's a dentist, but talking about abscesses isn't a turn on for me" Kelly says definitely. "And he tried to invite himself in for coffee"

"You liked Eric" Marilyn reminds her."You went on a second date with him"

"He's married" Kelly says bitterly.
She really did like Eric. He's a down to earth guy who made her feel special, but he had couple a couple of weeks later to say that he and his wife were giving things another shot and that he was sorry.

Marilyn reaches across the table and pats her hand reassuring her that Mr Perfect is out there somewhere.
They order lunch. Marilyn orders a Tuna steak and Kelly orders lasagne. The atmosphere is pleasant and friendly, the food absolutely delicious and the service fantastic.

"I know just the person!' Marilyn says excitedly.

Kelly rolls her eyes. She had said that to about every guy she had dated at Marilyn's request.

"You know Jeremy, right. From the wedding?"

"Yes" Kelly says confused and cautious.

"He's single again. You two would make a lovely couple. I'll give him a call and see whether he would be interested in taking you on a date" Marilyn's fingers are already searching for her cell-phone in the suitcase like handbag.

Kelly panics.

"Marilyn, I don't think that's a good idea"

"Why ever not?" Marilyn replies. "You are both single."

"You don't understand. I can't date Jeremy" Kelly says and receives a concerned look from her friend."This doesn't go any further and I'm telling you in the strictest confidence. You can't even tell Wayne"

"I promise. You're starting to scare me" Marilyn crosses her heart.

"Jeremy is...was one of my patients. It is extremely unprofessional to get involved with a patient. I could lose my job. He is no longer my patient because at your engagement party he kissed me. You can't tell him that you know" Kelly says in an almost whisper in case someone else hears.

Marilyn sits there stony faced. She's in shock. She had known Jeremy for years and he had never mentioned once seeing a psychiatrist.

"I had no idea" Marilyn touches her cheek, still completely dumbfounded by Kelly's revelation.

"Nobody does. If the media got hold of this it would destroy him and it would destroy my work. You can't mention this to anyone"

"I promise I won't" Marilyn agrees. She would never do anything to hurt any of her friends, even if they became her worst enemy.
Kelly prays that Marilyn doesn't tell anyone about what she has revealed to her in confidence.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please guys, give my original fiction a go :)