Sequel: Fate's Cruel Hand
Status: Please give some honest feedback.

Life After You

Life After You

Kelly didn't know when "some other time" would be, but she hoped it would be soon. When Jeremy had given her his coat she could feel the warmth of his body against her skin. She had felt all tingly and fuzzy inside, a feeling that is practically alien to her.
He was close yet so far away. Every time she passed his coat in the hallway she could smell the musty aftershave and cigarettes.
They had decided to try and be friends which suited them both.
She had gone to bed with his voice ringing in her ears. She giggled all the way home about the fan who had tried to literally have her way with him.

Since yesterday's coffee she had thought of nothing and nobody else other than Jeremy. She mentally transported herself to moments of loving companionship; the long walks on a sandy beach and the evenings underneath the stars. She sighs and snaps out of her day-dream.
She hadn't been able to concentrate all morning and had found herself zoning out of reality as her patients talked. After a coffee break she resumes with her afternoon appointments, still thinking about Jeremy.

KNOCK...KNOCK...KNOCK

Kelly snaps out of her day-dream and goes to the door. She remembers that her next patient is new to the practice and most of the hour session will be filled up with paperwork that is already sitting on her desk.

Kelly opens the door and feels her heart dropping to the floor.

"Hi" he says.

"Hi" she stammers.

"I thought I'd bring you coffee" He explains with a pearly white grin.
He offers her a cardboard holder with two cups of coffee in orange
cups.

Gratefully she takes it and he follows her into the office.

"Thank you" she sips her drink. It trumps over the instant coffee she had been drinking all day.

"You're welcome"

Jeremy hands her a sandwich and takes off the plastic lid of his coffee.

"Do you have an appointment with Susan?"

Jeremy shakes his head.

"I was in the neighbourhood."

Kelly laughs.

"Anyway, if you're looking for your coat I don't have it."

"Looks like I'll have to stop by sometime"Jeremy says. Kelly can feel herself starting to blush. Maybe it was just her, but recently he had started speaking in a sexy tone. She shakes the thought from her head.

"I'm sure I can even stretch to making you coffee" Kelly replies. She twirls her hair around her finger, subconsciously.

"I bet you make great coffee"
A warmth stings her cheeks. She's blushing like mad.

"Maybe I do."
Jeremy flashes her a grin across her desk.

"Maybe you don't" Jeremy smiles

"How much do you want to bet, tough guy?" Kelly retorts back.

Jeremy pulls a face and whistles, then leans on his folded arms.
She swallows and feels herself warming up by looking at his arms.

"Ten bucks?"

The intercom on the desk buzzes, her receptionist alerting her that her next patient is waiting.
Taking this as a signal to leave, Jeremy gets up and walks to the door.

"It's a deal." Kelly says with a laugh as she leaves Jeremy at the door, her patient already standing to her side.

"Great. I just hope you don't poison me"

"I'll message you my address"she says with a smile.

Jeremy looks over his shoulder with a smile as she greets her new patient. He walks out of the building feeling happier than he had done before and Kelly can't wait until he tries her coffee.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you everyone for your comments :)

My biggest concern is that I'm not portraying Mr Renner very well. So, I do apologise for that.

Please share your thoughts on the story.