Sequel: Fate's Cruel Hand
Status: Please give some honest feedback.

Life After You

Life After You

Kelly rushes around the living room, moving ornaments and plumping the cushions on the sofa. She runs her finger over the coffee table and is satisfied that it isn't dusty. She steps back and makes sure that everything is perfect. She doesn't want to give the wrong impression that she is a total slob.
Kelly answers her ringing cell-phone.

"Hey, what you up to?" Marilyn asks loudly.

"Not much. Where are you? There's a lot of noise in the background" Kelly puts her finger in her ear.

"I'm at the grocery store. Do you need anything while I'm here?"

"No. Is that the only reason you called?" Kelly asks impatiently. She's trying to get ready and Marilyn wants to make small talk.

"I didn't think you would need anything since Jeremy is coming over" Marilyn teases.

Kelly goes over the conversation in her mind.

"How the hell did you know that?" Kelly demands, completely gobsmacked that knows and she hadn't even told anyone.

"I know lots of things. Face it, Jeremy took Wayne's advice and brought you coffee at work. He told Wayne that you had invited him over" Marilyn replies cheerily.

"Are you two trying to get us together or something?"

"Is it working? Well then." Marilyn laughs, her matter of fact tone loud and clear.

"Marilyn, I love you like a sister, but there is no me and Jeremy"

"Oh please" Marilyn scoffs. Kelly can hear rustling in the background "You want him just as much as he wants you. Wayne and I are just trying to hurry things up."

Kelly can't quite believe it, but part of her does. It's so typical of Marilyn to..to be right.

"Do you always hate being right?" Kelly asks.

"It's a talent. Anyway, I better go because lover boy will be wanting coffee. Bye"

Kelly hangs up the phone and wants to scream in frustration at her best friend's meddling. She doesn't understand why Marilyn and Wayne are getting involved all of a sudden. They hadn't been so enthusiastic about any of her past boyfriends.
But she smiles to herself. She knows she's developed a crush on Jeremy.
She won't admit to anyone other than herself that she is happy that her friend has decided to play matchmaker.

Jeremy grabs his throat, choking and gargling, pretending to be dying after taking a drink of Kelly's coffee.

"You're not funny" Kelly tries not to laugh and shoots him a look.

"Sorry." Jeremy laughs "It's not bad"

"I'm glad you think so. I have you know everyone loves my coffee"

"I guess I owe you ten bucks, right?" Jeremy laughs and hands her ten dollars. She just laughs at him.

"A bet is a bet"
♠ ♠ ♠
Are you guys ready for the next chapter?

Aren't you's lucky getting another update....