Sequel: Fate's Cruel Hand
Status: Please give some honest feedback.

Life After You

Life After You

The decor is modern and simple, classy with a Japanese flair. Every circular table is dressed elegantly with white satin tablecloths, silver cutlery and sparkling wine glasses. Carriage style lanterns with candles burning brightly sit in the centre of every table, the lights overhead dim to create a relaxing, romantic atmosphere.

Jeremy pulls out the chair and allows Kelly to sit down. He hasn't stopped smiling since he picked her up. His jaw had literally dropped to the floor when he saw her. She is stunning.

"You look beautiful" Jeremy says as he takes his seat.

"Thank you" Kelly replies with a blush"You look quite handsome"
She also wanted to say that his aftershave made her weak at the knees and being trapped in the car with him made her to want to faint.

Kelly looks around the restaurant, seriously impressed by the decor and elegance. She can't quite believe that she is sitting in one of the city's most popular and expensive sushi restaurant.

"Everything looks amazing"

"It's a great place. When my mom was visiting last year she wanted to go to a nice sushi place, so I brought her here. She loved it" Jeremy explains"I thought it would be fun"

"Are you and your mom close?"

"Yeah. Well, we used to be before she moved to Sydney. My parents divorced when I was a kid, but they were always close. She moved out there, maybe three or four years ago" Jeremy answers.

He asks her if she is close to her own parents.

"Yes and no" Kelly says.

"Yes and no?" Jeremy laughs. He takes a sip of his wine.

"I love my parents, but they can be..a handful. Kind of like my whole family"

"They can't be that bad" he scoffs

"You haven't met them. They got mad at me because I wasn't married and my younger sister is expecting their first grandchild. They're just old fashioned"

Jeremy smiles at her as their sushi buffet platters arrive.
They dig in.

"Would you get married?" Jeremy asks between mouthfuls. He had given up on using the chopsticks and opted for the fork. Kelly had almost died laughing at his frustration, especially when he tried to stab a sushi roll with the chopsticks like a fork.

"If I met the right man then I would probably think about it"She sighs and tries not to think of her own failings."How about you? Will you ever settle down?"

Jeremy smiles awkwardly, a little sadness creeping up on him.

"I thought I would." He says sadly"My career always screwed it up"

"It was maybe just never meant to happen"Kelly replies positively.

"Maybe"

They continue to talk over desert and coffee. Kelly tells him about her childhood and he responds with hysterical tales of his early acting career. She is in hysterics as he recalls shooting the scenes for neo-ned.

"I've never seen it"Kelly admits"What was the most difficult scenes you've ever shot?"

Jeremy laughs.

"The...uh..you know..the sex scenes"

"There's a sex scene?" Kelly raises her eyebrows and laughs. She can't help but giggle more as he turns bright red.

"Uh..yeah"Jeremy also laughs.

"Maybe I'll need to have a look"

"Just don't turn into one of those fan-girls, okay?" Jeremy chuckles.

"I promise. Girl guides honour"

"I don't believe you" Jeremy replies with a cheeky grin.

"What don't you believe, Renner? That I was a girl guide or I won't act like a fan girl?" She teases.

The air was colder when they left the restaurant, completely stuffed and feeling lethargic. The walk to the car had been nice, Jeremy offering his arm like a gentleman and opening the door. Kelly had blushed furiously several times with Jeremy's teasing questions. His smile and the twinkling in his eyes made her melt and go all gooey inside.

"Thank you for tonight. It's been really lovely" Kelly says as he walks her to her door."I've really enjoyed myself"

"Good"Jeremy grins"I thought you'd enjoy it"

"Again, thank you" Kelly says as she turns the key in the front door.

"Maybe we could do this again" He asks softly.

"I'd really like that"

"Me too" jeremy says. He leans over and gives her a gentle peck on the cheek. She watches him as he walks to his car, her stomach doing somersaults and flips like a circus clown. She touches her cheek and grins like the cat that got the cream.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is a wee extra chapter since the last one was very short.