Sequel: Fate's Cruel Hand
Status: Please give some honest feedback.

Life After You

Life After You

"You were marvellous" Rick Marshall says, approaching Kelly from the side. She jumps and accidentally spills water and apologises to the young man in the white tuxedo who is doing his best to mop up the mess.

"I'm sorry" Kelly apologises again.

"Don't worry about it" Rick reassures her. "The students and the staff thoroughly enjoyed your presentation"

"Really?" She asks doubtful because she had been so nervous."I was so scared."

"You were excellent. You had everyone gripped and I feel that the personal references made it credible" Rick guides her by her elbow to an empty table by an open bay window.

Some of the teachers and students had gone out to walk around the grounds or have a quick cigarette. Kelly feels totally welcomed by the students and the staff members and a lunch style buffet had been arranged for her visit. Some of the students had approached her and thanked her for inspiring them and that made her feel really good. Extremely happy.

"I've got a proposition for you"

Kelly looks at him.

"We have a fund here at the university that allows us to hold specialised lectures and seminars. Mostly the fund is used for more popular fields, but I'd like to know if you would be interested on giving regular lectures here"

Kelly's jaw physically drops in shock. She was hoping to leave a good impression, but a teaching opportunity wasn't exactly on her agenda. This is the second time she has given a presentation at the university and after doing it a second time, she still felt nervous. This time she had given a presentation in the biggest auditorium, her audience not just the students from Princeton, but surrounding colleges as well.

"I don't know what to say!" Kelly's voice squeaks.

Rick laughs.

"I'm hoping that you will at least consider it. Normally our specialised lectures are three days every month and of course there's your fee." Rick takes a gold pen from the inside of his suit jacket and writes down a figure on a nearby napkin.

Kelly stares at the sum in disbelief.
Now, she is lost for words.
♠ ♠ ♠
I apologise for the shortness of some of the chapters, but I can promise you all that it will be worth it at the end.

How's everyone liking it so far?