Sequel: Fate's Cruel Hand
Status: Please give some honest feedback.

Life After You

Life After You

For three months Kelly had submerged herself in work and accepted the proposition from Rick Marshall to give a lecture three times a month at Princeton. Marilyn and Rosie had both agreed that it was too good an opportunity to just through away and it gave her something to focus on while Jeremy was in rehab.

During those lonely weeks, Marilyn as always had saved her from drowning. At night Kelly would sit on the sofa with a glass of wine, just being miserable. Rosie and Marilyn of course jumped into action. Kelly had been ambushed by her two friends and was literally dragged out to dinner, a movie and drinks. Kelly hadn't laughed like that in weeks and really appreciated what they had done and why they had done it. They had done what she would do for them if the shoe was on the other foot.
This was why she loved them dearly.

She falls onto the couch, feeling completely exhausted after several nights of insomnia and the late running practice board meeting. Every few months the psychiatrists within the practice sat around a table and discussed specific cases in confidence. They would offer their opinions and discuss possible treatments or therapies that may help their patients.
Kelly kicks off her shoes and wanders into the kitchen in search of something for a snack.

"Shit" she says out loud as she finds an empty fridge.

She checks the time and decides that it's too late to go shopping since the best of everything fresh will be gone. She rubs her eyes with the heels of her hands and orders a take-away, her only option at this time.
The guy at the take-away said her delivery would be around half an hour since they were so busy and for the inconvenience, she would get a free desert or a bottle of wine. Kelly slips into the bath and feels the tensions of the day floating away. After the stressful day she's had this is exactly what she needs, all that's missing is Jeremy and a good film.

Her stomach rumbles as she goes to the front door dressed in her pyjamas. She is starving. So hungry she could ear a horse or maybe a large pig.

"I've never been so glad to-" Kelly stops speaking suddenly, her eyes wide.

"Happy to see me?"

"Jeremy. Oh my God!" She exclaims, pulling him tightly into a hug. She hadn't expected him to just show up. "When did you leave? Why didn't you call me?"

She takes him by the hand and pulls him into the hallway, taking his bags from him and leaving them underneath the row of coats under stairs.

"I got discharged yesterday. I wanted to surprise you" he smiles gently, wrapping her in a tight embrace.

"Surprise me? I feel like I'm going to have a heart attack. I've missed you like crazy"

Jeremy sleepily gazes into her eyes.

"I've missed you too. You were all I could think about"

"I feel exactly the same. I've ordered some take-out we can share if you want?"

Jeremy smiles.

"That would be great"

They lie together like two spoons perfectly fitting together, his strong arms wrapped around her, protecting her from the world that lies outside the window. Her head is against his chest, listening to his slowing heartbeat, returning to normal after their steamy session.
They fall asleep for the first time in weeks, together. It's the first time in months that they've felt happy since Jeremy's departure. Their first time of lovemaking since feels like the very first time for both of them.
They're welcoming their love for each other with open arms.
♠ ♠ ♠
What a cute wee chapter :) don't you think so?