Sequel: Fate's Cruel Hand
Status: Please give some honest feedback.

Life After You

Life After You

Kelly's prediction about Rosie's hangover had been spot on as usual. Kelly had spent fifteen minutes listening to Rosie complain about how bad her head hurt, how she felt shaky and sick. Kelly told her to drink plenty of water and take some aspirins, have something light to eat and lay down for an hour or so.
Kelly files some papers away in the filling cabinet as her intercom buzzes.

"Dr Hunter, your next patient is here"
Kelly replies to the intercom and tells Nancy, her receptionist to send her next patient in. Practising psychiatry had been what she had aimed for her whole life, helping people lick their wounds and move on. She pulls out the next file and makes her way to the door.

"Good morning" she says "come on in and take a seat"
He sits in one of the leather arm chair, his coat draping over his arm.
She notices that he looks terrible, unshaven with bloodshot eyes.

"Have you been drinking, Jeremy?" She asks, his file open on her lap. Kelly takes notes on every conversation she has with a patient to mark progress and to refer to when needed.

"Yeah" he mumbles.

"You've said before that you and bars don't mix. So, what's changed?"
Jeremy swallows hard. He had been seeing Kelly Hunter religiously for three years and on the occasion he missed a session was because he was working on movies.

"Did something happen?" Kelly probes gently. She knows exactly how far she can cajole the celebrity. When she first met him she had been so nervous because he was one of the few celebrities who used the practice. After a number of weeks and several hours of understand, he asked her not to treat him like a star, but like anyone else.

"Steph and I... we you know broke up"

"I'm sorry to hear that. How do you feel about it?" Kelly says with feeling.
He shrugs his shoulders, the truth not really sinking in. he looks up, tears wetting his eyes.

"She...was...uh with someone else" He swallows hard, the lump still bulging in his throat.

"That must have been a shock to come home to." Kelly says gently"How did you find out?"

Jeremy frowns.
"I went to see her. She said it's been six months" he sucks on his bottom lip.

Kelly can see that there is a lot of pain in his eyes. She had known something was wrong as soon as he walked into her office. He was quiet and stared off at nothing in particular. He's half in the office and half somewhere else, probably anywhere except here.

"What's your thoughts, Jeremy. You've gone quiet" Kelly says softly.

"Sorry." He replies"I just...I dunno how I feel. I'm sorry for wasting your time" he says and grabs his coat.

Kelly blocks him off at the door.

"You haven't wasted my time. I'm here to listen to whatever's on your mind."
Jeremy gives her a small smile and heads down to the stairs. He will talk when he's ready