Remind Me

Chapter 1 (introduction)

December 17th 2025 (10 years from now)

Everyday she sits by his bedside and patiently waits for him to wake up from his coma. Christmas was coming up and it had been a month since the accident. She hadn't missed a day. Every day after the kids went to school she’d take her four month old and head to the hospital. She’s sit there until it was time to go pick up her other children.

Today was different than the others she didn't go to the hospital right after dropping off her kids. It was Christmas break and the kids were home. Thankful, her in-laws had been here since they got the phone call that their son, their eldest child, James, had been in an accident. She was getting ready to leave after lunch to head over the hospital. She began to get the baby ready and then the phone rang.

*Flashback*

It was a snowy November day and James was getting ready to head over the Consol. He had an early morning skate before taking off to Toronto. Everybody in the house was up; the kids Nash 7, Avia 4, Cam 2 were eating breakfast before getting ready for school. His wife Kayli was trying to get everybody ready while feeding their youngest; three month old daughter Emmy. Kayli went about her morning routine getting kids lunches packed for school and daycare. James would get them dressed before he had to leave. Kayli and the kids lined up as usual to say goodbye.

“Bye da!” Little Cam screamed in his father’s arms.

“Bye buddy, I’ll miss you.” He kissed him and set him down.

He kissed his children goodbye and headed out the door. They all stood on the front step and watched him drive. This was the routine whenever he had to leave the city. He gave them a final wave and drove off down the street.

“Okay let’s get ready for school.” Kayli said.

They ran inside to get washed up and ready for school. Kayli had five minutes to throw her blonde hair up in a ponytail. She put her boots on and was about to head out the door, and then she realized she left her keys in the kitchen. She rushed to the kitchen and grabbed her keys.

The phone rang. She didn’t want to pick it up because she was running late, but she had a gut feeling that it was important.

“Hello?” She answers cautiously.

“Hello is this Mrs. Neal?” The man on the other line asked.

“Yes it is.” She gulps afraid of his empathetic voice.

“I’m afraid to tell you that your husband James Neal has been in an accident.” The voice says on the other end.

Her biggest fears where coming true.

*end of flash back*

Answering the phone, it was the hospital.

“Hello Mrs. Neal we would like to come to the hospital as soon as possible, we have some information we need to share with you.” The doctor said

“Alright, I’ll be there as soon as possible.” She hung up quickly

“It was the hospital, they have some new information.” She said to her in-laws

“Go we’ll watch the kids.” They encouraged.

Quickly she rushed off to the hospital. The drive felt like it took forever. She wondered what the new information was. She didn’t want to get her hopes up too much in case it could be worse. Although she hoped he had woken up or at least some changes.

She entered the hospital and James’ doctor, Dr. Reid greeted her immediately.

“Kayli your husband has woken up.” He informed her.

Tears began to fall down her eyes. Everything was going to be alright. He was awake and eventually he’d be home again with her and the kids.

“He hasn’t said much, so we are not sure yet if there has been any memory loss.” He explained.

She nodded slightly and Dr. Reid guided her to the familiar room. She reached the door way and saw him in his bed facing away from the door, looking out the window.

“James you have a visitor.” Dr. Reid said.

James turned his head and smiled. The Doctor ushered Kayli into the room. She walked in and sat next to his bed. He looked at her for a moment and she smiled at him. She was nervous. She didn’t know what to say to him.

“Who are you?” He asked her.

She was at a loss for words. He didn’t remember her. The one thing she prayed wouldn’t happen, happened. He didn’t know who she was so that meant he didn’t remember his kids either. That broke her heart the most.

“James, I’m your wife”
♠ ♠ ♠
This is my new story. I hope you enjoyed it.

For those of you who read my other story Back To December. I have not forgotten about it I will post on it. I just can't find inspiration to write it at the moment.

Please leave me a comment letting me know what you think!
Please Subscribe!