Status: New and attackactive!

Kenya

Just Shit

School was borderline insufferable. Every day just seemed to pass by the same. I hung out with Minnie a lot and we sat next to each other on the bus.

I was making my way to her locker one day after school, when I saw Kenya already there, talking to her. She looked completely uninterested. She was picking at her nails and not even making eye contact.

Against my better judgment I went over to her while Kenya was talking to her.

“Hey Ashley,” he said quite nonchalantly, like he hadn’t slept with my girlfriend.

Minnie looked up at me. “Kenya was just inviting me to this super awesome party he’s going to have at his house. Do you want to come with me, Ash?”

She was amazing. I could almost see smoke coming out of Kenya’s ears. He kept his cool though. “That’d be really nice Ashley. Why don’t you swing by?”

“I might grace you with my appearance.”

“Good. I’ll see you there.”

As soon as he walked away, Minnie grinned at me. “That was flawless right?”

“It was actually perfect.”

Minnie just smiled. “So I’ll see you downtown for a celebratory tea at 6:30 and then I think we should head to the party.”

“Sounds good.”

---

My aunt asked me where I was going. I just told her that I was going out. She didn’t question me further. She sort of couldn’t put up with my answers anyways.

I’d grabbed a coat as a last-minute thing, and I was never so glad that I grabbed a coat in my life. Sometime between the time that I’d gotten home and then gone to leave, it had gotten windy and cold. I suppose that’s what happens when summer starts to end.

I ducked my head and walked to the teahouse. I was a bit late, but Minnie didn’t seem to care at all. For once, I was glad that this little hole-in-the-wall place was too hot. I shed my coat and sat down with Minnie.

“You know,” she said, “you should never stand a lady up.”

“I didn’t stand you up, I was fashionably late.”

“Fair enough.”

I noticed that Minnie had switched from iced tea to hot tea. I looked at the menu. It was absolutely daunting. There were at least 20 types of tea, and I’d only heard of two, maybe.

“Try an earl grey,” Minnie offered. “It’s plain. You may like it.”

I went up and ordered my tea. The barista handed it to me and I paid.

Minnie rested her head on her hand and looked at me through raccoon eyes. “Why are you friends with me Ashley?”

“Why shouldn’t I?”

“You know, when you’re at the top rung of the social latter, you often forget why people like you and me don’t hang out.”

“I’m nowhere near the top.”

“You could be. With time and effort. Then there’s people like me who wouldn’t have a chance even if hell froze over.”

“I was popular at my old school, but I sort of decided I didn’t want to be like that at this school. It was my chance to start over. I was sort of a prick.”

“I’m not saying that I don’t love your company, I’m just so curious about the way that people make decisions.”

She sat there and mindlessly stirred her tea around.

I took a tentative sip of mine. I almost burnt my tongue off. Well, it least severely burned the tip off.

Minnie sighed at me. “I thought I taught you better.”

I shrugged.

Minnie drove me to the party in her car. I was sort of put out because I used to have a nice car and now I had nothing, and that made my ego sort of hurt because now I was sitting in the front passenger seat of a Prius.

“So when you want to leave, come and find me. I don’t drink, do drugs, or engage in promiscuous sex, so I will be driving unless something completely unexpected happens, which is not likely.”

“Jesus, why are you going then?”

“To help you get back at Kenya.”

“Christ,” I said. “You’re an angel.”

Minnie smiled.

There were a few cars parked outside of Kenya’s house, but it seemed like there were so many more people inside. It already reeked like smoke and alcohol, so I thought it was probably safe to assume that this wouldn’t be a classy party.

“Oh. My. God,” I heard someone say. I turned and almost ran into a really tipsy Kurt’s girlfriend. I still didn’t know her name. no one had bothered to tell me.

“It’s Ashley!” she squealed. “Hey Ashley.”

“Hey….”

“Daphne.”

“Daphne right. Hi, how are you?”

“Pretty chill.” She grabbed onto my forearm with both hands. “Come and get a drink with me.”

And it seemed like at that moment I was back to my old ways. I was slumming around with another guy’s girlfriend while that guy was slumming around with another girl. We were getting drunk and being loud.

A few girls and guys in the kitchen were taking body-shots. Two girls were shirtless, but I didn’t recognize them from school.

I thought I saw Kenya, but I wasn’t sure.

A few stoners sat in the corner and smoked.

Daphne pulled me into a group of people who were dancing. She pressed and ground her body all over mine, but I really didn’t feel anything. She led me to the backyard.

“You’re so much nicer than Kurt,” she said between hiccups. She giggled. “I’m so sorry. I have hiccups.”

“It’s fine.”

“Hey lets go swimming okay?”

“Um, okay.”

There was only a small-sized hot tub and I didn’t see this whole thing ending well, but I agreed anyway.

She started peeling off clothes. I just stared at her little, fit body and all I could think of was Shannon, but it didn’t hurt like I expected it to. I just felt sort of lost.

She slipped clumsily into the hot tub. I followed her, banging my elbow in the process. A few more girls and Kenya came out on the deck.

“Hey playah,” Kenya called to me a wolf-whistled.

He and the girls stripped somewhat and then joined us in the tub.

Kenya was wasted, I could tell. I thought I was a lot drunker than I was. Most of the girls were absolutely tanked.

Daphne was all over Kenya now. He gently set her aside, telling her that he needed to talk to me.

Some girl’s leg was draped across mine. She looked familiar, like I might have seen her in a hallway at school or something.

“Hey man. I’m really sorry about the Perry thing,” he said. He looked kind of honest, but I didn’t say anything.

“Like it wasn’t supposed to happen that way.”

“With me finding out?”

“Well that too.”

He didn’t say anything else to me. His attention became focused on Daphne, who sat on his lap. She ran her fingers down his neck. He whispered something to her that I couldn’t hear over the other girls’ chatter.

I got a bit re-interested in the goings-on when Daphne threw her bra somewhere, because quite frankly there is no male on this planet who isn’t absolutely fascinated by breasts.

“Holy shit,” Kenya mouthed at me.

I just tried to not think of how awkward this actually was. I mean Kenya was right there next to me and I had an almost-boner.

The girl who was almost sitting on me earlier told me that she was going inside to get drinks. She grabbed my shirt and put it on. I thought nothing of it.

When she got back, she handed me a beer bottle. I somehow got the top off on the side of the tub. She and I split the beer. I didn’t really get much drunker, but I think I loosened up a bit because I thought it was suddenly okay to make out with her in front of Kenya.

About three beers later, she was dragging me through the yard, freezing my soaking wet ass off, and taking me inside. She was still half naked but no one really noticed. Everyone was doing their own thing.

“I don’t even know your name,” I whispered to her, trying to get a condom on.

“It’s okay,” she said. “Because I know yours.”

It made no sense, but it didn’t matter to me.

I passed out afterwards.

“Hey man. Get the fuck up,” I heard someone saying.

It was still dark. Kenya was shaking me.

“What?” I mumbled.

“You gotta leave.”

He was way sober and he was treating me civilly.

“Why?”

“Scene-queen-whoever-she-is asked me to come and find you. She said she’s your ride.”

“Minnie.”

“Sure.”

I looked at the girl next to me and then back at Kenya.

“She won’t remember it,” he assured me. I felt kind of bad, but it wasn’t something that I was going to dwell on.

I got out of bed. Kenya stared at my crotch. I didn’t really think about it until later. My head was still too foggy.

I searched around for my boxers. I slipped them on. Kenya had shut the door. He leaned against it, watching me.

“You’re being kind of creepy.”

I couldn’t find my shoes, shirt, pants or jacket. Kenya sighed. “I bet they’re still outside.”

I shrugged. “It’s colder than balls. I’m not leaving here.”

“I’ll go get them. Don’t leave.”

I sat on the bed. It took Kenya quite a while, but he found everything except for my shirt. He handed it to me. I got dressed.

I went to open the door, but Kenya totally invaded my personal space and pressed me against it.

“What are you doing?” I asked, trying to be quiet so I didn’t wake up the girl sleeping on the bed.

“Shhhh,” Kenya whispered. He kissed me. Hard. His hands pulled at my hair and the skin on my neck. I pushed him away, but not for the reason that I would have expected. I pushed him away because I wasn’t comfortable with being dominated, not because I didn’t enjoy it. That scared me.

Kenya’s eyes were dark with lust. I opened the bedroom door. He didn’t move, just watched me leave. I saw Minnie waiting at the end of the hallway, her eyes glued to her phone screen.

“Hey Ash,” she said.

She looked at me more closely and laughed. “Nice hickey.”

I shrugged. I was too fogged up to understand and now Kenya pulled this thing on me and I liked it. I needed to go to sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
OMg. Leave me a comment and tell me about your feels. And go here and follow me and if you like gay bands and stuff we can fangirl together.
Payton :)